Wheel Bearing Labour cost

ismailmiller

3 hours ago, ismailmiller said:

Hi guys, 

Anyone know a good workshop to replace both Front Wheel Bearings that cost less than 70 bucks for labour only? 

SG or JB?
If the latter, able to be done for RM50.

• Praise 1

wah lidat i kena ketok liao.

recently i changed my honda odyssey rear wheels bearings for $210 per side + $30 labour. the mechanic told me for odyssey must change the whole hub not just bearing. knnb 

• Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, EasyGoing said:

recently i changed my honda odyssey rear wheels bearings for $210 per side + $30 labour. the mechanic told me for odyssey must change the whole hub not just bearing. knnb 

Ya correct 

Some bearing come with whole hub plus bearing  plus the abs sensor. 

A orginal honda bearing  might cost more then 210 cost price already.  Dun be surprised. 

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, EasyGoing said:

I quote is inclusive of parts also right?

• Praise 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:21 PM, ismailmiller said:

Hi guys, 

Anyone know a good workshop to replace both Front Wheel Bearings that cost less than 70 bucks for labour only? 

always buy original bearing parts. 

Don't buy those cheaper OEM.  They dont last long.  Quality is very different.

On 2/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, Jusnel said:

always buy original bearing parts. 

Don't buy those cheaper OEM.  They dont last long.  Quality is very different.

I got original parts. What I mentioned was paying for workshop labour costs. I just went to one of my regular workshop and was charged 100 bucks to change both Front bearings. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, ismailmiller said:

I got original parts. What I mentioned was paying for workshop labour costs. I just went to one of my regular workshop and was charged 100 bucks to change both Front bearings. 

Too ex.

Standard is $30 per wheel. 

4 hours ago, ismailmiller said:

Hi, which workshop in sg? You sure or not or you anyhow say one. 

I changed mine. Also Honda. Was about 5 yrs ago. Lol.  Now price might have increased. But it shldnt deviate too much. 

Btw, $30 is only for labour. 

Edited by Jusnel

31 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Can OEM wheel bearing hubs tahan 5 years? Current ones making sound already.

What do you mean?

What some workshops do is remove the ball bearing from the hub assembly, order the bearing with the same model number from the ball bearing shop and replace the worn out one. The ball bearing depending on brand can come from many countries such as M'sia, Japan or Germany. Quality will be depending from brand and the country's origin, of course the price will be higher for better quality. This is the so called OEM ball bearing. Some ppl find it cheaper to do it this way as it uses back the old hub assembly and replace only the ball bearing.

Original part is the ball bearing and hub assembly come as one. Some ppl find this more costly than the method I mentioned above. But for this method it is faster to do the replace and involves less labour. 

I dunno what workshops still do only the ball bearing replacement. It is actually more work imo.

↡ Advertisement