Sports car within 7-8k/year depreciation

Aventa

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. i never say daihatsu copen hor.

I laff loud loud coz seller asking $13k depre/yr on that piece of xxxx? 

• Haha! 3

20 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

7 to 8k?

Wrx / rx8 lo

Are we inviting and reckless wanabe like the hot discussion EVO driver in reckless driver thread.

5 hours ago, Soya said:

The term 'sports car' is actually quite loose. As long as it doesn't look like something boring, it's a 'sports car'. Yes, even the Kia Koup - looks great but drives like crap. But as long as it gives owners that special feeling, it has done its job

Juz like the term 'SUV' nowadays. A jacked up FWD hatchback limited power n zero offroad ability like Vezel, Qashqai, Cx3, CHR etc is referred to as a SUV

true to that

to add , some SUV are performance focus, eg AUDI RSQ8 / BMW X6 M Com, which u can bring down to the track, but 99% of the general public may not know their full potential 

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

how about a hyundai tuscani? 

92CFCE6F-3E49-4B16-9B55-D61FA83D588C.thumb.png.293a0cd4a17981143db05e763744b5af.png

think qualify to join 

https://www.sportscarclub.sg/

Individuals of either gender who is 18 years old and above are eligible to apply for prestige membership.  To apply, individuals must also fulfil one of the following criteria:-

Owner of a private 2-door and 2/4 seater motor vehicle registered in their name.

so 600CC Copen can join SPORT CAR CLUB ?

Edited by TeamAMG69

(edited)

Wow didn't expect to garner so many helpful replies.
My brother is a working adult, not ASK (Hence, not a troll post during school holidays 😎)

Appreciate all the useful insights from fellow bros and sis. Hope it helps everyone as well.

He was initially interested in the WRX STI due to 3-5k lower depre than a Type R/EVO, however after factoring insurance and higher repair costs, it might as well be the same cost.

Would you rather spend 68k on a 10 year old WRX STI or 68k on a brand new Honda Jazz? (Running cost is definitely different, so is the driving experience) Hmmm...

Edited by Aventa

11 hours ago, Aventa said:

My brother is a working adult, not ASK (Hence, not a troll post during school holidays 😎)

Appreciate all the useful insights from fellow bros and sis. Hope it helps everyone as well.

He was initially interested in the WRX STI due to 3-5k lower depre than a Type R/EVO, however after factoring insurance and higher repair costs, it might as well be the same cost.

Would you rather spend 68k on a 10 year old WRX STI or 68k on a brand new Honda Jazz? (Running cost is definitely different, so is the driving experience) Hmmm...

if he has to compare a 68k COE WRX STI with a 68K new Honda Jazz, he probably can't afford the COE WRX STI maintenance costs.

Edited by Beehive3783
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Aventa said:

Bro, joke aside, I think your brother expectation of car is too wide. If he is comparing an STI to jazz. That's is not an apple to apple comparison.

If his main considering factor is depre, I will suggest he find smth nice and reliable to drive like a Mazda 3, Honda Civic or Toyota Altis. I like Elantra also. Haha.

All these cars that I mention have abundant of stuff in the market to help spruce up and make it sporty.

Those ppl who drive an STI or a type R are most likely a purist, They might not be rich, but they have the enthusiasm to maintain and mod the car to their driving pleasures.

If your bro is really just looking out for depre, he will find some of the repair so expensive, why must get such coilover, and why the fuel consumption is so bad. all these are considering factor of a "sport cars"

Good luck!

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

if he has to compare a 68k COE WRX STI with a 68K new Honda Jazz, he probably can't afford the COE WRX STI maintenance costs.

The truth hurts.  But some people need a reality check. Most probably a middle class working man who wanna drive a sports car to show off.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:24 PM, Aventa said:

Hi everyone, my brother's current car is going to the graveyard soon (Honda Civic 1.6A) and he is looking to buy a sports car (PARF/COE) car with 7-8k dep/year. 

Since I do not drive a sports car myself, I casually suggested the usual models such as Civic Type R, Subaru WRX/WRX STI, Evo 10, Toyota MRS, Mazda MX-5, Mazda RX-8. 
2/4/5-seater are fine as he does not have any children.

Fellow drivers who are driving such models can kindly advise on the maintenance or any major issues driving these cars?
Appreciate every reply! 🙂 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=882657&DL=1000

How about this?Since no children.

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Sktan10 said:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=882657&DL=1000

How about this?Since no children.

this is one of the good choice, contemplated this before but did not proceed because of practicality. This is one of the lowest CC Porsche one could find in their lineup, easy to the pocket when come to road tax renewal. The other option is the merce SLK. 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, TeamAMG69 said:

think qualify to join 

https://www.sportscarclub.sg/

Individuals of either gender who is 18 years old and above are eligible to apply for prestige membership.  To apply, individuals must also fulfil one of the following criteria:-

Owner of a private 2-door and 2/4 seater motor vehicle registered in their name.

so 600CC Copen can join SPORT CAR CLUB ?

That club is a piece of crap. 

Run (at the time, at least) by a female with a name that's reminiscent of a sweet smelling flower, the club's membership policy still stinks. 

They refused membership to my BMW M5 on the grounds that it was a 4 door car. 

But they'll accept Miatas, Tuscanis and, yes, Copens.

When I went back to a 2 door I didn't even contemplate signing up.

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 5

Be it any club, I stopped joining one after my mpv.

Everyday talk about FC and same boring issues. And the mod talked as if they were same gurus. I exited it.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

That club is a piece of crap. 

Run (at the time, at least) by a female with a name that's reminiscent of a sweet smelling flower, the club's membership policy still stinks. 

They refused membership to my BMW M5 on the grounds that it was a 4 door car. 

But they'll accept Miatas, Tuscanis and, yes, Copens.

When I went back to a 2 door I didn't even contemplate signing up.

Should consider renaming to 2 door club.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1