What are lubricant standards?

Motul_SG

There is no doubt that Motul is one of the best engine oil money can buy. 

Tried several brands, included the branded ones which carry a heavy premium in price and eventually settled on Motul H-Tech 100 Plus.

Engine remains smooth through the 10,000km oil change intervals with significant improvement in fuel economy, unlike some others which caused the engine to feel rough after a mere 5,000km. 

4 hours ago, Vinceng said:

There is no doubt that Motul is one of the best engine oil money can buy. 

Tried several brands, included the branded ones which carry a heavy premium in price and eventually settled on Motul H-Tech 100 Plus.

Engine remains smooth through the 10,000km oil change intervals with significant improvement in fuel economy, unlike some others which caused the engine to feel rough after a mere 5,000km. 

Wow...must praise the oil until like that?

On 2/11/2020 at 4:19 PM, Motul_SG said:

don't agree, there are many oils that I used that are better than motul

their v300 is now race formula purely only good for 2-3k

their regular synth nothing to shout about and I distinctively remembered that many years back it used to butt dyno wise feel better

super high price and nowadays their oil is made in Vietnam. 

u working for motul ? 

Many good oils around redline amsoil mobil 1

especially if you are bread and butter regular car you just need an api certified oil. warning to bros don't trust the certification. some are fake, go to api website to confirm if the oil u are buying is api certified. 

carlube cheap and good for regular cars 

for me motul prices I have many options at lower price range. 

Used motul, totachi, nitchitoyo and mobil 1 (first time using). Can't really feel much difference between them, backside numb. All good for BnB cars. Car always feel smoother when just complete servicing. All are able to lasted the intended mileage but there's a tendency to want to change at a longer interval for more expensive oil and the opposite for cheaper oil.