Hit and Run case

carlovexes

Hi guys,

I was driving towards an HDB carpark today where a Honda Civic idiot driver was tailgating me so damn hard since 500 meters on the normal road. I even signaled and asked him what is he doing, and then gave indicator and turned into the carpark. After which, I entered and was about to turn left to go up onto the next floor of the carpark, I heard a huge bang at the back of my car. It was the same stupid guy and I walked out to ask him what on earth is he doing? First, he denied what happened and asked me what happened, claiming he didn't do anything. After raising my voice and shouting at him, he asked me to calm down and move ahead to talk, as we were "blocking other cars". I proceeded into my car and when I turned back a few seconds later after moving ahead,  the a**hole was gone. During the incident, we were towards the turn for going up and down the multi-story Carpark, and so as I moved ahead, he went down straight and escaped.

I was so furious at that point in time and before I could note his full number, he was gone. Luckily, I knew the numerical digits and make/color of the car. After a few hours, I went back to the same carpark and found his car parked upstairs. So, I even left a note on his car saying that he banged my car from the back and it is a hit and run, along with the fact that I have all his car details and a recording of the crash too. I also passed on my contact number. Half an hour later, when I went back to the carpark, the car was gone. I did not get any call/message from him either.

What would be the procedure in a situation like this? This guy seems unwilling to pay up and confess his mistake. What a shameless and stupid guy. I noticed the fact that he was tailgating me since quite some time, and specifically signaled and asked him also what is he doing.

My car is only 3 weeks old, and got dented and bruised quite a bit at the back. Please advise me on what to do in a situation like this. ASAP. If anybody has any details on the owner of this car, I would humbly request you to help me in this situation. Maybe if this guy had accepted his mistake and owned up, this would not have gone this far. However, this moron is absolutely shameless and rather tricked me into helping him escape.

Attached is a photo of his car.

IMG_6565.JPG

↡ Advertisement

@Carbon82 maybe good idea to merge with existing thread

10 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Just made a report with the insurer and let them handle. No need to be so vexed.

He needs to report police 1st. Otherwise LLST

• Praise 1

got rear cam video of the collision?

got pic of his front damage?

I assume u hv pic of your own rear damage.

submit all to TP and your insurance company within 24hrs of the incident. Your insurance company will also want a copy of the TP report.

for your reference, the last time I kena a hit n run, TP took 4 mths to close the case, even with my car cam video evidence.

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

He needs to report police 1st. Otherwise LLST

Yup. That's what the insurance reporting center told me when I was there for my case.

so I hurried to TP at Ubi to make a report before bringing a hard copy of the TP report to the reporting ctr. All had to be done within 24hrs.

• Praise 1

On 2/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, carlovexes said:

Hi guys,

I was driving towards an HDB carpark today where a Honda Civic idiot driver was tailgating me so damn hard since 500 meters on the normal road. I even signaled and asked him what is he doing, and then gave indicator and turned into the carpark. After which, I entered and was about to turn left to go up onto the next floor of the carpark, I heard a huge bang at the back of my car. It was the same stupid guy and I walked out to ask him what on earth is he doing? First, he denied what happened and asked me what happened, claiming he didn't do anything. After raising my voice and shouting at him, he asked me to calm down and move ahead to talk, as we were "blocking other cars". I proceeded into my car and when I turned back a few seconds later after moving ahead,  the a**hole was gone. During the incident, we were towards the turn for going up and down the multi-story Carpark, and so as I moved ahead, he went down straight and escaped.

I was so furious at that point in time and before I could note his full number, he was gone. Luckily, I knew the numerical digits and make/color of the car. After a few hours, I went back to the same carpark and found his car parked upstairs. So, I even left a note on his car saying that he banged my car from the back and it is a hit and run, along with the fact that I have all his car details and a recording of the crash too. I also passed on my contact number. Half an hour later, when I went back to the carpark, the car was gone. I did not get any call/message from him either.

What would be the procedure in a situation like this? This guy seems unwilling to pay up and confess his mistake. What a shameless and stupid guy. I noticed the fact that he was tailgating me since quite some time, and specifically signaled and asked him also what is he doing.

My car is only 3 weeks old, and got dented and bruised quite a bit at the back. Please advise me on what to do in a situation like this. ASAP. If anybody has any details on the owner of this car, I would humbly request you to help me in this situation. Maybe if this guy had accepted his mistake and owned up, this would not have gone this far. However, this moron is absolutely shameless and rather tricked me into helping him escape.

Attached is a photo of his car.

IMG_6565.JPG

Hi what was the final outcome pls? Did u manage to claim against that idiot?

↡ Advertisement