Passenger plane almost hit by anti-aircraft fire in Syria

pi3142

Airbus 320 operated by Cham Wing Airlines carrying 176 passengers flying from Najaf, Iraq to Damascus, Syria had to make an emergency landing at Khmeimim air base in Syria.

From BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51411860

According to a statement quoted by Russian media, the plane was about to land in Damascus when Syrian anti-aircraft fire responded to an alleged Israeli attack early on Thursday.

Flightpath of the plane from Najaf (right of pic) to Damascus , divert back and then north.

6Q514.jpg?resize=706,358&ssl=1

Note: SIA does not overfly Syria.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/sia-does-not-overfly-syria-while-cathay-pacific-re-routes-flights-to-avoid

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

Those airlines still dont learn the lesson, is it?

What a stupid airline.

These are middle eastern regional airlines. The "warzone" is their origin and destination, no need to talk about re-routing or stop over-flying. What can they do? Those pilots that need to do this job every day are definitely very brave!

• Praise 2

I suspect their AA is use human eye power to see the planes, just like our SADA units last time.  

If the soldier see wrongly, jialat liao.

5 hours ago, Jusnel said:

I suspect their AA is use human eye power to see the planes, just like our SADA units last time.  

If the soldier see wrongly, jialat liao.

I thought the problem is mainly due to supplying these advanced russian weapon systems to "peasant" grade arab armies. Everything set to auto mode. Just press big red button to launch.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I thought the problem is mainly due to supplying these advanced russian weapon systems to "peasant" grade arab armies. Everything set to auto mode. Just press big red button to launch.

we never know how 'advanced' are those russian systems.  Can be still using MSDOS system, for all we know.

NK also claimed their systems are v advanced.............

↡ Advertisement