Pioneer HU z5250bt vs z9250bt

rickylah

35 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

When buying head unit can buy the latest model

but if you check the specs of the older model

and not much added features you need

then can buy older model and save a lot of money.

:grin:

I am an expert on getting head.

Old model no Android Auto and Apple Carplay. That is why thinking to change current car HU to Z5250BT. The old model served me well till I change to Jazz. The original HU sux. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, JZA80 said:

Old model no Android Auto and Apple Carplay. That is why thinking to change current car HU to Z5250BT. The old model served me well till I change to Jazz. The original HU sux. 

Like that then need to change lah. [thumbsup]

18 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Like that then need to change lah. [thumbsup]

That is why am looking for best lobang. Am still asking myself this question. Need DVD playback or just simply a receiver. 

Anyway, how to check Pioneer for best deals ? FB message individually and ask or ? 

2 hours ago, JZA80 said:

That is why am looking for best lobang. Am still asking myself this question. Need DVD playback or just simply a receiver. 

Anyway, how to check Pioneer for best deals ? FB message individually and ask or ? 

Do you really need DVD?

Some people play cartoon for kids in the car, some like to watch movies but if you only play music like me and never use DVD then no need lah.

These days everyone keep their songs on their handphone and only need blutooth to link to head unit.

The best place to find lobangs?

MCF Market place or google shopping.

Sadly car hifi is not big these days and only a few die hards left. 

If you find a good deal let us all know where so we also know.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, JZA80 said:

Just go to any audio shop for head unit quotation. You email/FB pioneer they will also direct you to their dealer one.

If you want budget budget, then go sim lim tower and get headunit. But you need someone to help you install.

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Do you really need DVD?

Some people play cartoon for kids in the car, some like to watch movies but if you only play music like me and never use DVD then no need lah.

These days everyone keep their songs on their handphone and only need blutooth to link to head unit.

The best place to find lobangs?

MCF Market place or google shopping.

Sadly car hifi is not big these days and only a few die hards left. 

If you find a good deal let us all know where so we also know.

My GK5 disc compartment haven't used it once. So far, mainly radio and bluetooth music over from phone to HU for my infant daughter. My previous Pioneer model only use disc when buying CNY songs from JB. Lol.. 

But does the price different alot between DMH and AVH for Pioneer ? 

Edited by JZA80
Add on words

3 hours ago, JZA80 said:

My GK5 disc compartment haven't used it once. So far, mainly radio and bluetooth music over from phone to HU for my infant daughter. My previous Pioneer model only use disc when buying CNY songs from JB. Lol.. 

But does the price different alot between DMH and AVH for Pioneer ? 

20 years ago I bought the best home Pioneer DVD player with SACD and HD DVD audio and never touched it in the last 10 years.

All my Japanese adult educational videos are now on the internet. Can see anywhere and anytime. No need to bring the DVD anymore.

These days not many people need a DVD player and some of the newer "player" don't even have a CD or a DVD slot!

Its all blutooth these days.

So yeah if you don't use the DVD don't bother with the DVD player.

One less thing to break down. Its usually the CD or DVD mechanism that fails first.

• Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

20 years ago I bought the best home Pioneer DVD player with SACD and HD DVD audio and never touched it in the last 10 years.

All my Japanese adult educational videos are now on the internet. Can see anywhere and anytime. No need to bring the DVD anymore.

These days not many people need a DVD player and some of the newer "player" don't even have a CD or a DVD slot!

Its all blutooth these days.

So yeah if you don't use the DVD don't bother with the DVD player.

One less thing to break down. Its usually the CD or DVD mechanism that fails first.

Yes, u got the point. So, is Z5350 or Z6350 ? Have seen both specs and Z6350 seems to be better ? I not audio fans. 

2 hours ago, JZA80 said:

Yes, u got the point. So, is Z5350 or Z6350 ? Have seen both specs and Z6350 seems to be better ? I not audio fans. 

9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Have read that. But no conclusion. Lol. Thing about HU is doesn't have much display models to play with. Unlike phones or laptops. 

• Praise 1

Currently using Z2250, came with the car. But very annoyed that it uses that absolutely useless rubbish weblink instead of android auto. Bad decision by Pioneer to have Carplay support but without Android Auto. So now it's just a overpriced radio and bluetooth spotify player to me because I can't use mobile phone connection features.

Now looking at the Z5050 and Z5250, found ppl selling in the $500+ range on carousell incl installation. If anybody got better deals(even better if allow trade-in) please share. Or other comparable brand that has AA that's cheaper even better 🙂

Edited by Dreamscent
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Dreamscent said:

Currently using Z2250, came with the car. But very annoyed that it uses that absolutely useless rubbish weblink instead of android auto. Bad decision by Pioneer to have Carplay support but without Android Auto. So now it's just a overpriced radio and bluetooth spotify player to me because I can't use mobile phone connection features.

Now looking at the Z5050 and Z5250, found ppl selling in the $500+ range on carousell incl installation. If anybody got better deals(even better if allow trade-in) please share. Or other comparable brand that has AA that's cheaper even better 🙂

Here are a list of headunit that is android auto compatible.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462450/Android-Auto-Compatible-Car-Stereos.html?tp=72381

Neutral Newbie

Hi First of all,

I would like to thank you very much!

I have 1 Pioneer AVH-Z9150BT it just shows logo and loading

Do you have files.img for me to download

Thank you very much!

z2088560572159_2a9271a43aad3b1e61175af5e1ba9ccf.jpg

• Praise 1