Pioneer HU z5250bt vs z9250bt

rickylah

Hi all, just want to check I'm upgrading my head unit to pioneer. Like to understand more if z5250 n z9250 really make a big difference? 

Different shops really say different thing. Some say 5250 good, some say lousy confirm wouldn't satisfied, at least 9250. 

Is it really the case? Or just smoke me to upsell a almost $1k model? 

Music will be play thru android auto Spotify mostly. Not flac file or thumb drive as I like convenience. 

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, rickylah said:

Hi all, just want to check I'm upgrading my head unit to pioneer. Like to understand more if z5250 n z9250 really make a big difference? 

Different shops really say different thing. Some say 5250 good, some say lousy confirm wouldn't satisfied, at least 9250. 

Is it really the case? Or just smoke me to upsell a almost $1k model? 

Music will be play thru android auto Spotify mostly. Not flac file or thumb drive as I like convenience. 

Just get the 5250. Since you are only looking at Spotify.

The main difference between 9250 and 5250 is the wireless airplay if you want to know. and the screen also. IIRC, the screen for 9250 is capacitive whereas 5250 is resistive.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The main difference between 9250 and 5250 is the wireless airplay if you want to know. and the screen also. IIRC, the screen for 9250 is capacitive whereas 5250 is resistive.

thanks sir! will just look at 5250 then. 

14 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

if wireless airplay works with spotify, then its worth the delta . Having to plug unplug when you get to the car to get it to sync up with the head unit and waze can be a hassle at times, unless u have another phone that is a PR in the car.

20 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

if wireless airplay works with spotify, then its worth the delta . Having to plug unplug when you get to the car to get it to sync up with the head unit and waze can be a hassle at times, unless u have another phone that is a PR in the car.

I would think you will have to plug in if you use Waze often, unless your journey is short. Waze is super power hungry. 1hr of Waze use can easily drain 10-20% power. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I personally think that the current wireless apple carplay is not very stable yet. Maybe just wait for this year launch to see the latest headunit and see if there is any improvement.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, dsman said:

using 9250. loving the android auto wireless connectivity 

Have u listened to 5250 n 9250 and compare?

Shops usually has only 1 demo to play with. 5250 or 9250.. 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:32 PM, kobayashiGT said:

The connection is still bluetooth between my phone and the HU? 

On 1/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, Mkl22 said:

I would think you will have to plug in if you use Waze often, unless your journey is short. Waze is super power hungry. 1hr of Waze use can easily drain 10-20% power. 

When you say plug in, you meant to charge your phone right? 

Autoimage is quoting me $680 plus installation for 5250, ok price?

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Extremme said:

If you are going for android auto or apple carplay, you will have to attach a MFI cable to the phone for the data to be exchanged to the headunit. Currently, the 9250 have wireless carplay. 

But if you are listening to spotify only, you can opt for the bluetooth connectivity. don't have to plug in with the cable.

I hope this helps! Ted (from autoimage) gave you a reasonable price. You can trust them for installation also!

On 2/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, Extremme said:

Hi, in the end I went for 9250 since I wouldn't want to change HU in the near future.

And BTW $680 is normal pricing but suggest you check with St audio at Kaki Bukit. They quoted me much lower than 680. Hope it helps. 

1 minute ago, rickylah said:

Hi, in the end I went for 9250 since I wouldn't want to change HU in the near future.

And BTW $680 is normal pricing but suggest you check with St audio at Kaki Bukit. They quoted me much lower than 680. Hope it helps. 

how much did you get for 9250 with installation? 

Playing thru Bluetooth can hear the sound quality dropped. Tested for android phone. 

Not sure abt apple. So if u using android, try your best to connect cable if you want enjoy a better sound quality thru Spotify. 

Just now, Extremme said:

how much did you get for 9250 with installation? 

Z9250 is all quoted ard $950 to 980. Can't seem to find anything lower. But most important audio shop you can trust too. 

3 hours ago, Extremme said:

someone selling $788 for Z9250 on carousell. He said he is doing wholesale but no warranty...abit skeptical 

I wouldn't want get without warranty. If spoil really gg. Even if warr over, local set pay for repair, export set will kana 3x repair cost. Gotten from pioneer sg website for this info.

If you OK with z5250bt then just go st audio lo. But don't get poison to get z9250bt la.. Lol. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just replace my Android 10in HU to Z5250, the sound quality much better. Only setback is the functionality. Seem like downgrade to my wife... 

Edited by BBSteven
↡ Advertisement