COE bidding - 1st and 2nd round March 2020

Philipkee

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Cat A too.

Less then 10 K I buy my Honda city. 

More than 10 k I think some more.

If it stays high for years I think I just buy the honda city sticker can liao.  Tiagong its cheaper to talk about buying honda city here every day then to actually buy one if coe is very high.

:D

told you before already, if 10k COE , a lot of people will be queuing up to buy car, including poor(est) men like me will go also. how could  COE drop?

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

told you before already, if 10k COE , a lot of people will be queuing up to buy car, including poor(est) men like me will go also. how could  COE drop?

You are right, many ppl want to buy when COE is low. But many ppl may not swallow the trade-in value of their barely new cars. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
30 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

saw this at my block car park..look likes using food delivery to support a car...  COE will sure shoot up, since food delivery is on high demand now... 🤣 we Singaporean die die must buy a car.

IMG_20200331_180143.jpg

maybe recently lost job and getting rid of the car is pure paper value, so might as well use it for food delivery and tide over somehow?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
15 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Cat A too.

Less then 10 K I buy my Honda city. 

More than 10 k I think some more.

If it stays high for years I think I just buy the honda city sticker can liao.  Tiagong its cheaper to talk about buying honda city here every day then to actually buy one if coe is very high.

:D

Wait you think and talk until your current car reached 10 years liao. Lol.

• Shocked 1

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Worst case in december I put goal for 2021 to get my Honda city. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Wishing you all the best that will dream will come true. 

Your worst case is not the same as mine, my worst case is go places on foot 😄😄.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

maybe recently lost job and getting rid of the car is pure paper value, so might as well use it for food delivery and tide over somehow?

it is ok as an interim solution  during this difficult time,  the concerns is whether that can be a long term solution.  

At the end , happee就好。

Supersonic
3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

2021 still got one more year la, got chance got chance.

5 hours ago, mikk123 said:

saw this at my block car park..look likes using food delivery to support a car...  COE will sure shoot up, since food delivery is on high demand now... 🤣 we Singaporean die die must buy a car.

IMG_20200331_180143.jpg

The market is very bad now.  It will get worse.  At least this is an honest job to tide over this difficult time.

• Praise 1

Personally I feel having a personal car is more important than ever now. Waiting for favorable COE condition otherwise getting a used car. 

Some bus driver was tested positive recently? 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Jamesc said:

COE will drop to 10K when no one is buying cars.

Its not drop to 10K and everyone will buy.

:grin:

is this what we term as Catch-22? 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
12 hours ago, Lufu said:

Personally I feel having a personal car is more important than ever now. Waiting for favorable COE condition otherwise getting a used car. 

Covid has been happening for 3 months liao, if now then get a car, a bit late liao but better than never la.

Indeed there is a SMRT driver confirmed case on covid.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-smrt-bus-driver-service-972-coronavirus-12603318

(edited)

saw volvo s60  going for $109k (W/O COE) .  Question is whether the price really drop or not?

edit: top up $20k for guaranteed coe.  wow, sales must be bad

Edited by Lotr

14 hours ago, Lufu said:

Forget about used car.It is in times like this that is the best time to buy a new car. COE should drop sooner or later as various industries undergo various degrees of lockdowns and disruptions.

As the community spread increases, MRT will be considered very high risk, especially with most people not wearing masks. Since the COVID started, none of my family member has taken the MRT. You should go for more test drives and ask the SE to message you their best deals.

My guess is that the buying sentiment now is going to be badly affected. Not only recession is real, buyers are even reluctant to visit showrooms and test drive. So COE is going to be badly hit.

wanna ask

Is COE bidding under essential services? Or car showrooms? Cos if not, then car showrooms will ALL be closed so there will be no new purchases so COE will be $2.

Did I miss something?

This seems unprecedented so I dont know.

4 hours ago, andrewyewkc said:

Forget about used car.It is in times like this that is the best time to buy a new car. COE should drop sooner or later as various industries undergo various degrees of lockdowns and disruptions.

As the community spread increases, MRT will be considered very high risk, especially with most people not wearing masks. Since the COVID started, none of my family member has taken the MRT. You should go for more test drives and ask the SE to message you their best deals.

Good advise. My personal view is that a good window for dirt cheap car ownership is opening up soon. The length of this window depends on sentiment of virus and market recovery. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1