How many kids do you have? local singaporeans only

Wind30

How many kids do you have  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How many kids do you have?

• 6+

16 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its very simple really.

I also don't intend for my kids to look after me but if it really happens and I am so broke my kids have to look after me or if my health is so bad they have to nurse me

then either they will say I am so happy I have the opportunity to look after my parents. A burden to them? Nonsense they will say my parents gave so much to me its an honour to be able to look after them back.

Or they will say looking after my parents is such a burden and I really not happy to look after them.

Now if my kids really think my parents are a such a burden and I really not happy to look after them. That would mean I really didn't bring up my children very well.

And the best opportunity is to find this out by needing them to look after me and the wife. Maybe after they have the experience of having to look after us they may change their thinking.

Hopefully it is at first I thought looking after my parents was such a burden but then I really enjoyed it. I was so wrong and I am glad I had the opportunity to correct my wrong thinking.

The only way you will ever know is if it happens and if your kids are badly brought up then this is the only way you have a chance to put things right.

What is bringing up your kids well?

Do you think it is they have a good education, become rich and successful and have wine and cheese evenings? Wearing branded clothes and locking up the parents in the back room because they boh tak chek and don't know about Cab Sig and Camembert and don't wear branded clothes? 

Or is it making sure my parents are around when I have wine and cheese evenings and not ashamed of having my parents around but proud of them?

Well brought up kids is not rich successful people that are ashamed of you but kids that would love to look after you and not seeing it as a terrible burden.

:grin: 

Ya right..... let’s see how you handle your MIL first! Your kids are watching!!!!🤪

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Ya right..... let’s see how you handle your MIL first! Your kids are watching!!!!🤪

Ya Lor...I treat my in laws quite good one too

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Haha no one looks after their MIL as well as I do.

There is no day I never talk about her.

Some people never like to talk about their MIL.

How much money do people spent on their MIL?

Do they pay for them to take holidays around the world?

Do they put them on the newest and latest aeroplanes like the 737Max?

My MIL is never far from my mind.

Is there even one day I don't think and talk about her?

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

So you really disagree that

Well brought up kids is not rich successful people that are ashamed of you but kids that would love to look after you and not seeing it as a terrible burden.

I am not going to argue with you.

Its you like to think this way so be it.

I respect your views I am sure many people also think this way.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

That is why infant care is impt. Those 0-2 years.... I am surprised government is so late to react. Until now then start working on childcare... but it’s really the 0-2 years that is the killer. Hard to take care.

if don’t leverage grandparents who take care of kids if both parents work. Lky say the main reason for declining birth rate is the greater participation of females which is irreversible....

So shack. Which women want to do many times.. Eyebags for few years... 

Esp below 2-3 years. Then times 2 is easily 5-6 years. 

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I think kids are just a reflection of the parents... I just treat my parents and in laws better now lor 

I understand and can relate to what you are saying.  I see it too with my own eyes, not just in my family but in many others.

Modern high stress society is not good for filial piety, many, after forming their own family, stop giving allowance to their parents, stop visiting them / staying connected and they expect their kids to adopt a different values system when they are older?  

Take care of your parents financially and emotionally and your kids will likely take care of you, maybe not financially but love is definitely free.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Many people equate getting married and having kids as companionship in older age. But to be honest, as the grind sets in, and you reach middle age, daily life is mostly a list of chores to be ticked off the list, and yes, you can be pretty lonely and alone with your thoughts as well, despite being surrounded by family members. Hard truth. Hope I didn't discourage those thinking of building a family [laugh]

Alamak how i wish someone told me this 20 yrs ago. Haha

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Somewhat1975 said:

Two. I stopped at two. The only reason I have the 2nd one is to keep the 1st one company.

Nurturing a baby needs a fulltime father or mother. It is exhausting to work and to raise a baby simultaneously.  The structure of the present society, which predominantly full time working father and mother, is not baby-friendly.  

It's more for a fighting buddy. 😁

• Haha! 4

I very listen to our garmen. So I have 2 girls.

On a serious note, have 2 girls can very fun. They are both very close to me then to their mother.

But at age that both are close to going university soon, especially most likely oversea. This is really very siong.

Stop-at-Two.jpg

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Showster said:

Yes, after the school health examination,  always send to medical appointment to check this check that, and apply unnecessary medication.

End up appointment after appointment only. Each appointment not cheap also.

Lol. U guys have healthy kids with minor issues flagged up that are doing "unnecessary" checkups... 

Then u all want necessary checkups for real big problems? Wah piang. Like the school health service checkup want to find more kids to go see govt hospital and make appointment lists even more crowded? 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

That is why infant care is impt. Those 0-2 years.... I am surprised government is so late to react. Until now then start working on childcare... but it’s really the 0-2 years that is the killer. Hard to take care.

if don’t leverage grandparents who take care of kids if both parents work. Lky say the main reason for declining birth rate is the greater participation of females which is irreversible....

If grandparents are high level, then grandkids will be high level. Emotionally secure, higher than average verbal ability, well adjusted. 

Some grandparents are excellent care givers. Like my uncle is one. 

I'm not talking about love and general care. All parents and grandparents love their family.

Some kids will benefit greatly from infant care. Or even full day childcare vs instead of only kindergarten.

For others who can afford or are willing to invest more time and effort, putting your kids to infant care or full day childcare is partly limiting their potential. Some kids thrive better in school environments but the others actually suffer subconsciously or just accept their place in the social hierarchy. That's my blunt assessment. 

I can see it in the people around me. Even those close to me. Though I just keep my mouth shut lol. 

For myself, I love my parents and in laws, but my wife can do so much much more...  And we've never regretted the decision. 

• Praise 3

If people really believe I am trying to do my MIL in they live in their own world.

I post so much nonsense that people can actually believe of all my silly posts this one about my MIL is real?

Its amazing. I am just kidding lah!

Just in case something bad really does happen to my MIL

and the police start looking into my old posts.

I think I am safe from suspicion now. :ph34r:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If grandparents are high level, then grandkids will be high level. Emotionally secure, higher than average verbal ability, well adjusted. 

Some grandparents are excellent care givers. Like my uncle is one. 

I'm not talking about love and general care. All parents and grandparents love their family.

Some kids will benefit greatly from infant care. Or even full day childcare vs instead of only kindergarten.

For others who can afford or are willing to invest more time and effort, putting your kids to infant care or full day childcare is partly limiting their potential. Some kids thrive better in school environments but the others actually suffer subconsciously or just accept their place in the social hierarchy. That's my blunt assessment. 

I can see it in the people around me. Even those close to me. Though I just keep my mouth shut lol. 

For myself, I love my parents and in laws, but my wife can do so much much more...  And we've never regretted the decision. 

doc... the fruits from your wife’s sacrifice will come later and are definitely sweet

👍🤗

↡ Advertisement