COE bidding - 1st and 2nd round March 2020

Philipkee

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

This actually doesnt make sense to me.  Why should AD think against refunding u if the coe is lower than the rebate?

Let's say rebate is $25k.  Rebate is theoretically the level where they earn the most.  If coe is higher than rebate they earn less.  If the coe is at rebate or less, they earn the max.

Actual coe is $26k.  They earn less $1k in profit.

Actual coe is $25k.  Max profit.

Actual coe is $24k.  They need to refund u $1k but they still hit the max profit of $25k.  Just a bit leychey. 

Your car loan doesnt even go down if coe crashes. You just get the rebate refund.  So you are not the first to say it but I still dont get it why AD worry if coe is lower than rebate.

Yes agreed. COE lower benefit the AD as the selling price is based on the last COE. And their profit margin also better as the cost price relates to COE price.

The rebate level is their max. earning from COE  if COE goes below their bid price.

Anyway, COE drop below bid price benefit to both buyer and dealer.

Also, if COE is slightly higher some AD might move on to bid for it to close deal with slightly lower margin.

Edited by Jtbc
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Today so early Cat A break egg liao?! Looks like economy is doing well and covid-19 have no impact at all?

• Shocked 1

CAT A so many orders.... gonna have a lot more attrage on the road isit... which AD or PI is huatting or is it the lot of them... song dahs..

• Shocked 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

so early the number of bids for cat A more than the quota, who says economy is doomed. 

Demand is based on past or onhand orders to be fulfilled. 

Once demand is low there the COE will drop significantly. Probably the coming months.

Just my thot.

Edited by Jtbc
  • Shocked 1

(edited)

There goes my Honda city.  Lucky I still at the thinking stage :D 

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Jtbc said:

Demand is based on past or onhand orders to be fulfilled. 

Once demand is low there the COE will drop significantly. Probably the coming months.

Just my thot.

alot of ppl been waiting and thinking that it will drop, end up coe still remains the same and gahmen also not stupid. they will cut quota accordingly to keep the $$ coming in. simple math, if demand drops, all gahmen needs to do is cut quota further. if coe rockets to 2015/2016 prices then just come up with new measures to bring it back down. 

500 cat A at 30k or 400 cat A at 37.5k or 300 cat A at 50k, still brings in the same amount of revenue and at the same time meet the goals of going car-lite with lesser cars on the road. win win situation. 

Edited by ferrytales

49 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Is there such a thing? Only have current price, $1 still

I think current reserve price is the price th AD bid for me. haha.

Hope its successful. 

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

There goes my Honda city.  Lucky I still at the thinking stage :D 

try again.... it coming down in the next few rounds....

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

alot of ppl been waiting and thinking that it will drop, end up coe still remains the same and gahmen also not stupid. they will cut quota accordingly to keep the $$ coming in. simple math, if demand drops, all gahmen needs to do is cut quota further. if coe rockets to 2015/2016 prices then just come up with new measures to bring it back down. 

500 cat A at 30k or 400 cat A at 37.5k or 300 cat A at 50k, still brings in the same amount of revenue and at the same time meet the goals of going car-lite with lesser cars on the road. win win situation. 

The new quota starts in May.