COE bidding - 1st and 2nd round March 2020

Philipkee

It is just a matter of time, probably sooner than later, COE will come under $10k and well below.  More are worried where their next meal is coming from.  The state of global economy is in doldrums. Recovery from the disease will be patchy, slow, and far from the horizon at this point. Optimistically, 12 months but realistically, 24 months.

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Pixel18 said:

It is just a matter of time, probably sooner than later, COE will come under $10k and well below.  More are worried where their next meal is coming from.  The state of global economy is in doldrums. Recovery from the disease will be patchy, slow, and far from the horizon at this point. Optimistically, 12 months but realistically, 24 months.

Not if bidding postpone

I think Apr 8 have to go ahead since got take so many orders oredi... but if postpone they may be letting dealer make one last firesale before shut down... seeing quite a lot of ads/promos but idk who dare to buy esp PI or knowing u must wait 2-3 months to collect

Plus if u dun get COE on Apr 8 then when gonna get it? Wait till May?

14 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Dont make sense.  Does it mean I can order a Ferrari online for me to test?  :D

joke aside.

the salesman then has to drive to the showroom, get the car, drive to my place, let me test, then go back to showroom, disinfect or wipe down car etc......  seem inefficient.

And who buys cars online? Maybe I too low ses 

Corporate account and fleet sales are done that way.. u get to drive for a week before you sign on the dotted line

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Not if bidding postpone

I think Apr 8 have to go ahead since got take so many orders oredi... but if postpone they may be letting dealer make one last firesale before shut down... seeing quite a lot of ads/promos but idk who dare to buy esp PI or knowing u must wait 2-3 months to collect

Plus if u dun get COE on Apr 8 then when gonna get it? Wait till May?

They might use Open Cat to fulfil the orders if the Coe bidding got postpone.

43 minutes ago, Htancl said:

They might use Open Cat to fulfil the orders if the Coe bidding got postpone.

Open cat quota is much smaller than cat A and B. How to use to cover

I dun mind if they freeze COE bidding. But they must also extend existing cars COE expiry accordingly for all. Cannot just extend for those expiring in next three months... we also face depre regardless

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, mikk123 said:

Bidding is done online, and there are also past orders to fulfill.

Suspending COE biding is a very strong signal of  interference to artificially hold COE prices at high levels and to prevent  a crash which affects the revenue. This is not right.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-bidding-likely-to-be-postponed-motor-traders

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

5 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Suspending COE biding is a very strong signal of  interference to artificially hold COE prices at high levels and to prevent  a crash which affects the revenue. This is not right.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-bidding-likely-to-be-postponed-motor-traders

Profits Above People, what do u think?

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Fully agreed with your statement

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Since when did they care what you think is right? 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Profits Above People, what do u think?

Just look at the covid19 situation, they wanna hold GE during this period! U judge for yourself how good this gov is...

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Already Dipping into reserve and bleeding money big time. I guess from a policy marker perspective. It's only right to charge people who wants to pay to help fund govt spending and infrastructure e.g. public transport. 

4 hours ago, Lufu said:

Already Dipping into reserve and bleeding money big time. I guess from a policy marker perspective. It's only right to charge people who wants to pay to help fund govt spending and infrastructure e.g. public transport. 

What about from the people's perspective? Many will lose jobs or pay cut. Why must the people help fund spending. this spending you refer to includes their million dollar salaries you know? Haven't they touted how much reserves they have?

• Praise 1

(edited)
21 hours ago, kelaihoyin said:

Actually there is a simple solution.

Let the Coe Bid continue.  

Announce that in view of the situation, COE quota for month of April will be reduced by 90%.

This 90% will be returned back to the pool gradually from May onwards.  The reason is to prevent sharp swings in COEs.

Those who car is due to be scrapped in April but now have issues getting a new car because of this can have the option  of scrapping as planned OR pay pro rated monthly PQP and road tax for this period.

Pro rated road tax - if the road tax is $1200 yearly, they need to pay $100.

Pro rated coe - if PQP is $24000, that's $2400 per year or $200 for monthly coe.

Like this it is fair for all and less disruption.

My two cents.

Edited by Philipkee

32 minutes ago, Crazy_turtle said:

What about from the people's perspective? Many will lose jobs or pay cut. Why must the people help fund spending. this spending you refer to includes their million dollar salaries you know? Haven't they touted how much reserves they have?

Disagree.  But I will be very shocked if there are people losing jobs it having pay cuts buying cars now.

I would have thought they would be relieved if coe is suspended and they could withdraw their purchase. 

And those rich ones should not have problems paying...

• Praise 1

they can stop the bidding and fix COE price at last drawn price, or PQP price for next two rounds.  

it's not about revenue or what not, but the system is not designed to work in this kind of situation and all you can do is to keep it in animated suspension and revive it when things normalize. 

Neutral Newbie

Even if COE crashes,  showroom and dealers all closed there will be no one to take the orders. It will just accumulate all potential orders in May and COE will surge again. Just my thought.

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Actually there is a simple solution.

Let the Coe Bid continue.  

Announce that in view of the situation, COE quota for month of April will be reduced by 90%.

This 90% will be returned back to the pool gradually from May onwards.  The reason is to prevent sharp swings in COEs.

Those who car is due to be scrapped in April but now have issues getting a new car because of this can have the option  of scrapping as planned OR pay pro rated monthly PQP and road tax for this period.

Pro rated road tax - if the road tax is $1200 yearly, they need to pay $100.

Pro rated coe - if PQP is $24000, that's $2400 per year or $200 for monthly coe.

Like this it is fair for all and less disruption.

My two cents.

Tooooo goooood to be happening dude! Do u know this is $$$ingapore? 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2