Woman sues company after she won a Toyota that turned out to be a toy Yoda

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

source: https://me.mashable.com/culture/8976/woman-sues-company-after-she-won-a-toyota-that-turned-out-to-be-a-toy-yoda

toy-yoda-toyota-hooters-prank-gone-wrong

The force is... not that strong with this one.

26-year-old Jodee Berry worked at a popular restaurant in the US, Hooters. In order to drum up some competition between the staff, managers decided to start a competition to see who could sell the most beer in a month. The winner to receive a new Toyota. Jodee won the competition, out-selling her coworkers.

To claim her prize, Jodee was blindfolded and led to the restaurant’s parking lot. But, when the blindfold was removed, Jodee was devastated to find that the prize was, in fact, not a Toyota automobile but rather a toy Yoda, a Star Wars doll.

toy-yoda-toyota-hooters-prank-gone-wrong

Jodee quit her job and decided to sue her former employers, for fraudulent misrepresentation. She won and the suit was settled for an undisclosed amount of money, however, one of the lawyers in the case said the amount could easily have her head to the car dealership to “pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants.”

778eebe5bfa97160d57898e8794fcc09fa4933f6

Why you don't want me. 😥

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 12

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Jodee quit her job and decided to sue her former employers, for fraudulent misrepresentation. She won and the suit was settled for an undisclosed amount of money, however, one of the lawyers in the case said the amount could easily have her head to the car dealership to “pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants.”

good choice of taking the cash, i can do with whatever i want to do with it!

14 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Given a couple of years, probably the value of this toy (esp limited edition) can outprice a b&b toyota..🤑

I'm sure she kept that too. 

By the way it's a true story. I snope-d it. Company claimed it was an April Fool's joke. Well, joke was on them. 

I actually support the woman. She must've worked damn hard to win. Companies that play pranks like this massively demotivate employees rather than incentivising them.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I'm sure she kept that too. 

By the way it's a true story. I snope-d it. Company claimed it was an April Fool's joke. Well, joke was on them. 

I actually support the woman. She must've worked damn hard to win. Companies that play pranks like this massively demotivate employees rather than incentivising them.

Only in US probably the girl can try a lawsuit...but if this were to take place in singapore, the courts may find for the company instead...they will prob rule that a reasonable bystander will feel that the fair and just reward for selling beers is fittingly, just a toy..and not a car...nothing more...

Edited by Kyrios

8 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Only in US probably the girl can try a lawsuit...but if this were to take place in singapore, the courts may find for the company instead...they will prob rule that a reasonable bystander will feel that the fair and just reward for selling beers is fittingly, just a toy..and not a car...nothing more...

Well, this place is full of sh*t, so... 

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Next time i say reward NISSAN, then actually I give NISSIN...[:p][laugh][laugh]

Ya....

When someone comes to claim reward, just say Mis-spelled"

Win a Truck of Nissin noodles not Truck of Nissan .... :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2