What does it take to have a cafe business

Jusnel

Successful restaurants are likely operating with a single digit % profit margin. Bjorn shen was interviewed before. And today's article. Big chains have central kitchen cost efficiency. 

I'm not sure about the cafe subcategory but unlikely to differ much. I hardly ever go cafes. But my friends who go go either for good coffee or to relax on wkends. 

U really got to have passion and be very savvy in f&b business here. Just too many f&b choices nowadays. 

Screenshot_20200213-205323_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Franchise fee, rental and inventories alone is about $200,000 to $250,000. 

Must open 24x7, 365 days a year, owner must be hands on and not just employ some one to run the shop (Written in the contract).

First 6 months prepare to sleep in the store. You go figure out better or not. But so far I understand can make money.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Nope. All the fees add up is only 70k for 7 11

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

you can read properly or not? 

and yah after you pay the 70K fees, they give you a 7-11 signboard, you go set it up in the middle of the road and sell nothing....[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

• Haha! 6

4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

you can read properly or not? 

and yah after you pay the 70K fees, they give you a 7-11 signboard, you go set it up in the middle of the road and sell nothing....[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Tiagong this type of chains quite bad de... Once your store revenues exceed a certain level, they will open another franchise store nearby.

😱

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Tiagong this type of chains quite bad de... Once your store revenues exceed a certain level, they will open another franchise store nearby.

😱

my understanding is 7-11 has a territory protection of I think is 1.5km or 2km diameter for their franchise  (I cannot remember the exact distance liao), which means within that distance they wont set up another 7-11. So you will never find another 7-11 next door or 2 blocks away. 

But the distance apart is not exactly very far, so some areas you can actually find a few 7-11s nearby, but cfm is not within the so call territory protection distance. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

17 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Wife made this 上海生煎包。Learn from web.

mmexport1581604849625.jpg

mmexport1581604862391.jpg

wanted to post at makan thread is it? kan salah place liao... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Depends on location of the outlet ...

u damned chee toad ....

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Silverkris said:

I will say go for it to chase your dreams......

But my cousin finally gave up the idea of opening a cafe in Singapore due to:

1. High rental charges (and the trend in Singapore is that if your business is well, expect rental to go even higher very soon)

2. Short of manpower 

3. Cannot charge premium as competition is tough

But she did went to perth to chase her dreams there and is doing well.

What she doing in Perth?

Cafe also? 

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

wanted to post at makan thread is it? kan salah place liao... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

And later he wonder why the likes for this delicious looking pictures so few. 😀

• Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I think @Tohto wants to start a 上海生煎包 cafe...

Testing market now........👍

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

9 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Opss.

Maybe I open a 上海生煎包 cafe :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

yeah, Franchises are tough too. They only make it less tough for newbies, but still tough. My friend got a Subway franchise and it did not do well. Dunno still operating or not

10 years ago, I asked about KUMON franchise. Wah piang, 50/50 on revenue. Gave up the idea. 

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Othello said:

yeah, Franchises are tough too. They only make it less tough for newbies, but still tough. My friend got a Subway franchise and it did not do well. Dunno still operating or not

10 years ago, I asked about KUMON franchise. Wah piang, 50/50 on revenue. Gave up the idea. 

If u use the word montessori in your childcare. Is that licenced? 

57 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Opss.

Maybe I open a 上海生煎包 cafe :yeah-im-not-drunk:

with the numbers of PRC in SG, product acceptance, and price, I think your 上海生煎包 cafe stands a better chance than a standard ang moh kopi and cake cafe here.[thumbsup][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

If u use the word montessori in your childcare. Is that licenced? 

AFAIK, nope. People usually look at the principal's and/or teachers credentials. Must have Montessori cert lah 

↡ Advertisement