is this a good year to change car?

Sissypoo

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

No money to change car so I change to goodyear tyres. 

cant go wrong with a set of Goodyear Assy 5 tires.. anyone tried the clubsports ? ok OT over..

↡ Advertisement

13 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

Bobian, over the years, I realized that it gets further and further away lor.  Live in Bedok goto Woodlands, by Bus 1hour 30 mins.  Take MRT even worse 1 hour 45 mins .

Drive 30mins.

Like that how?

Taking Grab/GoJek daily is still cheaper than owning any new car seriously. 

Even if u add in the surge pricing, your trip per direction is about what $40? So each day u spend $80 to n fro work. I am sure you incur more expenses per day owning most B n B cars in sg,.

13 hours ago, Jtbc said:

It depends. Just traded in my car for 12k above paper value. Honda Vezel 2015, COE was 61k then.

Bought what car? some dealers got OT

13 hours ago, Jtbc said:

It depends. Just traded in my car for 12k above paper value. Honda Vezel 2015, COE was 61k then.

Thats becos your Vezel had ready buyers... it will be used for PHV duties

For other brands/models that are unlikely to be used by these rental companies, it is scrap plus 2-3k only. 

13 hours ago, Apple-Tree said:

Bobian, over the years, I realized that it gets further and further away lor.  Live in Bedok goto Woodlands, by Bus 1hour 30 mins.  Take MRT even worse 1 hour 45 mins .

Drive 30mins.

Like that how?

How come MRT is longer than taking bus de? Lol. Sometimes driving might be even longer than taking public transport or about the same, must also see the area you stay. 

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

For other brands/models that are unlikely to be used by these rental companies, it is scrap plus 2-3k only. 

Assuming it’s the rental coy that paid 12k above paper with 5 more year to end of COE for immediate rental income, how much can it fetch per month and how long to recoup the sunk cost before it turns profitable if at all? 

13 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

No money to change car so I change to goodyear tyres. 

Last year no money to buy honda car so I bought a honda sticker instead.

• Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Last year no money to buy honda car so I bought a honda sticker instead.

That’s one small first step...slowly bit by bit assemble the rests of the car 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Even if u add in the surge pricing, your trip per direction is about what $40? So each day u spend $80 to n fro work. I am sure you incur more expenses per day owning most B n B cars in sg,.

Hmmmm....

$80x21days = $1680/mth. Or $20160/yr

$7k depre, $1k insurance, $700 roadtax, $3k fuel, $2k maintenance. $300 parking at work and home. 14k

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Bottom line is that $12k Above paper is achievable. 

4 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Hmmmm....

$80x21days = $1680/mth. Or $20160/yr

$7k depre, $1k insurance, $700 roadtax, $3k fuel, $2k maintenance. $300 parking at work and home. 14k

$1680 per month is an average running for most new cars in SG. In fact its considered on the low side liao.

$1-1.2k loan payment per mth, $3-400 fuel bills per mth, $200 for maint etc, parking...assuming u live in HDB.. $110+ office area parking approx $280? 

Grand total: easily $2000 per mth.... 

Is this a good year to change car? Well, if you think you have a stable job or you have already save up enough for a car, why not. As u can see this week stock market lao sai, news on pay cut and pay freeze, you think coe will go north or south? 

10 hours ago, 13177 said:

How come MRT is longer than taking bus de? Lol. Sometimes driving might be even longer than taking public transport or about the same, must also see the area you stay. 

OK. Item by item.

MRT ....... Of course faster la. But hor, the STN in Madperson.  So need to take Bus, the Great Jam of Ubin, macam like the Great Depression. Then goto Bishan STN change red line lor.

On the other hand, goto the reservoir, take bus 168 ...... zoom zoom via SLE to Woodlands STN lor, still faster abit lor. My car tio chain, so repair 3 weeks.  

Exactly, but I double confirmed Bedok to Woodlands buay soon lor, by public transport. So everyday for many years, drive like NSH CTE north bound and seeing the Great Jam of CTE, all the way to SLE.

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Hmmmm ........ you maths like abit problem leh.  Let assume I need to spend 1k every month to maintain car and my depre 10K per year.

Like drive better leh ....... 

53 minutes ago, Apple-Tree said:

OK. Item by item.

MRT ....... Of course faster la. But hor, the STN in Madperson.  So need to take Bus, the Great Jam of Ubin, macam like the Great Depression. Then goto Bishan STN change red line lor.

On the other hand, goto the reservoir, take bus 168 ...... zoom zoom via SLE to Woodlands STN lor, still faster abit lor. My car tio chain, so repair 3 weeks.  

Exactly, but I double confirmed Bedok to Woodlands buay soon lor, by public transport. So everyday for many years, drive like NSH CTE north bound and seeing the Great Jam of CTE, all the way to SLE.

Take bus which go by expressway seems like quite fast, only if the expressway dont jam la. Since peak hours jam or accident on expressway quite high chance, if kena one accident, whole stretch expressway stand still. 😂 Also take bus, the bus die die must follow the route, cannot detour or escape from the jam.

Looks like stay north and go east not say very convenience le no matter take mrt, bus or drive. 

↡ Advertisement