Multi-supplement for age 50 above

denser

Hi,

What kind of daily supplements is recommended for age 50 & above?

I am taking Mega Men right now, thinking of other option.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I'm not a medical professional so just read my view with a pinch of salt.

I don't believe in supplements. I think eating natural food that is not overly processed is the way to go. Also cut down on sugar and salt, get adequate sleep (fix that sleep apnea), and exercise within our means. At 50, we should be going for regular medical check-up.

Sorry if this is not what you are looking for.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 7

How much of the vitamin supplements your body will absorb and how much of it the body will bypass and pass out? Anyone do a study on it? The marketing part only tells you the good bits of the supplements they are selling.

On the other hand if there are certain foods that you cant take for whatever reasons and you are taking supplements as alternatives, that I can understand. Eg. you are lactose intolerance and you take calcium supplements. 

I find that there can be many dubious studies out there to make claims about taking certain supplement can help improve some kinda health. Especially those who claim to boost your body immune system. Simi sai also can boost. The building blocks of the human body is mainly proteins, excluding water and fats. What else is in there?

Just dont take too much sugar, dont food binge or over eat, dont over drink on alcohol and watch what you eat. I think for ppl age 50 and above it's good to take walks after a meal.

Supplements are more likely to be advertise as if it's some kinda xian dan (miracle drug). It's not. Even if you have got the money you also dont anyhow spend on supplements.

• Haha! 1

https://www.euyansang.com.sg/en/tian-qi-powder-888842511302.html

I have been taking this every morning for the past year ..

Works for me as it gives me the “omph” in the morning before work..

Of course , did not buy from EYS! as my name is not Robert .. I bought raw and ground it to powder at my frd’s place..

Must try for those who know will know one..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, denser said:

Hi,

What kind of daily supplements is recommended for age 50 & above?

I am taking Mega Men right now, thinking of other option.

Thanks

Dun waste your money on this thing..

Former user here 🙏🏻😅

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator

I am 30 now. But I believe in what @Weez911 have mentioned. A healthy body starts with a healthy mind also.

Exercise more often, drink more water, Sleep adequately and not forgetting mindfulness.

Basically live like a monk and you will be fine. 😂

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Of course , did not buy from EYS! as my name is not Robert .. I bought raw and ground it to powder at my frd’s place..

Ooomph? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

This comes in tablet form too. I took some when I was a teenager. It's good for recovery like after a workout. But I find it overrated.

Edited by Watwheels

35 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Ooomph? Thanks!

Try taking it for min 6 months.. a teaspoon will do.. morning n nite...

u can thank me profusely later🙏🏻😅

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Tiger show performers in Hong Kong in the 80's were asked what they take doing live stage performance 5 - 6 times a day.

Is it tiger's anatomy? Or Rhino horns Or deer antlers?

No they said their secret is horlicks.

[thumbsup]

Horlicks is a sweet malted milk hot drink powder developed by founders James and William Horlick. It was first sold as "Horlick's Infant and Invalids Food", soon adding "aged and travelers" to their label.

The main ingredient in the United Kingdom formulation is a mixture of wheat flour and malted wheat (46%), followed by malted barley and a mixture of vitamins and minerals.

In Hong Kong, Horlicks is known better as a café drink than as a sleeping aid. It is served at cha chaan tengs as well as fast-food shops such as Café de Coral, Fairwood and Maxim's Express. It can be served hot or cold, and is usually sweetened with sugar. It is made with warm milk, and ice is added to it if a cold drink is desired.

image.png.024698d3eccfc8ccafffb58655462b46.png

• Praise 1

We are getting more than enuff vitamins in fruits/veg in  food here , we are not malnourished....... I take a generic Vitamin tablet only once a week to be frank , comprehensive blood test at polyclinic I think is good enuff for any deficiency ...... and yes lotsa outdoor exercise n Seks 2 my guru @Angcheek say 1 🤣🤣

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 3

On 1/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, Freeder said:

Dun waste your money on this thing..

Former user here 🙏🏻😅

So now can Stand up longer ? 😁 Anything less than 2 hrs is waste money. 💪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1