is this a good year to change car?

Sissypoo

Its February.

2nd month of the year.

So many things happened. not going to talk abt virus so many threads already.

Just wondering since this is a car forum, good year to change car? Does the uncertainty that lies ahead affects your car buying decision, PM Lee warns of impending recession, even risk of losing job in the event of the current global situation worsenin.. 

are we on a wait and see wad happens next attitude? do we see coe dropping? Wads the take for forum members here?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Every person's risk appetite, appetite for a car and therefore buying decision will be different. 

To quote a great thinker, what is the point behind your question? 😂

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 12

1 hour ago, Strat said:

every year is a good year to change car if you got money....

Indeed true, anytime also good to change or buy car if you have money. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Standard line...

Car dealer- now is the best time to buy

Property agent- now is the best time to buy/sell/rent 

Insurance agent- now is the best time to plan for the future

Mother- now is the best time to do what I say

Boss at work- now is the best time to be prudent and save on everything 

Boss at home - now is the best time you do everything yet say nothing 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 17

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Every person's risk appetite, appetite for a car and therefore buying decision will be different. 

To quote a great thinker, what is the point behind your question? 😂

picture worth a million words :grin: 

point.JPG

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 12

The article I red says do not even think of a car for next 10 to 15 years. If we follow this strictly, COE will go down for sure.

I forgot to mention that the article was written by my wife.

Edited by Steptronic
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

3 hours ago, Sissypoo said:

Its February.

2nd month of the year.

Just wondering since this is a car forum, good year to change car? Does the uncertainty that lies ahead affects your car buying decision, PM Lee warns of impending recession, even risk of losing job in the event of the current global situation worsenin.. 

are we on a wait and see wad happens next attitude? do we see coe dropping? Wads the take for forum members here?

Whether it’s a “good year” to change car, doesn’t it depend on your own financial situation?   It’s a question which you should ask yourself, not others...  It doesn’t matter what PM Lee says, it’s whether you are certain about your own finances and income...

Don’t forget when new cars (and COEs) are cheap, old car prices will also drop and the trade-in price of your current car will be affected...  

Edited by Jamesgetz
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Sissypoo said:

Its February.

2nd month of the year.

Any year will be a great year to buy new cars if u have the money. :D 

Really, what's the point of your question?  

There will always be enough people flushed with cash even in the worst of economy. And they will buy no matter what happens.

And always remember that your hard earned money will be pitted against PHV car rental companies with unlimited funds when it comes to securing COEs. They will do whatever it takes to fulfill their biz objective. Your sum of money spent is prob your life savings liao and no one knows if you have the means to fill up the void in time to come. 

Do consider this carefully. 

2 hours ago, Ginyu said:

if you hesitate then dont change car

Agreed. If you have to ask such questions, it means you do not or barely have the means to have a new set of wheels. 

32 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

since the government is going to promote hybrid cars. I think it is better to wait for the dealers to bring more models to choose. Wait a bit if you can. 

Sure so that MIW can juice u dry with the CEVS A1 and A2 ratings... I want to see whats the actual scrap value for these hybrid and full EV cars after u guys got them :D

Only in SG when one would get seriously shortchanged or at the loosing end for following gov orders... I guess not many remembers or choose not to rem the CNG fiasco... and diesel engines for pte vehicles to a certain deg... 

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Haha! 1

I think if your car is 10 years old this year and has nothing but paper value left and you are in some iron clad industries with job security..then yes..good time to change

If we do get thru this virus stuff unscarred then there may be a slight economic spike during which prices may rise. So time ur purchase properly

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2