How many kids do you have? local singaporeans only

Wind30

How many kids do you have  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How many kids do you have?

• 6+

8 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Aiyah. Everyone was just taking the opportunity to just “poke“ you a bit, since you always mention your MIL! 🤪😋

Just in case something bad really does happen to my MIL

and the police start looking into my old posts.

I think I am safe from suspicion now image.png.ee59cccea299fa9383e088a0a34e0522.png

My post was just for the police lah

But cannot make it so obvious so must pretend write some other things first lah. [thumbsup]

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

If people really believe I am trying to do my MIL in they live in their own world.

I post so much nonsense that people can actually believe of all my silly posts this one about my MIL is real?

Its amazing. I am just kidding lah!

:grin:

Just in case something bad really does happen to my MIL

and the police start looking into my old posts.

I think I am safe from suspicion now. :ph34r:

Yes you don't want to become an outlaw just because of your in-law. 

😁

• Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Hi le wild @SiLangKia. How's life coming along? 

Wah @SiLangKia is very lucky.

Some one always hi BB

but BB hi SLK and call him wild.

SLK you very wild in what way huh?

If too shy to say in forum can just pm lah.

I won't share with everyone just my MIL can already.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 4

25 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I Know of 3 sisters who gave birth all boys. One with 1 child and the other 2 with 3 each. All dare not try for more! Haha

My friend is one of 3 boys. 

His brother has 3 boys. He has two boys. I would really be a betting man if I bet for a girl if he decides for a 3rd... Ha

• Haha! 3

24 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

But you also see less of them once they move out.

known of many guys who end up at the MIL place more often than their own parents place. 

The old cliche, ‘A son’s a son ‘til he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life’.

Daughters are more filial usually. I used to work in geriatrics for a while in hospital or related department. The seniors always say... Must have a daughter... 

I think the statistic is that in Singapore, you are less likely to end up in a nursing home if u have just a single daughter. And i can't remember the number but its a very large difference. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

50 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Hi le wild @SiLangKia. How's life coming along? 

I don't want kids I can't even take care of myself 😨

Ppl say a strong marriage is the foundation to a healthy environment for kids to grow up well and I'm a heartbreaker so cnt la

With that out of the way, life is fine, I console myself by spending most of my money on my car so I convince myself that I'm too broke to have a gf and no one would want me HAHAAHHA

Edited by SiLangKia
  • Haha! 2

46 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Wah @SiLangKia is very lucky.

Some one always hi BB

but BB hi SLK and call him wild.

SLK you very wild in what way huh?

If too shy to say in forum can just pm lah.

I won't share with everyone just my MIL can already.

Lucky indeed, I don't deserve this honour

And I'm a good boy, work from 10-6 and go home everyday, no extra curricular activities 😬

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

i also have a girl and a boy each.

we started late, but almost had an unplanned 3rd, but it was not to be.

In any case, we're happy with the two, and it was indeed tiring to take care of the two in our mid 30s. Luckily my mother helped to take care of the kids when they were young, before they were old enough to go to the childcare. This allowed us - especially my wife - to continue to focus on our work.

Logistically, we'd planned it such that we got a resale flat in the same block as my parents when we got married, so it was convenient for us all. We go to my parents' place for dinner everyday, and bring the kid (only one at any one time) to my mum before we go to work, and will bring the kid down after dinner, so that my mum could have a good rest. When the younger one came along, the elder one was just old enough to go to childcare, so it was not too taxing on my mother.

So my mother - who was very active and used to go around to many temples on her own - was grounded for about 4 years helping to look after the kids, before the younger one also went to childcare.

We moved when my younger one was going to Pri Sch, and got my parents to move in with us, so that they could continue to look after the kids when they come back from school.

If we had started the family earlier, we might consider having another one.

• Praise 5

15 hours ago, Othello said:

I have 2 boys. All wives will surely want a girl, but dun have the energy liao. So close shop lor. Also do not want the "horror" of getting another boy !! [laugh]

Exactly!

7 hours ago, SiLangKia said:

Lucky indeed, I don't deserve this honour

And I'm a good boy, work from 10-6 and go home everyday, no extra curricular activities 😬

Now got opportunity for ECA.

No deserve never mind just grab first lah.

Faster like someone's post

and don't sent mixed signals. :a-good:

Uncle cupid jamesc

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 4

6 hours ago, Atrecord said:

i also have a girl and a boy each.

we started late, but almost had an unplanned 3rd, but it was not to be.

In any case, we're happy with the two, and it was indeed tiring to take care of the two in our mid 30s. Luckily my mother helped to take care of the kids when they were young, before they were old enough to go to the childcare. This allowed us - especially my wife - to continue to focus on our work.

Logistically, we'd planned it such that we got a resale flat in the same block as my parents when we got married, so it was convenient for us all. We go to my parents' place for dinner everyday, and bring the kid (only one at any one time) to my mum before we go to work, and will bring the kid down after dinner, so that my mum could have a good rest. When the younger one came along, the elder one was just old enough to go to childcare, so it was not too taxing on my mother.

So my mother - who was very active and used to go around to many temples on her own - was grounded for about 4 years helping to look after the kids, before the younger one also went to childcare.

We moved when my younger one was going to Pri Sch, and got my parents to move in with us, so that they could continue to look after the kids when they come back from school.

If we had started the family earlier, we might consider having another one.

Ya, the grounding of parents is one big issue. I had to ferry them back and forth between the 2 set of grandparents(balance the load) prior to my kids turning 18mths before we had them in childcare. 
really appreciate them for doing it. 
the only 2 other alternative would be for the mother to stop working or infant care which still quite many out there are not so comfortable with. Not to mention that both these 2 alternative options is rather taxing on the family income. 

• Praise 2