How many of u r changing holiday plans?

VteckiCk

Booked tickets to Xi’an with 2 other mates due to travel early March. Cancelled due to Covid-19. Lucky Cathay Pacific give full refund. It was a dampener as the trip was booked half a year ago and I had been looking forward. Haizz...

Hotel booked through booking.com also cancelled with no penalty. 

• Praise 2

On 2/20/2020 at 9:10 AM, Daniu82 said:

Going to cancel my TW holiday trip in March. My wife is scare of the virus cos we are bringing our slightly less than 2 years old kid along. My flight with SQ is not on the affected list, dunno can get back money or not. Still need to cancel the Taipei hotel, also dunno can get back money or not. Sian. 1 virus affected everything. 

Good luck in cancelling SQ. The hotline always busy and officer will get back to u in a week at least

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Booked tickets to Xi’an with 2 other mates due to travel early March. Cancelled due to Covid-19. Lucky Cathay Pacific give full refund. It was a dampener as the trip was booked half a year ago and I had been looking forward. Haizz...

Vegetarian trip?

10 hours ago, Soya said:

I'm waiting for SQ to offer lelong 60% off Spontaneous Ecapes points redemption in the next couple of months. Shld hv plenty of empty seats

Last month 51% off. Thot Feb would be more but they probably figured no point and back to 30%

SQ has cut down flights on certain routes for the next few months as well.

So there are less seats available for some sectors.

Neutral Newbie
On 2/20/2020 at 1:19 AM, VteckiCk said:

Screenshot_20200220_011519.thumb.jpg.7f2e403e93d3f33ade32ede061703963.jpg

As per topic title, how many of u are rescheduling or canceling holiday plans due to the virus or still proceeding? Just receive email from Scoot about rescheduling air tix. What are the airlines that are offering rebooking at no charges? 

I’ve also booked flight to Taiwan through scoot, but haven’t received any email😭 Need to wait and see the situation.. Can get the same offer for those who haven’t received email?

13 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Good that you canceled.

all arrival to Xi’an will need to be quarantined for 14 days first.

those with local Xi’an address need to seek approval from their condo / village, if accepted, stay in own property; if not accepted/ those with no local Xi’an address, stay in designated hotel, and you have to pay for the hotel. 
Last I hear, limited public transport, malls and most restaurants still closed. 

• Praise 4

12 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Good luck in cancelling SQ. The hotline always busy and officer will get back to u in a week at least

SQ got mad taichi skills.

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Blueray said:

SQ has cut down flights on certain routes for the next few months as well.

So there are less seats available for some sectors.

Most airlines are consolidating their flights to minimize losses.  Still got a lot of seats lah. London is usually full but now barely 100-150 passengers, I heard from my friend who is a flight crew.

They have learnt from SARS. 

Still thinking if I should book my flights for travel  in 3Q.  

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Most airlines are consolidating their flights to minimize losses.  Still got a lot of seats lah. London is usually full but now barely 100-150 passengers, I heard from my friend who is a flight crew.

They have learnt from SARS. 

Still thinking if I should book my flights for travel  in 3Q.  

the tricky thing about making travel plans now is if decided to cancel subsequently due to the virus situation overseas being too risky, travel insurance will probably not cover plane and hotel cancellations as WHO declared a global health emergency on 30 Jan. 

so I am also adopting a wait and see.

23 minutes ago, Blueray said:

the tricky thing about making travel plans now is if decided to cancel subsequently due to the virus situation overseas being too risky, travel insurance will probably not cover plane and hotel cancellations as WHO declared a global health emergency on 30 Jan. 

so I am also adopting a wait and see.

Don't think i can wait very long, limited tickets left as it is a long weekend.  If authority imposed new measures, i suppose i can get a deferment although refund would be a non starter.

Edited by Voodooman

Just now, Voodooman said:

Don't think i can wait very long, limited tickets left as it is a long weekend. 

judgement call lor ...

think so long as not going S Korea and Japan should be OK.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Blueray said:

judgement call lor ...

think so long as not going S Korea and Japan should be OK.

Going south and it is their winter season. 

Anyway, I will just book it and be prepared to write it off. There is a high chance if Covid is not controlled by then, it would have spread globally and into the southern hemisphere.  If it is going to be armageddon, it doesn't matter anyway. 😅😂😓

• Haha! 1

No scared. No scared. Just visited the Snow festival @Sapporo from Feb 8 to 13. Came back from KL & Malacca yesterday. You be happy when visiting Asian countries because there are no China tourists. The ANA flight back from Narita was only half full. I manage to occupy 3 seats. The air stewardess were happy because they serve less passengers and have more rest time. If the virus prolong till next year, will you just stay in Singapore and waste your vacation leave. I took extra precaution like washing my hand with soap every time I visit the washroom and then apply the sanitizer. Just be extra careful.

• Praise 4

extra precaution like washing my hand with soap every time I visit the washroom?

Some of us do this every time and not just now.

:ph34r:

Are you in the F&B industry?

Sounds like one of them.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement