Anyone have invested in SSB?

7 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

Ya laa, it is a trend thing ma ...... I have SSB that have 2.6% ave over 10 years ma(2018). Now SSB not trendy lor.  Then look to FD or Stocks lor.  I keep a tiny portfolio of bonds, FD, and stocks.

Like yesterday, COMFORT ....... overkey trade lor, 3X more. OCBC network screwup.  It is not until almost 11am then I realised I bought 3X more comfort and trade happened at 9.07am wor.

Eat some MSW yesterday.

BTW, CIMB got ONLY 1 BRANCH in SG ah ....... somemore in Orchick Road ah ??

Do they adjust the SSB int  according to the current market even u placed it in 2018

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

45 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Do they adjust the SSB int  according to the current market even u placed it in 2018

Oh ..... SSB is a form of contract lending by especially a govt lor.

The interest payment is determined and in this case locked for 10 years with payment every 6 months.

image.png.f29e0bc800d4612c55561ad80957ab7d.png

Like above pa, it is graded over the years, first year is 1.75% until the 10th year is 3.41% lor. So ave. yield is 2.63% pa for a 10years cycle.  That year is a good year to buy SSB or any SG Bond.

This one I bought is  SBJUL18 GX18070N  lor.

And the bond is so called graded and bundle with other SG bonds.  If govt default payment, it also auto trigger default in other issue.  So the payment of interest is ON THE DOT one .....like this case every July 1st and Jan 1st ....... WITHOUT FAIL.

Currently, due to 100B stimulus, the interest is super depressed at 0.3% for the first 3 years 10years ave is 0.8%.  I think need to wait a few years before the flooded monetary policy market is fully mopped up lor. 

So now is actually buy asset lor ....... like stocks, gold???!!!! ..... 

One should balanced with a portfolio of CASH, Stocks,Bonds and FD lor ...... Investment Asset OK ...... a Car is an Asset but not an Investment Asset hor. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

No. Currently I am trading Forex at FreshForex but anyway I am much more interested to know about SSB so it would be great if you please clarify more for me. 

3 hours ago, Farabi said:

No. Currently I am trading Forex at FreshForex but anyway I am much more interested to know about SSB so it would be great if you please clarify more for me. 

Muayhahahahahahaha,

oh oh, what fresh forex ah? Wow, you trader ah, can teach me boh?

you trade Forex, sure make a lot, driving Mclaren?  No need SSB lah, come on! Chey!