FWD Insurance

Goldenvodka

On 7/30/2020 at 3:17 PM, badlammy said:

Yup. BD too many options, and if add in those I want, it seems more ex.

Just renewed with FWD..

BD want me put named driver but don accept my son.. waste time clicking here n there.. 

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Recently compared quote between FWD (w 25% promo discount) vs the AXA quote I got from insurance broker

On the surface, FWD is cheaper. But if I add on the extras to be equivalent to what AXA is offering, not much diff in the end

Had good claims experience w AXA in the past so went with that in the end

Online registration looks ok, but their " Unique " feature or device sucks, I had mine rejected twice last 2 years as compared to other insurance

Reason: I am the only family driver and holding class 3 licence since 1978, a family car registered under Wifey name, FWD cant accept it, Full Stop !

2 years ago, I experienced the same, and I went to my regular car insurance, what thy did was to screen-shot my marriage cert vis mobile phone and less than 40 mins, it was done, i had my insurance coy have me 3/4 quotes and I got the best deal. Last month, again, I happened the same situation, yet again, FWD claimed their service were " UNIQUE " I was damned what so unique and insisting other insurance can do it, Why cant U ?

Told FWD off, if you can't change it by accepting customer's reasoning as only driver in the family with 42 yrs driving experiences and zero claim , what's so unique. Customer win, not FWD- in times like this, thy have to adapt to changes according to situation and environment, not the their company policy being rigid and stubborn doing business.

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Online registration looks ok, but their " Unique " feature or device sucks, I had mine rejected twice last 2 years as compared to other insurance

Reason: I am the only family driver and holding class 3 licence since 1978, a family car registered under Wifey name, FWD cant accept it, Full Stop !

2 years ago, I experienced the same, and I went to my regular car insurance, what thy did was to screen-shot my marriage cert vis mobile phone and less than 40 mins, it was done, i had my insurance coy have me 3/4 quotes and I got the best deal. Last month, again, I happened the same situation, yet again, FWD claimed their service were " UNIQUE " I was damned what so unique and insisting other insurance can do it, Why cant U ?

Told FWD off, if you can't change it by accepting customer's reasoning as only driver in the family with 42 yrs driving experiences and zero claim , what's so unique. Customer win, not FWD- in times like this, thy have to adapt to changes according to situation and environment, not the their company policy being rigid and stubborn doing business.

Interesting......based on what you mentioned, your wife as car owner does not have a driving license, therefore she is not entitled to any NCD.

If you are the only one with class 3 and zero claim, why didn’t the car register under your name and you will be entitled to NCD ?

In your case, since you are not car owner, are you still eligible for NCD applied to your family car ? 

Different insurance companies have different risk appetite.....sounds like FWD might not want to accept risk of car owner not included.

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

Your wife doesn't hold a license and car registered under her name. I reckon likely that to be the reason fwd rejected. Otherwise I don't see any problem putting down another name as 2nd driver.

I am not sure about private registered vehicle but for vehicle registered under company we can always request for "any driver".. under the tnc. Premium definitely much higher.

• Praise 1

21 hours ago, Soya said:

Recently compared quote between FWD (w 25% promo discount) vs the AXA quote I got from insurance broker

On the surface, FWD is cheaper. But if I add on the extras to be equivalent to what AXA is offering, not much diff in the end

Had good claims experience w AXA in the past so went with that in the end

For me, the cheapest plan is still $200 more ex than current policy.

Neutral Newbie

Looking to renew your motor insurance?

We are one of the top insurance companies that provide the lowest quotation in town for all private hire cars / private cars/ Commercial vans & lorries.

wa.me/6586889991

I asked for a quote from AWD then got one that is competitive. Then I asked agent for details. When it came to modifications, they will consider even switching to coilovers from shocks as modification and will not insure the vehicle. Then I asked what if I replaced the factory shocks with compatible OEM that is not branded with the car make. They said this is also considered as modification as not factory stock. The insurance coverage will be withdrawn. I fell off my chair.

So I probed further and asked what if my workshop changed my worn brake pads with non-factory original pads without my knowledge. The agent said that this is also considered as a modification and not covered by the policy. Not jus the part, but the whole vehicle

Beware, the devil is in the details. If unlucky enough to be in accident, and the loss inspector checks your brake pads. If non factory branded, you could be on your own as the coverage is voided. FWD is very strict on vehicle mods. 

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, serenade said:

I asked for a quote from AWD then got one that is competitive. Then I asked agent for details. When it came to modifications, they will consider even switching to coilovers from shocks as modification and will not insure the vehicle. Then I asked what if I replaced the factory shocks with compatible OEM that is not branded with the car make. They said this is also considered as modification as not factory stock. The insurance coverage will be withdrawn. I fell off my chair.

So I probed further and asked what if my workshop changed my worn brake pads with non-factory original pads without my knowledge. The agent said that this is also considered as a modification and not covered by the policy. Not jus the part, but the whole vehicle

Beware, the devil is in the details. If unlucky enough to be in accident, and the loss inspector checks your brake pads. If non factory branded, you could be on your own as the coverage is voided. FWD is very strict on vehicle mods. 

My mistake for confusing the websites of FWD and Budget Insurance. They are so similar until I have to look 3 times. It is Budget Direct who is very strict on car modifications and use of original parts before will insure. The call came from Budget Direct, not FWD. FWD's apple-for-apple quote is not at all competitive. 

My 1st & 2nd year with fwd got some promo code so was cheaper than others. Maybe just to get me to switch to them.

The 3rd year I switched out cos promo not so good any more.

Neutral Newbie

Hey man, I highly recommend you get quotes from car insurance brokerage and rate comparison sites like Surex if you're looking to get the most affordable car insurance rates available for you and they make the entire process a lot easier as well. All you need to do is put in all the necessary information and one of their insurance brokers would help you and come back to you with several quotes from different car insurance companies that they have partnered up with. Having all those options would allow you to choose the best deal for you in terms of price and coverage. I always purchase my car insurance through them and i highly recommend you check them out so I hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, myles29 said:

Hey man, I highly recommend you get quotes from car insurance brokerage and rate comparison sites like Surex if you're looking to get the most affordable car insurance rates available for you and they make the entire process a lot easier as well. All you need to do is put in all the necessary information and one of their insurance brokers would help you and come back to you with several quotes from different car insurance companies that they have partnered up with. Having all those options would allow you to choose the best deal for you in terms of price and coverage. I always purchase my car insurance through them and i highly recommend you check them out so I hope this helps.

Hello.  .😁

I speak to times insurance and HL suntek almost on a weekly basic.  

All advised me to get quote on my own when come to personal ride. 

Which broker company are you from?😁

You by insurance from Durex?

They cover punctures too?

:D

1 hour ago, myles29 said:

Edited by Jamesc

@Kopites  Thanks for taking time to hear me out, Im sure it was solved much earlier, I go back to my previous insurannce coy anf expolain my situation, she accept it w/o fuss and that was she advised to do likewise, less than an hour it was done, here is a simple logic.

I may be FWD new Cust, the other coy were my past customer, who hold me highly.

Hi there! It really depends on the type of insurance that you will get. I’ve been doing a lot of research about car insurance and I found a brokerage site like this site that has experienced insurance advisors that can provide you with competitive quotes from leading car insurance carriers.

↡ Advertisement