COE bidding - 1st and 2nd round March 2020

Philipkee

Roadshow mostly ghost town atm.

The only qn is how long was the backlog of ppl who months ago alrdy decide they need a car but hadnt sign on dotted line. They will happy to dive in now. Once this backlog clear we can accurately decide what is recession level demand... i dont think we are seeing that yet

↡ Advertisement

8 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Roadshow mostly ghost town atm.

The only qn is how long was the backlog of ppl who months ago alrdy decide they need a car but hadnt sign on dotted line. They will happy to dive in now. Once this backlog clear we can accurately decide what is recession level demand... i dont think we are seeing that yet

Dont know when we will see the recession impact on coe? Right now indeed still cannot see.

With the long break to next bidding, some new orders will come in. COE may not drop too far.

Two more weeks to go, can be better or worst.

When things come to the extreme, solution will appear. Just like how China build a new hospital in ten days.

• Shocked 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Pryder said:

ya, lately see so many AD & PI offer their cars, road shows oso alot

Toyota even offer to drive any model to ur place & let u test drive, sibeh aggressive

Edited by Hokma8

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Shaun-Ng said:

i see some car promotion going on.  does it mean this coming coe will drop?

Edited by Hokma8
  • Praise 1

41 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

If Toyota, the big brother panic, then what do you think the situation of the rest? Hold on for now, COE will reach a new low....once a lifetime opportunity...

Provided LTA don't change the bidding rules to cater to those AD's who might have delayed car shipments or lack of models to sell, etc.

48 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

If Toyota, the big brother panic, then what do you think the situation of the rest? Hold on for now, COE will reach a new low....once a lifetime opportunity...

But even you can get the coe but no car also problem. Cause shipment could be delay and also car factory production also stopped or delay.

7 hours ago, Jtbc said:

With the long break to next bidding, some new orders will come in. COE may not drop too far.

Two more weeks to go, can be better or worst.

When things come to the extreme, solution will appear. Just like how China build a new hospital in ten days.

Not really true.   Yes.  Solution will appear.  But mankind has chosen war as solution before.  So let's hope the "solution" is a "good solution"

2% q1 contraction

But AD still wanna put 30+% margin on their car. Dun be carrothead.

I just did a quick check of used cars on sgcarmart. 2 yrs ago when i started looking to buy... i remember the cheapest 2nd hand cars were around $6k depre and these usually disappear fast unless its LCR mazda

Now i did a search again... sort from lowest depre. Reach page 15 before finding the first car with $5k depre. 15 pages of cars all $4k depre or less. Didnt bother to check how many pages of cars with $5k depre 

2ndhand market is in big trouble

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, yishunite said:

2% q1 contraction

But AD still wanna put 30+% margin on their car. Dun be carrothead.

I just did a quick check of used cars on sgcarmart. 2 yrs ago when i started looking to buy... i remember the cheapest 2nd hand cars were around $6k depre and these usually disappear fast unless its LCR mazda

Now i did a search again... sort from lowest depre. Reach page 15 before finding the first car with $5k depre. 15 pages of cars all $4k depre or less. Didnt bother to check how many pages of cars with $5k depre 

2ndhand market is in big trouble

dont see the point of your example. COE 2years ago vs now also very different. majority of the cars 4k or less are also coe renewed cars.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

dont see the point of your example. COE 2years ago vs now also very different. majority of the cars 4k or less are also coe renewed cars.

COE 2 yrs ago was $25-34k. My COE ended up at $30k

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

coe 2018_q1.JPG

I was talking abt 2018 generally.. I bought in November. June-July was when I was scanning and found all the cheapest used cars $6-7k depre. Cat A 25k COE was in July. then bounce back up to $34k but then steady out at $25k till end of the year

So my comparison is roughly July 2018 vs now.

Edit: Bottom line is I wld have bought used instead of new in Nov if the average depre was $4-5k instead of $6-7k. What is shocking is how many cars suddenly on the market in this range... 15 pages. That time would be lucky to see one or two pages of $6k cars before going to $7k. And COE in Nov/Dec was $25-28k.

Edited by yishunite

Neutral Newbie
On 3/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, 13177 said:

But even you can get the coe but no car also problem. Cause shipment could be delay and also car factory production also stopped or delay.