Anyone have invested in SSB?

Internal Moderator

Singapore-Savings-Bond-Logo.jpg

Earn up to 1.71% p.a. with a minimum $500 in Feb 2020‘s Singapore Savings Bond

Investment amount

Minimum per bond: $500

Maximum per bond: NONE

Maximum individual holding: $200,000

A safe and flexible way to save for the long term. Savings Bonds are a special type of Singapore Government Securities that is suitable for individuals. Your principal investment and interest payments are backed by the full faith and credit of the Singapore Government.

You will always get your principal back when investing in Savings Bonds. Once a Savings Bond is issued, interest rate changes will have no effect on the bond’s value.

They complement other savings and investments as a safe way to save for the long term.

Safe – Savings Bonds are fully backed by the Singapore Government. In addition, you can always get your investment amount back in full with no capital losses.

Long-term – Invest for up to ten years, with interest that increases over time. The longer you save, the higher your return.

Flexible – Or, choose to exit your investment in any given month, with no penalties. There is no need to decide on a specific investment period at the start

Interest Rates

image.png.9b3a174e0cd8e2a9e52ec5304ebcf0c4.png

*At the end of each year, on a compounded basis.

1*P2pIJGEbyjoRPwIEZ-PN7g.jpeg

Does anyone have invested in SSB and what is your sentiments to this type of investment?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Investment amount

A safe and flexible way to save for the long term. Savings Bonds are a special type of Singapore Government Securities that is suitable for individuals. Your principal investment and interest payments are backed by the full faith and credit of the Singapore Government.

You will always get your principal back when investing in Savings Bonds. Once a Savings Bond is issued, interest rate changes will have no effect on the bond’s value.

They complement other savings and investments as a safe way to save for the long term.

Safe – Savings Bonds are fully backed by the Singapore Government. In addition, you can always get your investment amount back in full with no capital losses.

Long-term – Invest for up to ten years, with interest that increases over time. The longer you save, the higher your return.

Flexible – Or, choose to exit your investment in any given month, with no penalties. There is no need to decide on a specific investment period at the start

Interest Rates

If PAP no more how?

PSP will gostan balik or not?

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

8 minutes ago, Freeder said:

If PAP no more how?

PSP will gostan balik or not?

PAP won't disappear suddenly. It is more likely we see them losing GRC seats, but in a gradual manner.

If we start to see that happening, then quickly pull out the money.

Should have more than enough time to react

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

PAP won't disappear suddenly. It is more likely we see them losing GRC seats, but in a gradual manner.

If we start to see that happening, then quickly pull out the money.

Should have more than enough time to react

Let’s hope so...

AMTF🙏🏻🙇‍♀

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged

the holding period is far too long.. 10 years.. prefer something more liquid

interest is unattractive..

in fact, if you follow some banks, some are offering similar interest rate. 

formally, the best is Maxigain but since they had revised the interest rate, many like myself, had cash out.

the current popular ones are maybank, while myself, prefer standard chartered.

• Praise 4

reckon this SSB is a good way out for SRS 'cos the big 4 banks whom are participating in the SRS accounts  scheme give pathetic FD rates and one cannot place with say for example CIMB or Maybank or BOC which are giving near or even higher than SSB; ANyways for SRS monies cannot be realised until like age 62 currently; so long term its fine, i reckon for SRS people to move to SSB ; of course one can punt on SGX counters too for much higher returns , or ........losses too if you don't know the market well    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

reckon this SSB is a good way out for SRS 'cos the big 4 banks whom are participating in the SRS accounts  scheme give pathetic FD rates and one cannot place with say for example CIMB or Maybank or BOC which are giving near or even higher than SSB; ANyways for SRS monies cannot be realised until like age 62 currently; so long term its fine, i reckon for SRS people to move to SSB ; of course one can punt on SGX counters too for much higher returns , or ........losses too if you don't know the market well    

Assisted my dad to put his retirement savings in SSB as he is risk averse. The SSB rates then (2018) weren't fantastic but look attractive in the present day. He is happily collecting dividends in April and Oct annually. To each his own. 

IMG-20200204-WA0004.jpg

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Kurty said:

the holding period is far too long.. 10 years.. prefer something more liquid

interest is unattractive..

in fact, if you follow some banks, some are offering similar interest rate. 

formally, the best is Maxigain but since they had revised the interest rate, many like myself, had cash out.

the current popular ones are maybank, while myself, prefer standard chartered.

It is liquid.

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, BanCoe said:

ahhhh....... this topic @Angcheek is the residential eggspert in monies :grin: 

1.7% ... and stuck for 10yrs ???? They think we still live in the 60s ?😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Hahah. I start of the 30s only. This plan for me one lah. hahahha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahah. I start of the 30s only. This plan for me one lah. hahahha.

THis plan really waste time ....... please use your money in Massage parlours or go Genting better 😁 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

THis plan really waste time ....... please use your money in Massage parlours or go Genting better 😁 

Haha. Yes sir! right away! I buy N95 and sell also!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

Unker .... 10 years belly fast lah, like COE lah! :grin: Buy SSB  akin to COE (changing to new car)    .... but I know some people change car once its time to change the tyres 😅🤣 

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

Previously, the rate was 2.++% Now it is so miserable @1.7%. One thing good is that interest is credited into your account regularly.

Now I would rather go for TD at one of the banks.

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Investment amount

Interest Rates

Now, not very attractive lor, I last bought in 2018, ave about 2.63% lor.  And now, these days, the first 5 years is flat interest rate. At this rate, might as well put FD with DBS at 1.4%.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1