Chance of Proton Revival in 🇸🇬?

RevStarZen

38 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Proton can only survive in Msia because of local car tax breaks.

With Proton you hear all the excuses. We are a small company, we have a small local market, we don't have economies of scale, R&D cost a lot of money.

The excuse you never hear is we have lousy managers and lazy workers and we don't know what quality control is.

I always like to hear hard truths. I miss it.

:grin:

With Geely collaboration nowadays-things at Proton is changing and it seemed that Geely has more say then their previous collaborative-partners-Mitsubishi and Citroen...

We shall see if it indeed will appear in 🇸🇬...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If Proton comes to Singapore they should not try to fight with their higher end models.

They should just bring in Proton Saga base model manual and auto as it has a RM 10k lower price than Bezza X.

If people buy Proton its because of price and cheap parts and service in JB.

Fight to your strengths.

:D

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

If Proton comes to Singapore they should not try to fight with their higher end models.

They should just bring in Proton Saga base model manual and auto as it has a RM 10k lower price than Bezza X.

Fight to your strengths.

If Proton is making a comeback to 🇸🇬, I foresee they will showcase their new collaboration with Geely’s tech advancements and if they price their X70 right and cheaper den MG’s HS which is also coincidentally a M.I.C. car as well-Proton might have a winner...😉

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Fight to your strengths.

arttage already corner the cheap market liao...

• Haha! 2

https://paultan.org/2020/02/01/proton-x70-ckd-7-speed-wet-dct-more-efficient-than-vw-dsgs-350k-km-lifetime-meets-volvo-standards/

And they said PRC will never be able to overtake the ang moh...

Only the X70 and the upcoming X50 are worth the trouble. The rest are still awful ex Proton products that doesnt make sense in SG crazy car prices climate

I also read Geely may use their own badges for export markets instead of using Proton. Evidently the word Geely carries more street creed than Proton. 

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Xiaobai888 said:

Since a considerable portion of the price (i.e. COE) is a constant, Proton might have a hard time to acquire the market in S'pore. Anyway, the market in S'pore is not that interesting as well. If they can focus and sell averagely in bigger countries, the results would be more fruitful. 

In Malaysia , the Malaysia cars r like half the price of a Toyota or honda cars. This make it attractive 

But in sg , the diff is not that much

• Praise 1

But for cat A 7 seaters , station wagon, etc still limited choices in sg. Thus if they can bring in such model at cheaper price n better specs or features, I believe they can attract certain group of buyers

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Kia7200 said:

But for cat A 7 seaters , station wagon, etc still limited choices in sg. Thus if they can bring in such model at cheaper price n better specs or features, I believe they can attract certain group of buyers

Perodua Aruz should fit this category well.

Nothing in Proton stable now.

8 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Both X70 and X50 are well into Cat B bro. China doesnt believe nor see the need to subscribe to our 130hp, 1.6L limit just to cater for our tiny market... which, if past experience were to go buy... sells a grand total of 1 Proton per year during their final heydays in SG

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Perodua Aruz should fit this category well.

Nothing in Proton stable now.

Thats an even larger Avanza... It will drive like one... and with just 1.5L engine to pull it ard... Do consider carefully

https://youtu.be/vpOibfShjKM

Edited by Cheefarn

I am thinking the opposite, Proton if wants to come to SG, they should bring only the high end ones from Geely. Competing on overall package (Spec + price), and not just the price. 

The price cannot anyhow go lower and lower, not possible in Singapore when given that every car pays the same big amount for COE and all car vendors incur high cost for manpower and showroom. 

23 minutes ago, minion said:

I am thinking the opposite, Proton if wants to come to SG, they should bring only the high end ones from Geely. Competing on overall package (Spec + price), and not just the price. 

The price cannot anyhow go lower and lower, not possible in Singapore when given that every car pays the same big amount for COE and all car vendors incur high cost for manpower and showroom. 

Seriously Proton prices are NOT cheap once they leave the protection of bolehland gov. 

It appeared cheap only becos their gov tax all other brands heavily. Once Proton is on a level playing field as the rest of the brands we have in SG, their price competitiveness simply vanished

I still rem the CMI Proton Preve costing more than the Forte of that era in SG.  

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Proton can only survive in Msia because of local car tax breaks.

With Proton you hear all the excuses. We are a small company, we have a small local market, we don't have economies of scale, R&D cost a lot of money.

The excuse you never hear is we have lousy managers and lazy workers and we don't know what quality control is.

I always like to hear hard truths. I miss it.

:grin:

Pop quiz: What are the similarities between Big Foot, Loch Ness and a good quality Proton?

All are mythical creatures.

• Haha! 2

47 minutes ago, Soya said:

Pop quiz: What are the similarities between Big Foot, Loch Ness and a good quality Proton?

All are mythical creatures.

For quite a few years, Proton can't even solve their power windows issue. 

↡ Advertisement