skills credit courses

Kurty

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Do the credits ever expire? Don't think I ever used mine. 

the initial $500, no expiry..

but the new $500, or additional $500, 2025..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

It’s like hobbyfuture credit... maybe I should look for cooking classes....

never use my credit before... but now not good time to go for classes,

my 72year old mum also went for a bread making course. made so much bread (20+ loaves) and then had to deliver to friends and family.... 😁

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

This skills future looks like really waste tax payers money....

fraud, admin costs, does it even work??

yeah..

actually quite limited..  i dont even find their website userfriendly, especially the search function..

but in fact, i really did something with it.  😀

I studied my SG coach level 1 with 1, its free.

I clock my CDP yearly and i can use the credit too 

most importantly, after you went for the courses, can add as relief for income tax

i read that some, are actually taking private hire license with this skill credit.. 

Edited by Kurty

alot of training center is out to tap or should i say suck these govt funding..

They not focusing on the content or topic BUT provide  good food for tea break to let words of mouth to entice uncle n aunties to spread around to recruit more citizen to their center.

well i do not know why someone at 70 plus still wanna learn microsoft excel when he/she does not have basic computer skills...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

This skills future looks like really waste tax payers money....

fraud, admin costs, does it even work??

Yes, but only for the towkay and sales team of the course providers. =D

9 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Do the credits ever expire? Don't think I ever used mine. 

New ones 2025.. Time to start a MCF course, we split proceeds 50/50?

• Haha! 1

For Japanese, both bunka and jcs can claim.

my kid study at Ikoma though. 

with 1500 maybe can join better classes... like Japanese, cooking?

1 minute ago, Ody_2004 said:

They not focusing on the content or topic BUT provide  good food for tea break to let words of mouth to entice uncle n aunties to spread around to recruit more citizen to their center.

well i do not know why someone at 70 plus still wanna learn microsoft excel when he/she does not have basic computer skills...

I told my MIL your post said got good food for tea break.

She said she always wanted to learn Excel.

She said ask you which one is the best?

For the food not the Excel. She don't want to go for wrong course.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

ya Lor... is our government so out of touch with the ground? All these is actually quite a lot of taxpayers money. U can actually consolidate these money and only give it to those who actually got retrenched...

Rather  than everyone waste it on cooking classes... crazy...

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

I told my MIL your post said got good food for tea break.

She said she always wanted to learn Excel.

She said ask you which one is the best?

Jokes so lame 

Just now, Jamesc said:

Ask her go any community center to get field report! not abt the course! one auntie told me choose the cheapest course BUT at the right center.. so can eat n eat n eat!

Hope yr MIL make the right decision.. don go expensive course! whahahahaha..

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

ya Lor... is our government so out of touch with the ground? All these is actually quite a lot of taxpayers money. U can actually consolidate these money and only give it to those who actually got retrenched...

Rather  than everyone waste it on cooking classes... crazy...

honestly govt will never give money outright to retrenched or anyone..

this is the way govt HELP the sector..

look at China.. or even US.. to stimulate growth.. they pour tonnes of money into public project such as infrastructure.. the CONstruction industry get the benefit for such funding..

It is a spending economy here.. 

7 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

For Japanese, both bunka and jcs can claim.

my kid study at Ikoma though. 

with 1500 maybe can join better classes... like Japanese, cooking?

This is school? Or a course. 

Question here is who actually got retrenched and use the SFC to learn another skill and kick start another career?

No retrench of course wont get to use it cos you are busy working mah. Is it a waste of taxpayers money when you are not retrenched and have the time to go use the credit?

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Question here is who actually got retrenched and use the SFC to learn another skill and kick start another career?

No retrench of course wont get to use it cos you are busy working mah. Is it a waste of taxpayers money when you are not retrenched and have the time to go use the credit?

Companies indirectly get funding thru this funding.. Company send u to course.. they pay abit and you pay abit through this SF fund.. So in a way Govt is helping company to invest in training their staff..

I do agreed that when one is retrenched especially if you r a PMET you will not be able to get into another role/industry with this scheme.. Let's face it.. retrenchment often is economy specific or industry/sector specific.. so easy to get a job just by going to 2 days lesson? then i must had missed out alot then..

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

my friend signed up for cookie baking class. she said not bad.. tried the cookies she made.. hmm ok lah.. so so 

maybe i'll give that a try. anyway if u dont use the credits after some time it will be gone i think

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Companies indirectly get funding thru this funding.. Company send u to course.. they pay abit and you pay abit through this SF fund.. So in a way Govt is helping company to invest in training their staff..

I do agreed that when one is retrenched especially if you r a PMET you will not be able to get into another role/industry with this scheme.. Let's face it.. retrenchment often is economy specific or industry/sector specific.. so easy to get a job just by going to 2 days lesson? then i must had missed out alot then..

Yeah. That's why I'm asking who had that experience and maybe share a little. Because from many ppl point of view is no one went ahead to do this on a more serious note. The courses they went to is like learning a new hobby. Just want to know more.

I thought it's cater more for individuals than for companies?

Looks like not many go for it. Or courses that take up more time and cost.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement