New size criteria let bigger dogs live in HDB flats

kobayashiGT

18 hours ago, Beregond said:

But all dogs bite regardless of size or how well train.

No, this is not true. Not all will bite. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

In the first place, how do people know which one bite and which one dont bite? [:p]

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

In the first place, how do people know which one bite and which one dont bite? [:p]

90% of the time, if u have been around dogs long enough, u can see the signs many levels before it gets to bite.  

There are also those who are so timid and shy they really will not even hurt a mouse. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

90% of the time, if u have been around dogs long enough, u can see the signs many levels before it gets to bite.  

There are also those who are so timid and shy they really will not even hurt a mouse. 

Yeah. agree. They are even more scared than you are.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Those who are so timid and shy, usually is small or big dogs or regardless of size? I dont get to know dogs for long time, so dont really know how to tell? But i dont really scare of them la, unless those stray dogs roaming the street.

Although i notice those pet dogs when out of the street, some of them really like to come close to me when i walked past them, they like to jump, sniff or even lick. Think i should smell like some kfc.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Those who are so timid and shy, usually is small or big dogs or regardless of size? I dont get to know dogs for long time, so dont really know how to tell? But i dont really scare of them la, unless those stray dogs roaming the street.

Although i notice those pet dogs when out of the street, some of them really like to come close to me when i walked past them, they like to jump, sniff or even lick. Think i should smell like some kfc.

I think one indication you can use to see if the dog is friendly is their tail. If they are wagging, they are happy. If they hide their tail under their body, then they are scared. Don't approach a dog when she is scared.

Any maybe just try to eat less KFC lor. hahah. Arnolds not very well known. Maybe you try to eat arnolds?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think one indication you can use to see if the dog is friendly is their tail. If they are wagging, they are happy. If they hide their tail under their body, then they are scared. Don't approach a dog when she is scared.

Any maybe just try to eat less KFC lor. hahah. Arnolds not very well known. Maybe you try to eat arnolds?

Just don't even look at them. The more you look the more they will go towards u or get aggro towards u. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Those without tooth? Haha

Joke a side. Why should we subject others to fear and acceptance just because we love our dog to the extent the dog has to share the same space as them? Can't we show respect to the human first then see how else we can pamper our pet at our own private space? 

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Those without tooth? Haha

Joke a side. Why should we subject others to fear and acceptance just because we love our dog to the extent the dog has to share the same space as them? Can't we show respect to the human first then see how else we can pamper our pet at our own private space? 

some human dun gib respect better

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Saw a St Bernard today . . . . so adorable!! 

They don't live long unfortunately like all the big breeds..... 

Last year I saw an Irish Wolf hound near Normanton Park. (I think it was anyway as I was driving). First and only time seeing one. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

(edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, kobayashiGT said:

Yup, tail is a good indication. Have to be careful when you see a dog with a raised tail (like a flagpole). Also have to look at the face & the fur on the ridge of their back.

I find most of the large dogs are better mannered cos they are more confident and also most are trained (otherwise they will be pulling their owners around). 

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Silver_blade said:

Yup, tail is a good indication. Have to be careful when you see a dog with a raised tail (like a flagpole). Also have to look at the face & the fur on the ridge of their back.

I find most of the large dogs are better mannered cos they are more confident and also most are trained (otherwise they will be pulling their owners around). 

This is why i like big dogs than small dogs.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

This is why i like big dogs than small dogs.

Only problem their shyt also human size...quite a handful when picking the shyt up with plastic bag. And they need lots of food!  It can be quite costly to keep them. 

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Only problem their shyt also human size...quite a handful when picking the shyt up with plastic bag. And they need lots of food!  It can be quite costly to keep them. 

No choice due to their big size. Lol.