COE Bidding – 2nd Round of February 2020

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Sunset73 said:

Coming from a conti, i think i rather pay for a Japanese car. The reliability of conti really....... not suitable for our hot climate. You pay 140++ for a PI A Class, but the money u spent on repairs throughout the life cycle of the car will push up the price you're paying much more.

Nevertheless, i am still a conti supporter 😂

Conti really so bad? Then how come the are still so many people buying conti le? Esp you see many mercs on the road?! 

↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, JQ01 said:

Merc is indeed most popular now[drivingcar]

Based on Jan 2020 registered cars:

1. Merc - 884

2. Toyota - 860

3. Honda - 815

Source:

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltagov/who_we_are/statistics_and_publications/statistics/pdf/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

Toyota surprisingly not a lot. I thought they did some pre launch sale of the 12 Gen Altis even before motorshow?

1 hour ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Face. 

If really cannot make it, even for face, dont think people would buy conti and change to another conti again la?!

1 hour ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Toyota surprisingly not a lot. I thought they did some pre launch sale of the 12 Gen Altis even before motorshow?

u shd go take a look at that altis.. a huge taxi type of screen in the middle and a traditional parking brake stick. compare that to Mz3 … the choice is easy

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Cat B COE likely to be ard $25k if not lower. C n C already set the min bid at $25k for their so called 'name your Kia price' campaign

Rem, they are one of the major players.. If they think its $25k, it will be $25k  

No lah. Sure got some rebound after such huge drop. Lots of dealers put out incentive to ensure quota will be met ie. Coe price wont move much likely rise abit

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Estrangable said:

C&C Mercs was pretty packed on a sunday afternoon. Like a mini carnival event...everyone trying the new E class and the 140K A class... words like "affordable", "once in a decade price", "you can never find such price" were floating everywhere. 

Audi was pretty empty even though there is a 139K A4 promotion. 

Toyota showroom is truly sad though...hardly anyone. I walked off shaking my head on the price of camry… I think 140K for that. And the new corolla.... its quite disappointing. 

Honda was also like a dead town too..

when economy is bad, only the rich are buying,,,,,

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, yishunite said:

No lah. Sure got some rebound after such huge drop. Lots of dealers put out incentive to ensure quota will be met ie. Coe price wont move much likely rise abit

Agree that after a big drop with reduced quota, highly unlikely to have another big drop

Trending down to 25k is possible over several bids

The last round the long CNY break plus covid-19 did play a role

Most showrooms now have screening, contact tracing plus reassurance of regular cleaning etc, these measures help to mitigate the worry some what

The popular jap cars (honda, toyota) have good number of bookings, well this is what agents said over the weekend, will know tomorrow  

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Newbie26 said:

Agree that after a big drop with reduced quota, highly unlikely to have another big drop

Trending down to 25k is possible over several bids

The last round the long CNY break plus covid-19 did play a role

Most showrooms now have screening, contact tracing plus reassurance of regular cleaning etc, these measures help to mitigate the worry some what

The popular jap cars (honda, toyota) have good number of bookings, well this is what agents said over the weekend, will know tomorrow  

Surely the sales will say that, otherwise more people will hold back their purchases

On 2/17/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jamesc said:

I put in my bid already. 

$2.

:D

you are not alone 😀

Bidding status as at 18/02/2020 22:07:39 hrs

CategoryCurrent COE Price ($)QuotaBids Received

ACAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 982 75

BCAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1 987 93

CGOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 352 4

DMOTORCYCLE 1 577 27

EOPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 328 6

• Haha! 1

Just now, Jp66 said:

you are not alone 😀

DMOTORCYCLE 1 577 27

I hope everyone only bid $2 too.

:grin:

8 hours ago, Jp66 said:

you are not alone 😀

DMOTORCYCLE 1 577 27

Doubt it.  Ok.  Maybe got some put $2.  I am sure among the bids of $1000+ bids.  That is why once bids exceeds quota by 1, the numbers jump.  If everyone bids low or increases bids in increments of $1, then cat a coe should be below $1000 actually.

Or one person bid $2 and the next 982 bid $3  then coe is $3.