Tommisan

jia lat liao

Aus > Bahrain > Vietnam > China > Netherlands > so on

how to carry on? even so the attendance will be low ... [sweatdrop] 

ah trump kor already ban europe flights

will Aus accept Europe flights with open arms? [sly] 

EDEFCDDA-D6B2-4056-88A7-778009F85C5F.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

It is the right decision although the financial losses are huge.

There is no full grid and teams can't safeguard the health of their personnel. I would say safety of the spectators will likely be compromised as there are too many unknowns with the huge influx of tourists coming from all over the world. I wouldn't also discount the locals who could be potential carrier of the virus.

There is less of a blame game in case Aus GP turns out to be the next epicenter for the COVID-19 outbreak.

• Praise 1

No doubt a little disappointed, I think that would be the best approach in view of current situation. 2 weeks later in Bahrain with no spectators. That also would not know if it will be on as the situation in Bahrain is not better than Aus.

Internal Moderator

2020 Monaco GP cancelled, not postponed

source: https://uk.motor1.com/news/405160/2020-monaco-gp-cancelled-coronavirus/

image.thumb.png.af742b454d0dd5e3255fd1395f315755.png

The Monaco Grand Prix organisers have revealed that their Formula 1 event is officially cancelled for 2020, and not just postponed.

The Automobile Club de Monaco announced the news in a statement that followed the news from F1 earlier today that the race has been postponed along with the Dutch and Spanish events.

Monaco said that the event was "no longer tenable".

The ACM made it clear that the decision was a result of a combination of circumstances, including the potential availability of the workforce required to build up the circuit, along with the volunteers who operate it on the race weekend.

The Historic GP, which was to have taken place a fortnight earlier, has also been cancelled.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.2020-season-now-expected-to-start-at-end-of-may-say-formula-1-and-fia.2n6qLwDR90AcXuzVuu7lEa.html

As a result, Formula 1 and the FIA expect to begin the Championship in Europe at the end of May but given the sharp increase in COVID-19 cases in Europe in recent days, this will be regularly reviewed

Sir Stirling Moss: the motorsport world pays tribute

On Sunday 12 April 2020, legendary racing driver Sir Stirling Moss sadly passed away. The titan of motorsport was 90.

The ‘greatest driver never to win an F1 world championship’ leaves behind him an incredible legacy. That drive on the Mille Miglia, his unquestioning sportsmanship, his fearlessness and ability to wring the best out of any machine he was in, herculean F1 drives at Monaco and the Nürburgring… the list goes on.

The motorsport community was united in its tribute to Sir Stirling. Six-time F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton – who shared a special bond with Moss – said: “I certainly will miss our conversations. I am truly grateful to have had these special moments with him. Sending my prayers and thoughts to his family. May he rest in peace.”

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff said: “Sir Stirling was a larger-than-life figure in our sport and one of the survivors of an age when motor racing was about danger, bravery and camaraderie. But most of all, Stirling’s career was characterised by an impeccable sportsmanship and in this he truly set himself apart. He was a great figure in the history of Mercedes, both as a Grand Prix driver and the winner of the 1955 Mille Miglia.

“It is no exaggeration to say that we will never see his like again,” Wolff added.

2015 F1 world champion Nico Rosberg declared Sir Stirling “truly a racing legend”, Mark Webber noted how Stirling was “a special man indeed”, and Martin Brundle said he was “a mighty racer and gentleman. He had a press on style on the track and in life. Remarkable man. Survived the most dangerous era of motorsport. He had such great stories to tell, and it was a privilege to know him.”

FIA president Jean Todt said: “Stirling Moss left us after a long fight. He was a true legend in motorsport and he will remain so forever. My thoughts go out to his wife Susie, his family, his friends.” The World Endurance Championship added that Sir Stirling was “the world’s greatest sportscar racer of his era”, a “true motorsport legend and the benchmark driver in this era in F1, endurance racing and countless other disciplines”.

1978 F1 world champion Mario Andretti said: “He was my hero and such a kind man beloved by everyone. He was a true giant in our sport and will be missed forever. My deepest sympathy to his devoted wife Susie. Rest in peace, racer.” Two-time F1 world champion Emerson Fitipaldi said: “Sir Stirling Moss one of the greatest, super champion, inspired many generations.” 1996 F1 world champion Damon Hilladded: “God’s speed Stirling. You’ll always be a champion to me.”

Maserati said Sir Stirling was “the greatest Englishman to ever drive a Maserati,” and that he was “audacious, devoted, skilful, and fierce: a true gentleman that embodied the true spirit of racing”, while Aston Martin Racing noted how he was “a legendary sportsman and gentleman”, and “one of Britain’s greatest racing drivers”.

McLaren said Sir Stirling was “a prodigious competitor, supremely talented racer, and consummate gentleman”, and that he leaves “an indelible mark of greatness on the history of international motorsport”. Lamborghini said that Stirling was “a true legend in motorsport and will remain so forever,” adding that he was “one of the greatest drivers of all time”. Ferrari said that “Stirling Moss symbolised motor sport. He was a true personality who left an indelible impression on the history of racing,” and that he was “a formidable opponent”.

Outside of motorsport, Gary Linker said: “Sir Stirling Moss has reached life’s chequered flag, and what a race he drove. Wonderful driver and a lovely man.” Former boxing world champion Frank Bruno said: “He privately supported me over many years and was an amazing driver in his time, he will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with his family and all that had the pleasure of knowing him.”

Sir Patrick Stewart, a close friend to Sir Stirling, said he was “deeply saddened by the news that my friend and hero Sir Stirling Moss has died. My love and condolences to Susie, Lady Moss”.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 3/2/2020 at 2:55 PM, kobayashiGT said:

I think soccer in Europe and formula e already experiencing some postpone and hiccups due to the coronavirus

yep. have been keeping track myself too. had presold ticket and had to wait for new sked now