COE Bidding – 2nd Round of February 2020

Carbon82

29 minutes ago, Smeagol said:

PI, don't like Indo Sienta, and the same specs for BM vs PI Sienta price difference is about 10k, super not worth it. 

Agreed. I see BM Sienta, become sian ah! Especially the basic model.. really nothing at $95k. 

• Haha! 1

I want to believe that the demand for today will be weak. Or at least the AD will not be bidding aggressively, as the economy might not support a high priced COE level.

We must not negate that potentially some AD will likely have Delays in certain models of cars due to part/component shortages from china factory in the coming weeks, if not already.

This might means that the next few bidding from ADs will be less enthuse, and leading to a crash to $1 COE. Fingers cross. Always hopeful.

7 minutes ago, Jwee85 said:

I want to believe that the demand for today will be weak. Or at least the AD will not be bidding aggressively, as the economy might not support a high priced COE level.

We must not negate that potentially some AD will likely have Delays in certain models of cars due to part/component shortages from china factory in the coming weeks, if not already.

This might means that the next few bidding from ADs will be less enthuse, and leading to a crash to $1 COE. Fingers cross. Always hopeful.

Love your optimism!

The last time COE was at it lowest ($200 for cat B on 21 Jan'09 and $1020 for cat A on  4 Feb'09) happened more than 10 years ago, and has never come below 20k since. Really want to be proven wrong but chances of that happening think lower than striking toto. Better off trying your luck with toto.. then go to the car dealer with a suitcase of your winnings and demand IMMEDIATE DELIVERY ON THE SPOT. That should feel damn shiok.

36 minutes ago, Jwee85 said:

, and leading to a crash to $1 COE.

will not happen liao.. last time is Closed Bidding... now OPEN so when whoever see $1 will bid $2.. when see $2 will bid $3 and this goes on..

Govt jin smart to pluck any hole de.. 

2 hours ago, Dilemma said:

Gut feeling is that the COE might drop this round due to the current situations ( Virus, Economy .. ).

But base on the number of post in this thread, seems like so much interest in this round. 

Interested coz reaction after a coe plunge tells u a lot abt underlying demand...

Rebound -> nothing to see carry on (most likely case)

Hold steady -> looks like weak demand see whether can sustain (prolly gonna stay that price for some time, eg $25k COE last year)

Fall further -> wah this wuhan (sry covid19) thing really spook ppl buying... time to start thinking abt scrapping high COE cars

$2 COE -> lol pinch urself coz ur gonna wake up

I got 1 yr old car but not looking to buy anytime soon, just following coz its interesting lol

1 minute ago, danielphua82 said:

image.png.68017fa8e2f5d98eea83ee18191b5613.png

Still at $1. lol~ 

Normally when will the dealers start going in to bid one ah? or is this abnormal?

Usually start after 3.30pm... last time i see action start around midday was after the first $25k drop of 2019

13 minutes ago, danielphua82 said:

image.png.68017fa8e2f5d98eea83ee18191b5613.png

Still at $1. lol~ 

Normally when will the dealers start going in to bid one ah? or is this abnormal?

The real action starts after 3:50pm.

1 hour ago, Smeagol said:

Love your optimism!

The last time COE was at it lowest ($200 for cat B on 21 Jan'09 and $1020 for cat A on  4 Feb'09) happened more than 10 years ago, and has never come below 20k since. 

There was an internal system error which caused this to happen - dealers were unable to log in to place bids.

Edited by Vinceng

Does it still make economical sense to buy EV or hybrid since the road tax structure will change due to lost in fuel tax from this category of vehicles. This may also affect buying decision and COE.

2 minutes ago, Estrangable said:

everyone is so excited about this round of bidding...seldom we see this level of anticipation. 

Everyone is anticipating it to go down mah....

6 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

Everyone is anticipating it to go down mah....

not everyone lah.. those without car is hoping it go down.. as those with car will suffer a dip in used car price if it happen..

those who just bought hope it goes up..

those who use car and has other more important stuff to attend to cannot care less about COE.. up up loh.. down down loh..

so depend which option you in above.. I am for sure last option as work at home no boss see jin free! whahahahahaha..

57 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Interested coz reaction after a coe plunge tells u a lot abt underlying demand...

Rebound -> nothing to see carry on (most likely case)

Hold steady -> looks like weak demand see whether can sustain (prolly gonna stay that price for some time, eg $25k COE last year)

Fall further -> wah this wuhan (sry covid19) thing really spook ppl buying... time to start thinking abt scrapping high COE cars

$2 COE -> lol pinch urself coz ur gonna wake up

I got 1 yr old car but not looking to buy anytime soon, just following coz its interesting lol

Yah my car is 1.5 years old i also kpo abit this round. 

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

There was an internal system error which caused this to happen - dealers were unable to log in to place bids.

Then me, @Jamesc and all vested MCFers, are going to wish for the system to fail again.[grouphug]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1