Chance of Proton Revival in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬?

RevStarZen

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Perodua Aruz should fit this category well.

Nothing in Proton stable now.

Went batam recently, I sit in several smaller 7 seaters . Not bad la

↑ Advertisement

20 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Went batam recently, I sit in several smaller 7 seaters . Not bad la

There are only a few within ASEAN mkt:

1. Toyota Rush/Perodua Aruz

2. Mitsubishi xpander

3. Nissan Livina

4. Honda BRV

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

2. Mitsubishi xpander

3. Nissan Livina

4. Honda BRV

A pity those mentioned are perhaps not Euro 6 compliant rides which might be 1 of the reason they aren’t brought into πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬β€˜s market.

Borneo MotorsΒ did have the Avanza available locally for a short peroid of time before it was discontinued due to poor sales as compared to the wish then.

• Praise 1

The X70 is a surprisingly impressive car.Β  Solid build quality, plenty of great technology inside and excellent interior materials.Β 

Frankly, cover the badge and put it next to the XTrail and the CRV, and it more than holds its own in a lot of ways.Β 

If its priced right, and people give it a chance, I think it has the potential to reposition Proton in a big way.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, RevStarZen said:

A pity those mentioned are perhaps not Euro 6 compliant rides which might be 1 of the reason they aren’t brought into πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬β€˜s market.

Borneo MotorsΒ did have the Avanza available locally for a short peroid of time before it was discontinued due to poor sales as compared to the wish then.

They price the avanza ridiculously high.Β  Till now they still never learn their lessonΒ 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

They price the avanza ridiculously high.Β  Till now they still never learn their lessonΒ 

Borneo won’t as long as high profit is involved and that Toyota badge is a magnet for conservative general car buying public whom mostly listen to β€œhearsays”...

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

2. Mitsubishi xpander

3. Nissan Livina

4. Honda BRV

Daihastu terio 7 seaters

Β 

Those r old models but I find its suitable for bigger family who travel shorter distance. Which is very suitable for Singapore Market. Low road taxΒ 

Currently only have sienta n freed

Both r from 85k to over 100k. Thus if proton can come out 7seater mod with decent fc plus selling around 70k. Then I think many ppl will be interested

Β 

Β 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

Daihastu terio 7 seaters

Β 

Those r old models but I find its suitable for bigger family who travel shorter distance. Which is very suitable for Singapore Market. Low road taxΒ 

Currently only have sienta n freed

Both r from 85k to over 100k. Thus if proton can come out 7seater mod with decent fc plus selling around 70k. Then I think many ppl will be interested

Β 

Β 

This might be the answer for Proton’s next 7 seater to arrive in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ If it ever makes it here-a badge engineered Geely, however I doubt pricing will be aroundΒ 70K but will be comparable to current Sienta’s pricing-which would u choose?

https://paultan.org/2019/06/03/first-look-2019-geely-jiaji-next-proton-mpv/

Edited by RevStarZen
Updated URL link

3 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

This might be the answer for Proton’s next 7 seater to arrive in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ If it ever makes it here-a badge engineered Geely, however I doubt pricing will be aroundΒ 70K but will be comparable to current Sienta’s pricing-which would u choose?

https://paultan.org/2018/09/26/geely-teases-its-first-mpv-ahead-of-official-debut/

This is the problem that Malaysia or china car marker need to consider.

If the jap brand car price is abt the same or few k diff, then most buyers will definitely choose Jap cars.Β 

Β 

U see myvi n bezza, good example. They r selling abt 60k plus. I rather top up few k n get fit .Β 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

This is the problem that Malaysia or china car marker need to consider.

If the jap brand car price is abt the same or few k diff, then most buyers will definitely choose Jap cars.Β 

Β 

U see myvi n bezza, good example. They r selling abt 60k plus. I rather top up few k n get fit .Β 

Most majority car buying public are brand conscious in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ especially when car prices in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ are the most expensive in the world.

Sad that even the most bare boned datedΒ basic Fit can attract more intrestΒ than equipments-loaded MyVis and Bezzas.

This is the sad truth of the majority car buying public here...

• Praise 1

Just now, RevStarZen said:

Most majority car buying public are brand conscious in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ especially when car prices in πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ are the most expensive in the world.

Sad that even the most bare boned datedΒ basic Fit can attract more intrestΒ than equipments-loaded MyVis and Bezzas.

This is the sad truth of the majority car buying public here...

Pi fit come with lots of feature but no keyless la. The interior space also quite spacious n design also quite sporty.

If I'm a buyer, I will choose fit. Can easily find spare parts n accessories from tb. If u mod, also can look quite sporty. Bezza n myvi if u drive in sg, ppl will mistaken u as malaysian.

The car u drive will give ppl the first impression of u. So it's very important if u r a businessman or guy looking for partner.

Many yrs ago, I ever experience this crap with I brought a Taiwanese chick to a carpark to collect my car, I can see her disappointment on her face. Lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

Pi fit come with lots of feature but no keyless la. The interior space also quite spacious n design also quite sporty.

If I'm a buyer, I will choose fit. Can easily find spare parts n accessories from tb. If u mod, also can look quite sporty. Bezza n myvi if u drive in sg, ppl will mistaken u as malaysian.

The car u drive will give ppl the first impression of u. So it's very important if u r a businessman or guy looking for partner.

Many yrs ago, I ever experience this crap with I brought a Taiwanese chick to a carpark to collect my car, I can see her disappointment on her face. Lol

That’s for the current Perodua range vs the PI Fit Β which Perodua indeed is losing out with no M.I.C. latest tech input though.

A different ball game altogether if the incoming new Exora vs the current Sienta if they are of similar pricing in future.

🀣...curious as toΒ what rideΒ was it for the disappointment on Taiwanese chick’s face...

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Myvi 1.3 X $66,999

PI Fit 1.3 G $66,988

which will people choose?

:grin:

Perodua’s current range still do not have latest M.I.C.’s input in order to compete.

However-If the current Sienta and the future Exora aka rebadged Geely are selling at similar pricing-I would chooseΒ the latter anytime.πŸ˜‰

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

U mean the Innova?

Nope. Innova is based on the Hilux platform and it drives and ride like one also. The Hilux platform also spawns the Fortuner, which is arguably the best iteration among the platform... but the pricing is just ridiculous in SG, and we cannot have the 2.4L CRDi in SG.. The petrol 2.7L is really weak and ancient in design.Β 

You pay over $170k for a dino drivetrain with no Toyota Sense suite and a ladder frame chassis.Β 

Innova just like the Avanza are designed for 3rd world countries where customers value simplicity and ease of maint. They are not expected to be expensive vehicles to buy... can't say the same in SG.Β 

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

https://paultan.org/2019/06/03/first-look-2019-geely-jiaji-next-proton-mpv/

Extracted the youtube clip here for easy reference.

Β 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

That’s for the current Perodua range vs the PI Fit Β which Perodua indeed is losing out with no M.I.C. latest tech input though.

A different ball game altogether if the incoming new Exora vs the current Sienta if they are of similar pricing in future.

🀣...curious as toΒ what rideΒ was it for the disappointment on Taiwanese chick’s face...

This kind of girls... can forget about it la. Bet she doesn't even have a car in Taiwan...

Well Perodua will offer the new Toyota Raize/Daihatsu Rocky very soon. It will be labelled as the new Kembara.Β 

↑ Advertisement