is this a good year to change car?

Sissypoo

7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Some one can save a lot of money here.

The new city looks just like his accent.

:grin:

image.png.e4fac609f24a51704284e1b5e69463a0.png

image.png.1999c9095b8ac4bcf51f00b363866255.png

image.thumb.png.c7fa6b6e1d0d36c38fdf34c3ca0da1bd.png

image.thumb.png.036e30da930f492b131df1182cf89550.png

Then... then... its cheaper to just buy the honda city logo for my accent? 😱

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

51 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think the new City has grown much better looking liao. can liao lah. [laugh]

Indeed, from first gen of city until the current city, the design really getting nicer.

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Lotr said:

I went to see a 2nd car a few days before the CB. Guess what, a few days later, the price actually went up.

I have seen that a few times in SGCM. The used car was listed for a long time and the dealer revised down once. Then one day I saw the price was revised up a lot, and after a week or two, the car was listed as sold. Very strange. 

10 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

I have seen that a few times in SGCM. The used car was listed for a long time and the dealer revised down once. Then one day I saw the price was revised up a lot, and after a week or two, the car was listed as sold. Very strange. 

Bump up list price to get more loan lor 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Then... then... its cheaper to just buy the honda city logo for my accent? 😱

then u just lying to yourself..

Like the previous generation harrier with a rebage Luxus and an out of place radio antenna ...and steering wheel logo

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, yishunite said:

So... uh anyone actually buying car for real?

I think u meant, anyone manage to get a car with a huge discount during this period.

If that's the question, then yes, the golf GTI was going for 150K for last remainder unit instead of 161K during the good Friday sales

On 4/12/2020 at 1:19 PM, Old-driver said:

Have been browsing the forum over the past 2 weeks, since nothing much to do.

There are lots of threads on COVID-19, too many in fact but that's understandable as this topic dominates almost every minute of our lives.

Anyone still looking to buy a used car or thinking to get one during this period?

So how does one view and test drive and do the transaction?

I've no intention to buy hehe... but if there's a really good deal as some might want to free up cash or dealers wanting to reduce their inventory during this tough period, i might.

If buying used car, better buy from those reputable ones as many used car dealers are going down during these period. 

Reputable ones like Hua Yang, Lakeview or Vincar etc.........

I have owned 7 cars before. Both new and used car. So far I have never test drive any of them . For me, Car is just a tool from point A to B 

The fastest transaction for me is at C&C. Walked in, give bank cheque and downpayment, signed the forms within 15 min. 

Then go out and drink coffee with the SE. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mahjong74 said:

If buying used car, better buy from those reputable ones as many used car dealers are going down during these period. 

Reputable ones like Hua Yang, Lakeview or Vincar etc.........

I have owned 7 cars before. Both new and used car. So far I have never test drive any of them . For me, Car is just a tool from point A to B 

The fastest transaction for me is at C&C. Walked in, give bank cheque and downpayment, signed the forms within 15 min. 

Then go out and drink coffee with the SE. 

You are the role model customers that all car salesperson wish...😀

• Praise 2

You will be surprise the ridiculously good deal they can offer now. I was looking at conti. AD offer immediate reg using open cat. Waive all "fees" for full payment. No neg required for those so called "freebies". Plus COE lowest in 10 years. Will COE drop further, likely. 

Seen quite a few SMS and SMT on the road. So yea, definitely people are buying

Edited by Lufu
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Lufu said:

You will be surprise the ridiculously good deal they can offer now. I was looking at conti. AD offer immediate reg using open cat. Waive all "fees" for full payment. No neg required for those so called "freebies". Plus COE lowest in 10 years. Will COE drop further, likely. 

Very observant! [thumbsup]

10 hours ago, Lufu said:

No matter under what kind of situation and economy, there are sure still have people buying. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Lufu said:

Thank you very much for the tip and observation. 

17 hours ago, Hamburger said:

New or used?

Doesnt matter rly... who wanna buy car that you cannot use for more than a few km per week while being hit by 500-1k monthly depre... such ppl damn confident in economy sia

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

No matter under what kind of situation and economy, there are sure still have people buying. Lol.

Govt job? OCBC, DBS, UOB and HSBC all came out to say no retrenchment. So all these people can pick up good bargains if they feel secure enough. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, yishunite said:

Doesnt matter rly... who wanna buy car that you cannot use for more than a few km per week while being hit by 500-1k monthly depre... such ppl damn confident in economy sia

People with cars that has expiring COEs these few months need to replace them with another car, like it or not. Govt didn't say COE expiry suspended during CB. 😊

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1