How many of u r changing holiday plans?

VteckiCk

Screenshot_20200220_011519.thumb.jpg.7f2e403e93d3f33ade32ede061703963.jpg

As per topic title, how many of u are rescheduling or canceling holiday plans due to the virus or still proceeding? Just receive email from Scoot about rescheduling air tix. What are the airlines that are offering rebooking at no charges? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It may be involuntary. For medical staff, at least in the gahmen setting, all leave is cancelled and approval for overseas conferences are rescinded. For previously booked holidays, it's case by case. If they need you, you don't go. They may reimburse you for any losses. I have some critical staff we can't lose at this time, and unfortunately, their planned trip to Europe has been cancelled (HR is reimbursing).

• Praise 3

Was due to travel to Bangkok in the first week of March together with my cousin and a group of elderly aunties and uncles. In view of Covid-19, she thought of postponing to a later date but the airline will not waive the additional charges of $175 per pax for change of date; despite our appeal due to the safety and well-being of elderly passengers. 

Rather disappointed since we had already purchased this way back last year before Covid-19 hit; and it's not like we're asking to cancel and have a full refund, and are even willing to top up the airfare difference (if any) based on the postponed date. Considering its Bangkok, $175 is a tad excessive for a change of date fee as it can almost get you another ticket. My cousin's even thinking of absorbing the cost for the elderly folks and me; but I think in this case I rather just fly there alone if I have to than to have her bear the unnecessary extra charges. 

Edited by Ronkovic
Typo
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

my boy cancel his trip to BKK although air ticket & lodging was fully paid. Still monitoring his Phuket trip which might be cancel closer to the date in early april.

My girl's Dubai trip in 1st week of March will proceed.

• Praise 2

Going to cancel my TW holiday trip in March. My wife is scare of the virus cos we are bringing our slightly less than 2 years old kid along. My flight with SQ is not on the affected list, dunno can get back money or not. Still need to cancel the Taipei hotel, also dunno can get back money or not. Sian. 1 virus affected everything. 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Going to cancel my TW holiday trip in March. My wife is scare of the virus cos we are bringing our slightly less than 2 years old kid along. My flight with SQ is not on the affected list, dunno can get back money or not. Still need to cancel the Taipei hotel, also dunno can get back money or not. Sian. 1 virus affected everything. 

honestly speaking they are more afraid of singaporean going there [laugh] [laugh]

• Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah...i not changing my holiday plans

because i don't have any in the first place

🤣

take a cruise to nowhere :D

• Haha! 1