COE bidding - 1st and 2nd round March 2020

Philipkee

I believe LTA should allow upcoming COE bidding to continue. Ppl who buy cars in February and March should not be penalise due to the shutdown. While LTA can suspend the 2nd bidding in April, the quota should be divided and add to next quarter. For sure price will take a dip since it will be unrealistic for COE to raise given current economic outlook for rest of the year. 

i have a question, 2nd hand car dealer will still open in April? Reason is I just scrap my car 2 weeks ago, I’m those who will still be working in April. 

Best regards

Taka

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Takahiro said:

I believe LTA should allow upcoming COE bidding to continue. Ppl who buy cars in February and March should not be penalise due to the shutdown. While LTA can suspend the 2nd bidding in April, the quota should be divided and add to next quarter. For sure price will take a dip since it will be unrealistic for COE to raise given current economic outlook for rest of the year. 

i have a question, 2nd hand car dealer will still open in April? Reason is I just scrap my car 2 weeks ago, I’m those who will still be working in April. 

Best regards

Taka

Most appropriate that you forward this question to LTA

[email protected]

8 hours ago, Fu11thr0tt1e said:

Tooooo goooood to be happening dude! Do u know this is $$$ingapore? 😁

Dont understand.  Cut coe by 90% on april keeps price up.  Based on absolute number of COE the revenue is lower for april BUT u r getting it back in the following months cos absolute quota for year is not cut

You can restore it after april gradually but it can be so gradual price doesnt go down.

I miss anything here?

Deferment granted for inspection and scrapping announced. Still anxiously waiting for the most important news on COE

Turbocharged

Read this under vehicle in the essential list. Is car servicing consider part of it cause there's an a. For emergency vehicle services only, got a booking on Tue. 😅

Vehicle recovery and repair services

a. For emergency vehicle services only, no vehicle grooming.

1 hour ago, Lufu said:

Deferment granted for inspection and scrapping announced. Still anxiously waiting for the most important news on COE

Wow, coe bidding suspension seems like a foregone conclusion now

30 minutes ago, keanC said:

coe is a huge revenue to them. no way coe bidding will get suspended.

One benefit, from sellers perspective, is to prevent coe crash so that buyers will take higher loans

Assuming the bidding restart in May and April's quota carry over to May (unless lta chu pattern again), there is a high chance COE will crash to 10K-20K level.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Lufu said:

My car Coe expiring this month, intend to renew April pqp. 

If I dun renew, does it mean I can drive for 2 more months since LTA is allowing deferment of scrapping.?

After that, can I still renew using June pqp, assuming Coe bidding resumes in May.?

↡ Advertisement