French police clash with firefighters during Paris protest

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

PRI_128422476.jpg.43bb74e550377074b2340e02b7c7cd9a.jpgNINTCHDBPICT000558104699.thumb.jpg.ff2bc0c7629d00eb1e899f17eaa07ee9.jpgfee19286836142eaaa7a4f1a3acf38e8.thumb.jpg.4305ee35472bf65a5daa33d95f18a3c4.jpg1580228305_935_Firefighters-and-police-fight-in-the-streets-of-Paris.jpg.a9193c11a337d05cead29d0299466a69.jpg95381423_images(8).jpeg.c3a3b3a4f0dac293e1c20c2d4b464548.jpeg

Fighting broke out between riot police and firefighters who were trying to break down security screens during anti-government protests in Paris today. 

Videos of the astonishing violence were posted online during demonstrations close to the centre of the capital.

Firefighter unions called for an increase in risk pay from 19 per cent to 28 per cent of the basic salary, as well as guarantees that their current pension plans remain in place.

“We are the last link in emergency services in France, and we are overwhelmed by calls and interventions,” Frédéric Perrin, president of the SPASDIS-CFTC union, told the news agency Agence France-Presse.

“We need more manpower and the means to respond to it, but also the guarantee that we focus mainly on our missions, the emergency, and not serve as supplements to absent health services.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2

I have heard first hand accounts of French workers.... just horrible

I will never ever hire anyone French. Their workers rights are crazy.

someone actually ask for 2 weeks leave for trauma being involved in an accident....

u know what is the involvement ? He was a witness.... siao one. All sort of weird unreasonable demands.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Wow. Can the health services refuse to help both sides' injured personnel... 

Very bad. Using their resources and skill set to fight the riot police. 

• Haha! 1

Modern France is built on revolt if you look at the 1789 revolution that toppled the monarchy. It's in their history and culture. I think their transportation strikes are the worst. I wonder how their businesses survive.

30 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Modern France is built on revolt if you look at the 1789 revolution that toppled the monarchy. It's in their history and culture. I think their transportation strikes are the worst. I wonder how their businesses survive.

There are always french cars to save the day! :D

• Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I have heard first hand accounts of French workers.... just horrible

I will never ever hire anyone French. Their workers rights are crazy.

someone actually ask for 2 weeks leave for trauma being involved in an accident....

u know what is the involvement ? He was a witness.... siao one. All sort of weird unreasonable demands.

Maybe for blue collars and unionized professions.

I worked with their professional, graduate employees in large French MNCs, and while their employment benefits are good, and they go off on time, they are just like any other professional working culture. Management still have to stay back long hours if necessary [laugh]

And they also complained to me that the rank-and-file are hard to handle because of labour laws.

18 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I worked with their professional, graduate employees in large French MNCs, and while their employment benefits are good, and they go off on time, they are just like any other professional working culture. Management still have to stay back long hours if necessary [laugh]

And they also complained to me that the rank-and-file are hard to handle because of labour laws.

French i met work through lunch or eat at desk to get things done and leave on time.

In Paris, restaurant offers good value lunch set meat (appetizer, main course & dessert) to attract customers.

42 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Marseille

43 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Dunno, But the incident is true. I mean who ask for 2 week trauma leave For being a witness to an accident. 
got people ask for leave for stress over divorce...

got people ask for leave for stress over work....

all sort of stress leave... crazy. 

18 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Marseille

Dunno, But the incident is true. I mean who ask for 2 week trauma leave For being a witness to an accident. 
got people ask for leave for stress over divorce...

got people ask for leave for stress over work....

all sort of stress leave... crazy. 

just like French cars ..... so chic ...... but always on leave at workshops

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2