How many kids do you have? local singaporeans only

Wind30

How many kids do you have  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How many kids do you have?

• 6+

7 hours ago, Atrecord said:

But class 3 license allows for:

(a) Motor cars of unladen weight not exceeding 3000 kg with not more than 7 passengers, exclusive of the driver; and
(b) Motor tractors and other motor vehicles of unladen weight not exceeding 2500 kg

So for 3-row v class, is still qualified. But for those 4-row hiace vans, should be cannot already right?

Still can meh?

This one? 
https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=804130

↡ Advertisement

I think they shd give phase 2A priority for family with 3 kids enrolling in school within 1 km, on the pretext of helping with their logistics.  And if older siblings are already in another school, they can get priority for transfer to the same school, or a secondary school of their choice.  If they do that 3 will be the new 2!

Have more babies, Singaporeans!

it is the simplest way, to save our next generation at least until humans can be cloned . 

Hard Truth. 

so to married couples who are not infertile,  i say minimum 2 to "replenish" at least. 

• Praise 3

17 hours ago, Roh96 said:

Given that raising a child in Spore is so costly, those high income earners should give birth to more.

unfortunately high income earners tend to be focused on just that: income, career, wealth etc.

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

unfortunately high income earners tend to be focused on just that: income, career, wealth etc.

Can come out new rules! Those who are earning more than 80K per annum must have at least 2 babies! If not add tax!!!! hahahahah.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can come out new rules! Those who are earning more than 80K per annum must have at least 2 babies! If not add tax!!!! hahahahah.

wah.... then ministers will die die produce more little white ponies..... plus demand even higher salary still.....

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, Playtime said:

wah.... then ministers will die die produce more little white ponies..... plus demand even higher salary still.....

They stay GCB leh. They can have a school of ponies also lah. No scare. got enough room for everyone!

We stay HDB one very different. hahah

8 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Pains my heart to see this :omg:

She is so cruel that she did it not once, but three times, may be to achieve the desired effect!

I have three, two men and one lady!

When we had our third, the garmen was not happy. They imposed surcharges on us. There was no maternity leave for my poor wife, who had helped to increase the population...

We belong to the low SES, no maids. We paid our neighbours look after.  During one period, my wife had to bring the kids to my mil before going to work. She did not have off time practically...

Time flies. All are working adults now, including the one who had been penalised...

• Praise 8

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I have three, two men and one lady!

When we had our third, the garmen was not happy. They imposed surcharges on us. There was no maternity leave for my poor wife, who had helped to increase the population...

We belong to the low SES, no maids. We paid our neighbours look after.  During one period, my wife had to bring the kids to my mil before going to work. She did not have off time practically...

Time flies. All are working adults now, including the one who had been penalised...

辛苦了! 😂

• Haha! 1

Having more kids in $G is the last thing one would ever want to do in the Most Expensive City to Live in the world. With the sky high cost of living, peasant still have to deal with senseless tax hikes which claimed to 'help' them...

'GST is to help the poor'

Sounds familiar?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/gst-hike-amid-surpluses-a-hard-sell-say-analysts

Turbocharged

I adopted a lovely girl...which is my wife 😍  And she also adopted a very good boy...me.🤓

Tats why all these years we calling each other...baby 😘  This is also 一个 ‘好’ 字 ! 😜

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 1/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, Roh96 said:

Given that raising a child in Spore is so costly, those high income earners should give birth to more.

Once give birth to more, and having to deal with the additional costs and opportunity costs (career time sacrificed), high income earner will be living lower income lifestyle! [laugh]

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

She is so cruel that she did it not once, but three times, may be to achieve the desired effect!

maid-960x540.jpg

NP_20200123_DSBABY23MT01_5400602.jpg?ito

I see liao really very heart pain :TT_TT:

• Sad 1

I have 1 daughter who is 6 years now . She is going to register for P1 this year.

And both myself and my wife are feeling the heat as the preschool parents in her school are comparing which enrichment classes are the Best. 

It is more competitive now and it cost a LOT to bring up a child, both time and money .

Have another one, no thanks!

And yes , all those maternity and parental care leave are bulls**t, if a person can take 5 months maternity or paternity leave at one shot, do you think the company would say they still need you when you come back?

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 2

On 1/21/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jamesc said:

Now if my kids really think my parents are a such a burden and I really not happy to look after them. That would mean I really didn't bring up my children very well.

I think parents need to remember that they only spend 20 or so years bringing the kid up with the right values. After that, he develop his own friends, his own environment which may influence the values which he is brought up with . This  is especially true in today's world where the kid is expose to social media and globalism which is much more than before. Infact, the external influence may be even greater than the internal influence.

So imo, while it remains  very important for parent to make use of that first 20 years properly, there is very little guarantee that the values that the kid is brought up with will still be with him 20 years later.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2