Chance of Proton Revival in 🇸🇬?

RevStarZen

7 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

That’s for the current Perodua range vs the PI Fit  which Perodua indeed is losing out with no M.I.C. latest tech input though.

A different ball game altogether if the incoming new Exora vs the current Sienta if they are of similar pricing in future.

🤣...curious as to what ride was it for the disappointment on Taiwanese chick’s face...

A van la. Company van... Haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Looks like cat B mpv le. Sure over 100k

Like I said, no one will build and design their products to cater for the silly tax policies we have in SG. 

China itself doesn't have such nonsense tax structure, neither does Bolehland. And thats all it matters.

A real proactive gov should encourage tech innovation, not to penalize their citizens for choosing something high tech and fuel efficient, that high tech engines are often considered more 'pollutive' than low end old style engines 

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Like I said, no one will build and design their products to cater for the silly tax policies we have in SG. 

China itself doesn't have such nonsense tax structure, neither does Bolehland. And thats all it matters.

A real proactive gov should encourage tech innovation, not to penalize their citizens for choosing something high tech and fuel efficient, that high tech engines are often considered more 'pollutive' than low end old style engines 

Our government earn so much from each car sold. Which countries can do that?

Coe, gst, arf, Parf ++ all these add up is already few times more the cost of a car

16 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Local market is too small. Don't bother and there is also the uphill task of reinventing the brand image. 

Sell the x50 cheap sub 90k, I buy! Can even smoke the BMW. 

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, shawndeee1 said:

There might be this slight chance of Proton making a comeback to 🇸🇬 due to Geely’s advice?

Proton did secure license to sell the rebadged 3 Geely models in Singapore back in 2018. I think it's a matter of whether anyone intends to distribute Proton here. I recall the last distributor was TTS? 

Edited by Thecarboy302
  • Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Local market is too small. Don't bother and there is also the uphill task of reinventing the brand image. 

🤔...reinventing maybe more easier than introducing an all new brand like the 🇨🇳 made MG and it had since sold well with it’s pricing and equipments.

Would the X70 stand a chance if it were to be pegged at similar pricing as the MG HS?🤔

Hypersonic
(edited)

Time for Proton to come back with this as a Proton S50.

:D

Look at the tech on it.

Edited by Jamesc

7 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Time for Proton to come back with this as a Proton S50.

:D

Look at the tech on it.

I think after Geely bought over. Proton's products will get updated and keep up with time. Before that, they are just aging products, facelifts after facelifts. BUT now Proton come back to SG, wrong timing because of COE.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, camrysfe said:

Just rode in a x50, quite bumpy for passenger. Feel like vomiting after some traffic jam as a passenger 

So i cannot ride in a x50 liao, cause i sure vomit and trigger my motion sickness. 🤮

But it is the driver driving problem or really it is the car problem?

10 hours ago, camrysfe said:

Just rode in a x50, quite bumpy for passenger. Feel like vomiting after some traffic jam as a passenger 

Sat in X70. Quite comfy le

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

So i cannot ride in a x50 liao, cause i sure vomit and trigger my motion sickness. 🤮

But it is the driver driving problem or really it is the car problem?

It isn't difficult to test your hypothesis.

Test drive the *all new X50* at your nearest proton showroom today.

😆

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1