2020 Fiat Tipo - Will we see this in Singapore?

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

fiat-tipo.jpg?itok=GfAmN4Jg

fiat-tipo-headlights.jpg?itok=YOk3CAP8

fiat-tipo-17in-alloy-wheels.jpg?itok=6_E

fiat-tipo-rear-spoiler.jpg?itok=bQY9OKs6

fiat-tipo-rear-lights.jpg?itok=lEBAmbjQ

fiat-tipo-interior.jpg?itok=_n2Jl7Pm

fiat-tipo-instrument-cluster.jpg?itok=sX

fiat-tipo-uconnect-infotainment.jpg?itok

fiat-tipo-rear-seats.jpg?itok=ubxWLv-A

fiat-tipo-boot-space.jpg?itok=U2Y7NcrQ

fiat-tipo-1.6-litre-diesel-engine.jpg?it

fiat-tipo-side-profile.jpg?itok=mRJ8GbSX

fiat-tipo-cornering.jpg?itok=ieAqmeHY

fiat-tipo-rear-cornering.jpg?itok=ZDrg3y

With the popularity of hatchback in Singapore, will we see the Fiat resurgence in Singapore with the Tipo?

I think the 1.4 and 1.6 is ideal for our road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Fix It Again Tony

Very generic styling and packaging. Could be an Opel, Renault, or even Suzuki form certain angles. That tiny HU looks like a joke though

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Haha! 2

Its a low-cost Turkish-built small family car to compete in the lower end of the Golf class. Was a rising star in Europe 2 years ago, but now it has faded away. Got squashed by the Dacias and Skodas.

Its a middle-of-the-road average car, not exciting or groundbreaking like the first Tipo.

• Praise 2

FIAT got no local agent right?

So unless PI brings in, it will not be here but even PI might think twice to bring this brand which has almost no presence here and also consumers unlikely to bite a brand which is non existent but then again those buyers who like to be unique may bite. 

• Praise 7

12 minutes ago, Spring said:

FIAT got no local agent right?

So unless PI brings in, it will not be here but even PI might think twice to bring this brand which has almost no presence here and also consumers unlikely to bite a brand which is non existent but then again those buyers who like to be unique may bite. 

Agreed. And any buyer who wants to be unique will buy a unique car. Not a nondescript one like this Tipo. 

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Haha. but then hor, If MG can survive Singapore market, I think Fiat also got a chance.

But they must also bring in the 124 spider. hahaha.

All along I tot TTS is still the Fiat dealership in Singapore?

• Praise 2

35 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Haha. but then hor, If MG can survive Singapore market, I think Fiat also got a chance.

But they must also bring in the 124 spider. hahaha.

All along I tot TTS is still the Fiat dealership in Singapore?

Yes they were before and also double up as PI but I don't see them advertising any FIAT cars hence I assume they not FIAT AD anymore? Also, sgcarmart list of ADs don't seem to have FIAT.

• Praise 3

The success of  a bread and butter  brand will depend on the distributorship.

Look at Kia, when the Sephia (using Mazda 323 engine) was launched in 1998 in Singapore.

Dismay sales. Distributor turned turtle before C&C took over in 2003 and launched the Picanto, Cerato and 3.5l Sportage and the rest is history.  

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

fiat-tipo-cornering.jpg?itok=ieAqmeHY

With the popularity of hatchback in Singapore, will we see the Fiat resurgence in Singapore with the Tipo?

I think the 1.4 and 1.6 is ideal for our road.

At first glance, it tells me it is a Fiat van!🤣

image.png.b6837e2b2f8cd0f73b93059648f6ecd9.png

Supercharged

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/fiat-joins-rank-of-failed-brands

PUBLISHED

JUN 25, 2016, 5:00 AM SGT

Fiat agent TTS Eurocars has thrown in the towel to join a growing list of brands which have failed to take root in Singapore.

After 11 years of holding the franchise, TTS Eurocars chief executive Jeslin Teo told The Straits Times that "it's difficult... there's no suitable model".

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

and maybe those who have driven bravo?

Those driven bravo before has already swear to god infront of me that they will never touch a Fiat again, haha😂

Edited by Sugimoto

16 hours ago, Eyke said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/fiat-joins-rank-of-failed-brands

PUBLISHED

JUN 25, 2016, 5:00 AM SGT

Fiat agent TTS Eurocars has thrown in the towel to join a growing list of brands which have failed to take root in Singapore.

After 11 years of holding the franchise, TTS Eurocars chief executive Jeslin Teo told The Straits Times that "it's difficult... there's no suitable model".

TTS failed not because there's no suitable model, but rather they are selling a 

Failure In Automotive Technology [laugh]

↡ Advertisement