Trivago fined millions for duping travellers

Soya

Hmmm....no wonder their prices often seemed higher than other booking websites

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Trivago and Expedia under same group, i used them quite a lot until 2 yrs ago and switched to Agoda, Expedia price is higher than agoda in 90% of a search.

• Praise 1

Agoda & Hotels.com are my usual go to sites

Recently tried Trip.com. Not always cheaper but occasionally can find a bargain or two

3 hours ago, Blueray said:

but but but the chio bu on trivago say they are the bestest lei .... [:p]

anyways, my go to site is Agoda. 

2 minutes ago, Soya said:

Agoda & Hotels.com are my usual go to sites

Recently tried Trip.com. Not always cheaper but occasionally can find a bargain or two

Trip was good when they were ctrip, their China and HK rates were bestest and got tie up with UnionPay for discounts. Now not attractive already.

Have not used Hotels of late cos Agoda has been good for my requirements, namely; cheap. [:p]

Honestly do not rely on 1 site for the best discount. With Google just search and sure can find the best price around. Some will even surprised you with their add-ons.

Of course if you are lazy to read and compare just go to the popular ones.

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

agoda vs booking.com. That's usually good enough.

I get the impression that Booking's taxes, levies, etc seem to be higher that Agoda's.

21 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Trip was good when they were ctrip, their China and HK rates were bestest and got tie up with UnionPay for discounts. Now not attractive already.

Have not used Hotels of late cos Agoda has been good for my requirements, namely; cheap. [:p]

Good thing is that in Oz, the consumer law is strong and authorities do their work

Wonder what would toothless tiger would do?

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Blueray said:

I get the impression that Booking's taxes, levies, etc seem to be higher that Agoda's.

booking.com the search engine tend to give me better suggestions than agoda. And particularly in australia, booking.com usually gets me what i want. Price wise i think just at most 1-2 dollars difference usually. I've never met a scenario, the prices differ significantly.

Edited by Lala81

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

booking.com the search engine tend to give me better suggestions than agoda. And particularly in australia, booking.com usually gets me what i want. Price wise i think just at most 1-2 dollars difference usually. I've never met a scenario, the prices differ significantly.

guess the various sites have strengths in different territories.

agoda in my experience has always been the cheapest. not necessarily finding the cheapest hotel, but offering the cheapest deal amongst the different sites. 

booking.com from what i've found out add stuff onto the nightly price after you come to the total amount. can't remember what but it was the case on one occasion comparing total cost for agoda vs booking.com

best is still to stick to 1 website. agoda vip i find is good enough for me. plus can redeem agoda cash and save a little $$ per trip..

Normally use hotels.com until they start to "redirect" payment to another country (iirc my case was France) and I'm being charge extra 1% for "conversation fees".

Switch to Agoda few yrs back, and my last 2 bookings they charge me in HK, and additional 1% on my credit card statment.

All my bookings done in SG. Call their cso, keep avoiding e question on why was e transaction is being process in HK. Cso keep saying on their side charge is correct and i should chk w my cc bank. But when i started to "bang table" they came back and say "system error?" and will refund me e 1%.

Any of you guys w tis issue w hotels.com or Agoda?

https://blog.moneysmart.sg/credit-cards/credit-card-transaction-fees/

• Praise 1

Tot these days most of the big hotel chains website also offers the best price guaranteed ?

Can earn membership points some more and i find that its always easier to request for early check in or late check out when you book directly with the hotel . 

Most of the time , they do offer free upgrades and sometimes daily breakfast also ..  

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Tot these days most of the big hotel chains website also offers the best price guaranteed ?

Can earn membership points some more and i find that its always easier to request for early check in or late check out when you book directly with the hotel . 

Most of the time , they do offer free upgrades and sometimes daily breakfast also ..  

Yes, I always go straight to the official hotel website. Easier to call and clarify or make special arrangements when you have something in their own system.

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes, I always go straight to the official hotel website. Easier to call and clarify or make special arrangements when you have something in their own system.

what special arrangements you need hah ? [sly]

↡ Advertisement