SingPost Gets Cursed At By Angry Facebook User, Group Comms Chief Steps Up & Puts Him In His Place

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

SingPost-Gets-Cursed-At-By-Unkind-Facebo

SingPost Gets Cursed At By Angry Facebook User, Group Comms Chief Steps Up & Puts Him In His Place

source: https://mustsharenews.com/singpost-robin-facebook/

SingPost Comms Chief Sends Long Sassy Reply After Angry Facebook User Curses Them With Covid-19

You would think that people would know well enough not to act badly online these days. I mean, everyone knows that anything on the Internet is there forever, right?

Apparently not, which is why we’re here. To commemorate the sheer ugliness of one commenter, and to revel in the wittiness of the sharp response he attracted.

Unhappy SingPost customer wishes ill upon company workers

The antagonist of our story today, one Keiv Kuan, posted the following comment on SingPost’s Facebook page.

photo6203922698652985715-copy-1.jpg

In his angry comment, seemingly brought on by non-delivery of his package, he wrote:

I wish that you and your staffs in Singpost are all infected by Coronavirus or died on the road .. as that would make me believe that the delivery (which has been re-arranged and promised 3x times ) is actually unsuccessful !! #gotohell

We here at MS News don’t really get it either. There’s just something about the vitriol and toadish hatefulness that’s preventing us from understanding him.

SingPost officer gives long explanation, with a hint of sass

Sorry bud, you’re going to the shadow realm, as it didn’t take long for Keiv to get the attention he so obviously wanted.

photo6203922698652985715.jpg

Robin Goh, the Group Chief Brand & Communications Officer of SingPost, responded on the organisation’s behalf to Keiv’s little tantrum.

For those of you who can’t read the screenshot, allow me to gleefully recount some of the highlights of Robin’s reply:

For the first time, I was truly hoping that my delivery staff made such a grave (yes, pun fully intended) mistake, to perhaps justify such a condemnation; that during this difficult time of an international health crisis, we at SingPost all deserved to be infected and die. Alas, I failed.

Lovely. Absolutely lovely. Here’s another:

[All] SingPost staff are human. We have families. We have loved ones. And we do not deserve such condemnation.

Well said.

During this difficult time of the health crisis, SingPost continues…to serve the community, in good health, and in good spirits. The latter which you unfortunately lack.

Hang on, I think I have some aloe vera somewhere around here.

Oh, and it’s ‘staff’. Not ‘staffs’.

Oh it’s so, SO beautiful.

Anyway, based on Robin’s response, it would appear that fault really should lie squarely with Keiv. The failed delivery attempts were evidently due to Keiv’s failure to inform his condominium security guards.

Plus, SingPost did deliver the package eventually after it was re-directed elsewhere. It’s looking like Keiv just wanted to have a go at someone, and he thought that SingPost would be an easy target.

Latest updates

So what happened after this exchange you might wonder?

Well, Keiv seems to have deleted his comment, along with both his Facebook and Instagram accounts. No better time to turn tail and run than after one has been soundly defeated, I suppose.

Netizens have come out in support Robin’s level-headed response as well.

Screenshot-2020-02-12-at-4.47.18-PM.png

What should we learn from this?

I think that a number of prescient lessons stand to be learnt here.

First, the Internet is permanent, and everything you do on it will be there forever.

Second, be good to each other. Things are difficult enough as is. Everyone, regardless of rank or station, deserves respect. To acknowledge and act according to the core dignity of every human being is at the very heart of being a decent person.

Third, nothing excuses bad behaviour. It costs nothing to keep your hatred to yourself.

And fourth, it’s ‘staff’, not ‘staffs’.

Fuck-you-keiv.png

giphy.gif?cid=790b761156fc897d6700f91166

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

This Robin Comms Chief always see him on TV one. Not sure why he always hop to different companies every few years.

I don't think he hops intentionally, it's more to do with the fact that he is indeed very capable and ends up being head-hunted and highly sought-after by organisations who wish to tap on his leadership and expertise in public relations and communications. He is indeed one of those Type-A personality types and is very professional and passionate about his job. He used to be a Commando officer too iirc.

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 3

KNN, no need to curse ppl until like that.

Yes, singpost service is nowhere near what most of us expect, and we all know some of their tricks, still no need to curse each and everyone in Singpost until like that. 

what kind of upbringing is this? <_<-_-

• Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

This Robin Comms Chief always see him on TV one. Not sure why he always hop to different companies every few years.

Maybe high flyer people usually would hop to different companies every few years? Lol.

26 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

KNN, no need to curse ppl until like that.

Yes, singpost service is nowhere near what most of us expect, and we all know some of their tricks, still no need to curse each and everyone in Singpost until like that. 

what kind of upbringing is this? <_<-_-

This fellow is obviously having his own version of a meltdown. 

Hint: special needs.

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Xers007 said:

No one deserved to be cursed that way but SingPost service is also not up to par at times. My own experience. 

Yes, I agree with you. On all points.

• Praise 4

What happened?

I only see the guy's cursing message and reply from Singpost. Did I missed the earlier parts?

Edited by Adrianli

I read that article mentioned due to security related issues, I believe the delivery can't enter to the Blk due to owners not around. Is this the normal procedure for most condos, that someone must be around to accept the parcel. 

• Praise 2

Oh, and it’s ‘staff’. Not ‘staffs’.

Oh, and by the way, you should never try to correct your customer's grammar or spelling, no matter how right you are.

9 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I read that article mentioned due to security related issues, I believe the delivery can't enter to the Blk due to owners not around. Is this the normal procedure for most condos, that someone must be around to accept the parcel. 

Maybe it's one of those botique development that does not have a security guardhouse manned by guards, and where residents need to be around to unlock via the intercom system when they have visitors.

For the bigger developments where there's a physical guardhouse, the guards should allow delivery people in.

• Praise 3

Keiv stupid name. 

Stupid in nature. 

Why his parents give him such a stupid name? 

Or he made up himself huh? 

Or he cannot spell? 

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2