3 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

15 mins to go and only 27 and 41 bids for Cat A & B

Today is Tue bro.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

Lol. Brooo. Anyway, based on current bidding.. Sad to say..  quite some bidders.. like same as previous time.

Edited by Skyline6

46 minutes ago, tricycle said:

It is difficult to pinpoint the factors contributing the fluctuations in coe prices. I did a comparison btwn the month by month coe prices against the selling price of the car i had in mind, the differences do not correspond.

You could have a coe at 28k with selling price at 69k in a month, and the following month you can have a coe at 32k, selling price at 70k.

Personally, i would think it is more worthwhile to study the prices of the cars you are aiming for, and the packages the dealers are offering; ie guaranteed vs non-guaranteed coe, rebate level etc

Coe prices for the past 1 yr range btwn 28k to 35k, i'd consider it to be stable for now

My comment is abt coe price and has nothing to do with the selling price.

The correlation between coe price and selling price is positive but it may not be the same value.

It is subjected to dealer margin (also affected by market sentiment). Hence the selling price changes can be either slightly lower or higher than the coe price changes.

Just my view. I could be wrong.

(edited)

My view on coe price is its mainly relate to existing order book and not much on current external factors like stock market crash.

So this round I think will not drop by too much. Probably-3k my guess.

And for the coming rounds it might drop more as the coming order is going to drop due to external factors.

Cat E might have different result as it is transferable.

Whats your view ?

Edited by Jtbc

17 minutes ago, Jtbc said:

My view on coe price is its largely relate to last 2 mths order book and not much on current external factors like stock market crash.

So this round I think will not drop by too much. Probably-3k my guess.

And for the coming rounds it might drop more as the coming order is going to drop due to external factors.

Cat E might have different result as it is transferable.

Whats your view ?

Sell off last week, surge this week on stimulus expectation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/01/awaiting-us-stock-futures-open-at-6-pm-after-wall-streets-worst-week-since-2008.html

I wonder if anybody did a detailed paper on correlation between stock market and COE prices.

I am also guessing drop $3K. 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Lufu said:

Sell off last week, surge this week on stimulus expectation.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/01/awaiting-us-stock-futures-open-at-6-pm-after-wall-streets-worst-week-since-2008.html

I wonder if anybody did a detailed paper on correlation between stock market and COE prices.

I am also guessing drop $3K. 

There will be some correlation. Common sense tells us it will affect demand butsupply not so much.

Months down the road, I am thinking whether car parts will be an issue. 

Edited by Skyline6

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

No impact unless big fluctuation. It depends on the respective AD T&C. From my experience in the past, if Coe drop beyond their set level, they'll refund you a fixed amount that's lesser than the actual drop. In the end, AD still earn, customer still lugi. 

Eg: Signed sales agreement with quoted car price @ $32k coe. T&C will state if Coe drop beyond 22k, they'll refund you only $2k no matter how far Coe drops. 

In short, if Coe goes up or down few K it won't affect your quoted price. But of course best outcome is Coe goes up instead of down lah. 

Thanks for the info it's much clearer now. I just checked with the sales agreement it's stated  CAT A COE Rebate @ $24,000 for myself. 

1 hour ago, Old-driver said:

If its $1. I will be very happy coz i just booked a car last week. Rebate of $27999!!

• Haha! 1

Just now, Skyline6 said:

If diff cat $1, u will probably cry.

Urs AD? dollar for dollar rebate? 

AD. rebate level is 28k.

27 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

AD. rebate level is 28k.

Rebate level means? If $1, will refund $27999? 

Sorry newbie here. I went and asked AD. Sales person only say will rebate if drop but dun recall need to topup if increase.

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

No impact unless big fluctuation. It depends on the respective AD T&C. From my experience in the past, if Coe drop beyond their set level, they'll refund you a fixed amount that's lesser than the actual drop. In the end, AD still earn, customer still lugi. 

Eg: Signed sales agreement with quoted car price @ $32k coe. T&C will state if Coe drop beyond 22k, they'll refund you only $2k no matter how far Coe drops. 

In short, if Coe goes up or down few K it won't affect your quoted price. But of course best outcome is Coe goes up instead of down lah. 

3 hours ago, Jtbc said:

My understanding is when you agreed to bid at 30k and usually they will tell you the rebate level at lets say 25k.

If the coe drop between 25 to 30k you will secure your coe but no rebate unless it drop below the rebate level of 25k then they have to rebate you the amt different below 25k.

e.g. if its 22k then is 25-22= 3k

Catch no ball. I went AD not long ago. Sales person says will rebate if drop, clean and simple.

Neutral Newbie
4 minutes ago, Skyline6 said:

Catch no ball. I went AD not long ago. Sales person says will rebate if drop, clean and simple.

Those are the different tactics AD/PI use lor.

They give you a range of say between 25k to 35k, and they tell you they are going to bid within this range.

If actual coe falls below 25k, you get the rebate. If actual coe goes above 35k, thry ask if u wanna top up. If actual coe is within range, no change

I booked a car last week, they gave me a fixed coe rebate figure, rather than a range.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, tricycle said:

Those are the different tactics AD/PI use lor.

They give you a range of say between 25k to 35k, and they tell you they are going to bid within this range.

If actual coe falls below 25k, you get the rebate. If actual coe goes above 35k, thry ask if u wanna top up. If actual coe is within range, no change

I booked a car last week, they gave me a fixed coe rebate figure, rather than a range.

I think my salesperson also mentioned fix instead of range.

In that case, 

COE drops: car acquired with rebate

COE same: car acquired and no rebate

COE up: no car but u may need topup if u want it (wonder when they will inform)

Edited by Skyline6

1 hour ago, Rocket27 said:

Thanks for the info it's much clearer now. I just checked with the sales agreement it's stated  CAT A COE Rebate @ $24,000 for myself. 

Which AD that think it might drop so low?

56 minutes ago, Dilemma said:

If its $1. I will be very happy coz i just booked a car last week. Rebate of $27999!!

Which AD that think it might drop above 28k?

Just curious.😊

↡ Advertisement