is this a good year to change car?

Sissypoo

On 2/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, Ginyu said:

ya no full cash no car. if cant full cash for porsche then settle for toyota😝

Abothen?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

A used 2.5 yrs HRV is selling at $69k, dep 8k. 

A used 2.5 yrs vezel selling at $69k too. 

A new vezel selling at $89k.

So which more worth? 

12 hours ago, Cw1985 said:

A used 2.5 yrs HRV is selling at $69k, dep 8k. 

A used 2.5 yrs vezel selling at $69k too. 

A new vezel selling at $89k.

So which more worth? 

u should check the condition also

Got money just buy lah, help the economy....

Don't be like some idiot billionairs, wear $19.90 Casio watch..... hoarding too much money for themselves obstructing money flow. 🤣

• Haha! 1

On 2/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, yishunite said:

Every year is a good year to sell car.

Every year is a bad year to buy car.

So no year is good to change car

hahahha

Considering a Bad or Nasty year, I wpouldn'y park mu hard earned Cash for New Car though, primarily I don't believe to hand over solid cash to LTA for practically doing nothing, Thy don't even thank you for paying em either.

I would be happy to get a hardy and reliable used car of my top few choices ( dependent of 4/5 yrs ) of usage, and weight against inflation, cost , maintenance, repairs plus unforeseen circumstance upon selling or scrap nearing COE expiry, most importantly I wld entertain Parf value of 50% refund of car body factoring in , highly export to overseas market. This are part factors I had done on my parts due to expiry date. I found the worthiness in being resourceful in 1) Parts replacement, 2) Workshop diagnosis experiences 3) Reliable car usage cum family bonding time etc etc

What type car offer good/ not best value? Likely Conti car, I may from time to time compare Toyota, Honda or Kia / Hyundai . . . towards the end of the day, how i envisage the car perform to my NEEDS vs WANTS and get the best of it- Mileage, Usage, Cost control and lastly " Safety " [cool]

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

anytime is a good time to change car....there is no better time than now...

Cool. 

I have no idea what or who you're quoting but...

Cool. 

Have been browsing the forum over the past 2 weeks, since nothing much to do.

There are lots of threads on COVID-19, too many in fact but that's understandable as this topic dominates almost every minute of our lives.

Anyone still looking to buy a used car or thinking to get one during this period?

So how does one view and test drive and do the transaction?

I've no intention to buy hehe... but if there's a really good deal as some might want to free up cash or dealers wanting to reduce their inventory during this tough period, i might.

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Have been browsing the forum over the past 2 weeks, since nothing much to do.

There are lots of threads on COVID-19, too many in fact but that's understandable as this topic dominates almost every minute of our lives.

Anyone still looking to buy a used car or thinking to get one during this period?

So how does one view and test drive and do the transaction?

I've no intention to buy hehe... but if there's a really good deal as some might want to free up cash or dealers wanting to reduce their inventory during this tough period, i might.

I'm really tempted to get a cheap sports manual to toss around but I will be a good boy during CB.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

With the recent decline of stock market, are we seeing more pre-owned cars appearing in the car mart?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

With the recent decline of stock market, are we seeing more pre-owned cars appearing in the car mart?

Yes its seems like it.

:grin:

• Praise 1

we should be seeing more pre own cars in the market given recession. some or if not most already lost their jobs because of the covid19 virus. anyway now during this circuit breaker period we also cannot buy or test drive cars also.

With this circuit breaker measures going on, many preown car dealers with no business will probably not able to survive. if they do, please also becareful when buying from them. 

Ensure that you do your homework well first as these dealers are hungry to have business. Do bargain for price as much as possible. walk away if somethings sounds fishy.

Stay safe everyone.

• Praise 5

Though i was thinking of seriously starting to look in January and even February before this CCB to trade in. 

Haha now drop to absolute lowest priority.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5