Formula One 2020

Tommisan

32 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

At last, Vettel on the podium this season!!!!

Yeah, fat cat Binotto wasn’t at the GP and Vettel gets podium. Hmmm... [laugh]

ASK Stroll must be quite disappointed. Raises more questions on whether Sergio will get a seat for next year. 

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

Amazing race!

More interesting that the fact that Lewis won, it was the way he managed to.

Seeing the first half of the race it would have taken a brave person to put money on a LH victory.

The drop off in performance by the pink cars and red bull certainly helped Lewis.

Well done Perez for hanging on to second.

35 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Wow. Romain car on fire and he survived!!!

What a crash. 

Instant on fire. It's a combination of helo, helmet, fire proof gloves, suit, shoes that save his life. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Don't remember a modern era F1 car split in two like that. Miracle he survived, with rather minor injuries on top of it. If he'd lost consciousness, no way he could have been recovered by the doctor, no matter how brave he was. 

Race still not restarted. 

• Praise 1

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.crazy-ive-not-seen-fire-like-that-before-medical-car-team-describe-scene.5ICsLmBlqXDeoeqTMb9G15.html

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.drivers-praise-halo-and-f1-safety-as-grosjean-makes-miracle-escape-from.7aVY7qc56k3kRWFgY8MtLx.html

There are some takeaway from this crash incident.

1. When such horror crash happened, people then start to praise something that they previously thought it was an eyesore. Their mindset changed about the helo after this crash incident. This can be a lesson to be learnt for anyone from construction, marine, saf and etc. We cannot take safety for granted, eventhough sometimes we might feel that these safety procedure are of huge pain in the ass or this safety equipment is quite irritating or etc. These things are in place all because of safety. It's only when major incidents happened that we start to appreciate all these safety things/protocol in place.

2. Look at how the teamwork and coordination of F1 Marshall, doctor, medical personnel.. All played a key role in helping to save the life of roman grosjean. 

3. No matter what scenario that they come out with and practice on what they should do, there will always have things that are unknown and or things that they never thought of and it happened. So quick thinking and spring into action on the unknown plays a part as there is no time to discuss and need to act immediately. 

4. Eventhough romen grosjean safety is the main concern, they also do not neglect on all other parts of the safety aspect like wire cutting to ensure that they hybrid battery do not short circuit and explode. It is all these very small details that count. 

These are all the valuable lessons that can be take away when it come to safety aspect, planning and etc in any organisation. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.crazy-ive-not-seen-fire-like-that-before-medical-car-team-describe-scene.5ICsLmBlqXDeoeqTMb9G15.html

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.drivers-praise-halo-and-f1-safety-as-grosjean-makes-miracle-escape-from.7aVY7qc56k3kRWFgY8MtLx.html

There are some takeaway from this crash incident.

1. When such horror crash happened, people then start to praise something that they previously thought it was an eyesore. Their mindset changed about the helo after this crash incident. This can be a lesson to be learnt for anyone from construction, marine, saf and etc. We cannot take safety for granted, eventhough sometimes we might feel that these safety procedure are of huge pain in the ass or this safety equipment is quite irritating or etc. These things are in place all because of safety. It's only when major incidents happened that we start to appreciate all these safety things/protocol in place.

2. Look at how the teamwork and coordination of F1 Marshall, doctor, medical personnel.. All played a key role in helping to save the life of roman grosjean. 

3. No matter what scenario that they come out with and practice on what they should do, there will always have things that are unknown and or things that they never thought of and it happened. So quick thinking and spring into action on the unknown plays a part as there is no time to discuss and need to act immediately. 

4. Eventhough romen grosjean safety is the main concern, they also do not neglect on all other parts of the safety aspect like wire cutting to ensure that they hybrid battery do not short circuit and explode. It is all these very small details that count. 

These are all the valuable lessons that can be take away when it come to safety aspect, planning and etc in any organisation. 

Errrr....... it’s called halo. Not helo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(safety_device)

Next 2 races will be at the SAME circuit. What's the point? How much different a race and/or outcome are they expecting?? Don't understand this. F1 is really s*** these days.

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Instant on fire. It's a combination of helo, helmet, fire proof gloves, suit, shoes that save his life. 

I am buying a FIA approved suit for my daily driving now!!!!

38 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I am buying a FIA approved suit for my daily driving now!!!!

Actually I think the helmet is darn suitable for bikers sia. The F1 helmet is darn strong. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Actually I think the helmet is darn suitable for bikers sia. The F1 helmet is darn strong. 

Maybe the helmet more  expensive  then a used bike in sg😅

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Maybe the helmet more  expensive  then a used bike in sg😅

For cheaper used bikes, yes. 

The cost of an F1 helmet is approx 3300 GBP or 6k SGD. 

But particular helmets have gone for much more at auction, more than a hundred grand US for a special Vettel helmet.

A generic bike helmet, the sort you get at Ah Boy (I've bought from them before for car tracking) is cheap. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
52 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Buying a F1 helmet now!!!

Or should I get a MotoGP helmet instead? I am sure they went thru more R&D than thier counterparts. hahah. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1