To deter red-light running, 12 more red-light cameras will be installed by March 2020.

kobayashiGT

49 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Why so le? 😂

This is so,...

to slow down overall car speed.

LTA doesn't want cars moving fast. They want to see them nicely collected at red light boxes everywhere.

By their logic speed kills, speed = accident.

So it's better to have majority of cars crawling around on the roads.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

Why so le? 😂

That's  mean other side going to turn green soon. That's what I also do. Just need a glace.  

Most pedestrian light had count down.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

anyone still got the TP link to the speedtrap locations? used to be able to see the list on the previous webpage before the revamped, can't find it anymore.

30 minutes ago, Samurades said:

Anyone knows if the cctv camera at junctions can catch people beating red light? I am losing my sleep

Yes they can.  But unless they were wired to flash and take a picture when you beat the red light, it is unlikely that the red light beater will get caught unless the officer was watching the cctv at that time or just playing back to review and found it out.

So unlikely but within the realm of possible. 

And dont forget while you worry about the CCTV, the killer evidence might actually be footage from the car camera of a car behind you....

• Haha! 1

19 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Yes they can.  But unless they were wired to flash and take a picture when you beat the red light, it is unlikely that the red light beater will get caught unless the officer was watching the cctv at that time or just playing back to review and found it out.

So unlikely but within the realm of possible. 

And dont forget while you worry about the CCTV, the killer evidence might actually be footage from the car camera of a car behind you....

Okay thanks man its just that i tried to beat the amber light and was too late and don't want to jam brake in case car behind could not stop in time. Do you know how long to know if I receive the summons or how long to know till I am safe?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Samurades said:

Okay thanks man its just that i tried to beat the amber light and was too late and don't want to jam brake in case car behind could not stop in time. Do you know how long to know if I receive the summons or how long to know till I am safe?

Cant tell you for sure.  Cos I have never been caught for beating red light camera.

I was caught for speeding once but the letter came a month later and only a warning so I cant say if that is the norm.

You can check spf website 

https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/enquiry/status-of-oto-payment-of-fines-singpass.html

Edited by Philipkee

1 hour ago, Samurades said:

Can be up to 6 mths or 1 year. Govt very busy now you know. Technically they can send you notice 6 years 11 months and 29 days from the date of your offence. 

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, goldennugget said:

should also consider upping the penalty for beating red light. been seeing alot of drivers beat red light on fb recently

Should take action instead of increasing the fine. Increase $1000 more also will not have any impact on the streets if no action taken on reckless driving.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, goldennugget said:

should also consider upping the penalty for beating red light. been seeing alot of drivers beat red light on fb recently

12 points, $400 penalty still not heavy enough?

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

Should take action instead of increasing the fine. Increase $1000 more also will not have any impact on the streets if no action taken on reckless driving.

Let me suggest. . .

Revoke them from driving for a month. They must go back and take "offender BTT" test then can take back the license. haha. 100 question instead of 50.

My understanding is some people (Like myself) super scared of exam one. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

if it were heavy enough you would see less of it on the roads.. even motorcyclists sometimes move off before the light turns green

(edited)
17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Penalty is heavy .. but what is the assurance that drivers will not drive after hitting 24-points? Usually after kena accident then only they realize that the guy has no license, or suspended, or no roadtax, or no insurance, etc

Edited by Count_duku

On 4/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, Volvobrick said:

Can be up to 6 mths or 1 year. Govt very busy now you know. Technically they can send you notice 6 years 11 months and 29 days from the date of your offence. 

Where got so long. I just kena. Within 4 days after furnishing my details, summon came. Super sien. $400 and 12 points. Most du lan part, i dun even know how the fark I kena. Its at the junction of Marymount and Shunfu towards Marymount Convent. I see no cams. Must be some idiots baoto!

54 minutes ago, Achtung said:

Where got so long. I just kena. Within 4 days after furnishing my details, summon came. Super sien. $400 and 12 points. Most du lan part, i dun even know how the fark I kena. Its at the junction of Marymount and Shunfu towards Marymount Convent. I see no cams. Must be some idiots baoto!

the car cam behind.

nowsaday very common.

59 minutes ago, Achtung said:

If you chiong red lights and got caught/reported, just take it like a man. It's idiots that chiong red lights and endanger others, not the one reporting. No sympathy here for law breakers, especially those who rant.

47 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

If you chiong red lights and got caught/reported, just take it like a man. It's idiots that chiong red lights and endanger others, not the one reporting. No sympathy here for law breakers, especially those who rant.

I paid up. Suspect my view was blocked by a truck. This is akin to the first time a virgin visits a prostitude. I have an unblemished record for 31 years, this my first and I got an ang pao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2