How can i search AWD cars in the sgcarmart?

HuanZhou

I tried search 7-seater, it all come out, if i search AWD, only 2 showing up, and i checked all the filters, doesn't have, can advise?

↡ Advertisement

Looks like no options to select FWD, RWD, AWD, 4WD.

But I don't get howselecting 7 seaters will all come out, some AWD cars are not 7 seaters

Xtrail is very cramped for a 7-seater.

Suggest look at Skoda Kodiaq, hyundai santa fe, volvo xc90, as well as the bigger land rovers, BMW and Mercs 7-seaters instead.

If can accept used, and want a cheaper 7-seater AWD, can consider Mit Outlander 2.4.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, HuanZhou said:

I tried search 7-seater, it all come out, if i search AWD, only 2 showing up, and i checked all the filters, doesn't have, can advise?

As usual you type in "7 seater" in the search bar, under "Vehicle Type" you select "SUV", press search. Then you scroll thru the results. Not all SUVs are AWD/4WD. Some give it a fancy name called "quattro", "4Matic", "xDrive", etc.

Edited by Watwheels

AWD cars not that many, spend some time looking through and you should be able to figure them out. Typically it's the "higher end" conti rides that have a chance of AWD, the usual Japanese models are all FWD.

11 hours ago, Lotr said:

Subaru ... i think all their cars are AWDs?  right?

Yes all Subaru are AWD.

Exception is BRZ (Rear Wheel Drive)

Honestly I feel at low speed, hard to tell the advantages of AWD.
Only at higher speed entering bends where you feel more confident with more grip and less understeer/oversteer

Anyways to check if the vehicle is AWD or not, go into the car brand (new cars) and click the model and see under specs lor.

Lol.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Ka_kia said:

Honestly I feel at low speed, hard to tell the advantages of AWD.
Only at higher speed entering bends where you feel more confident with more grip and less understeer/oversteer

My thoughts are, for AWD cars, it will have the same amount of grip and would understeer/oversteer like any other car when entering a corner (unless you are the type that enter a corner with WOT). 

Only when you are powering out of a corner, would AWD's extra traction show its worth over a 2WD car. 

• Praise 1

Not all AWD cars are made equal. Some are permanent some are electronic controlled. For permanent ones they are not as fuel efficient as FWD/RWD. There are trade offs plus the AWD will be either front wheel or rear wheel biased. Means more power either go to the front wheels or rear wheels. IMO it's more or less a marketing gimmick.

We dont have snow here in Singapore which make such a feature not necessary. So why limit yourself to cars with such a feature? IMO it's not a deal breaker if the car dont have AWD. The system isnt "fullproof". If ppl upsize the rims it will also be slippery and not offer more grip on the tarmac. It's only useful at certain range of speed. What type of tires you use is also a factor. Suspension wise is also another. 

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement