skills credit courses

Kurty

52 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

ok, you go through this course and that course.

you think someone will give you a job based on attending courses ?

or it's just more for fun to pass your time ?

It's for aunties and retirees to pass time and bake cookies for friends lah

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

Yup.. i been in training for 20years.. every class every student is different although you may be teaching the same topics.

Yeah, some smell good and some smell really quite bad.

:=B:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

活到老, 學到老.

Thinking of picking up new skills during this lull period.  Some useful courses (which comes to my mind)to future-proof the career might be:

1.  Data Science/data analytics.

2.  Artificial Intelligence.

3.  Apps Development.

4. Industry 4.0 related courses.

However,  there are too many software, courses which I am not too sure which are the best.

Are you in this field too?  Would appreciate if you could provides some recommendations.

For Data Science, NTUC learning hub recommends Qlik Sense. But how does it compare with Tableau Desktop or Power B.I.?  MS Excel is no longer good for handling massive data.

For A.I, I think it is TensorFlow for Machine Learning.

For Apps Development what is the best software to learn? MIT App Inventor?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 2/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, Ody_2004 said:

I don think it give me a better chance to get the job for sure.. 

i love to learn but lazy.. so I benefited more from YouTube teachers.. wanna learn Excel got one chio teacher Leila Gharani teach 😍

as my boss once said “i don have any certification in Excel but who dare to challenge me on my knowledge and speed with spread sheet”

Learning there’s many way. If one don wish to learn there’s no way to change it even the course is free. 

True. Sometimes, we need to have a task on-hand or a real practical problem to solve,  in order to learn effectively.Otherwise, it would just be attending a 3-Day Advanced Excel course and then forget the techniques after a while without real practice.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

活到老, 學到老.

Thinking of picking up new skills during this lull period.  Some useful courses (which comes to my mind)to future-proof the career might be:

1.  Data Science/data analytics.

2.  Artificial Intelligence.

3.  Apps Development.

4. Industry 4.0 related courses.

However,  there are too many software, courses which I am not too sure which are the best.

Are you in this field too?  Would appreciate if you could provides some recommendations.

For Data Science, NTUC learning hub recommends Qlik Sense. But how does it compare with Tableau Desktop or Power B.I.?  MS Excel is no longer good for handling massive data.

For A.I, I think it is TensorFlow for Machine Learning.

For Apps Development what is the best software to learn? MIT App Inventor?

having done a few, tableau OR qlik, both similar, but ease is Tableau

As for the rest, udemy has a few data analytic bootcamps that cover python language as well and gives a good grounding.

Check it out and some are FOC. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Albeniz said:

Care to sure where did you take these courses from?

Udemy online.  One of the more varied types

the lecturers spread their courses over a wide LMS spectrum, but Udemy is more complete

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 2/19/2020 at 8:50 PM, Lala81 said:

Interesting. Thanks. Cos I only hear of those 3rd language in sec school. Seldom people speak a 3rd language here in Sg at Pri school levels unless they lived abroad or parents of non singaporean origin. 

Though I guess Korean and jap classes have a strong following due to their dramas. 

Somewhere in year 2000, I attended 6 months of Japanese language from a neighborhood CC, just for the fun of it.  But in the end, seldom get to practise.

Turbocharged
On 2/21/2020 at 6:46 PM, Soya said:

1. Overhead, rental and operational expenses are too high in Singapore.

2.  No way to compete with established brands such as Bengawan Solo.

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Top 2 is Power BI and Tableau.

It depends on which 1 the company is using

Yes, Power BI complements it.

• Praise 1

On 2/21/2020 at 6:46 PM, Soya said:

Its entirely up to the learner to capitalise on it.

I know of a Malaysian, travelled to Singapore to learn on how to make ice cream from WSQ culinary programme. Of coz she paid full course fee since she's foreigner. 

She learned the skills. She went back to her city and open ice cream shop that sells flavours that never found anywhere in her city. 

I personally went to visit her shop and it's real.

We dont know how foreigners envy our system that our govt is helping us to learn new skills and business ideas. 

I tell you, if this Malaysian can come here to pay full fee to learn from our govt initiatives, I'm v sure there are many foreigners from Viet, Thailand, Philippines, even westerners, are benefiting it too. They come, learn our standards and go back to benefit from it.

So WSQ are not for fun. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Jusnel said:

Its entirely up to the learner to capitalise on it.

I know of a Malaysian, travelled to Singapore to learn on how to make ice cream from WSQ culinary programme. Of coz she paid full course fee since she's foreigner. 

She learned the skills. She went back to her city and open ice cream shop that sells flavours that never found anywhere in her city. 

I personally went to visit her shop and it's real.

We dont know how foreigners envy our system that our govt is helping us to learn new skills and business ideas. 

I tell you, if this Malaysian can come here to pay full fee to learn from our govt initiatives, I'm v sure there are many foreigners from Viet, Thailand, Philippines, even westerners, are benefiting it too. They come, learn our standards and go back to benefit from it.

So WSQ are not for fun. 

Foreigner pay full fee can do whatever they want. Nothing to do w Skillsfuture 

But if use taxpayer money to bake for fun, different matter 

Btw, hv to put it to good use or not? 

Turbocharged

Does anyone know where I can sit for an examination to obtain a professional certification for python and data analytics?

Aiyah sorry I don't know anything about python and data analytics courses.

:grin:

I only know all the WSQ Provide Full-Body Massage with Oil Course Singapore

image.png.15704a12deec1b5ee6e950296bbed7b1.png

This is a WSQ massage course Singapore to treat the whole body and pamper with 5 most important techniques – effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and vibration. The most important is to develop the sense of touch and manage the variation, the transitions of each technique smoothly. Also commonly known as Swedish Massage, it is a must learn for all beginners. You will master the 5 famous classical movements and know how to apply to various parts of your body.  In the wellness industry, this modality is most popular and best known to help the body relax.

Our course offers our students a lot of practical hands on training to practise the long gliding strokes, how to use the fingers, hands and palms to rub, to tap, knead and stretch. There are a whole lot of different movements for different parts of the muscles and body parts. This therapeutic touch works on rebalancing the body and the emotional level.  Holistic Massage works wonders and offers tremendous benefits :

Increase the level of oxygen in your body.

Decrease the muscle toxins.

Improves blood circulation and thus will ease body aches, pain and tension during the relaxing massage.

Aids client in having a deeper and more relaxed breathing during the massage.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 6/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, inlinesix said:

Top 2 is Power BI and Tableau.

It depends on which 1 the company is using

Is IBM Cognos a popular data analytics software?  Seems that it not so commonly-used compared to Power BI and Tableau.

↡ Advertisement