Bolloré Bluecar - Any BlueSG user here? Share your experience here!

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Bolloré Bluecar - Any BlueSG user here? Share your experience here!

The Bolloré Bluecar is a small four-seat, three-door electric car supplied by Bolloré, designed by Pininfarina and manufactured by Cecomp in Bairo, Italy, under a joint venture owned by Bolloré and Pininfarina called Vehicule Électriques Pininfarina Bolloré (VEPB). The car has a 30kWh lithium metal polymer (LMP) battery, coupled to a supercapacitor, that provides an electric range of 250 km (160 mi) in urban use, and a maximum speed of 120 km/h (75 mph).[1]

Originally shown as the Pininfarina B0 concept car in 2008, the production version was launched in 2011 with the first 250 production version Bluecars deployed as part of the Autolib' carsharing program in Paris on December 5, 2011.[2] In October 2012, the Bluecar first became available to retail customers through leasing,[3] and sales began in February 2013 at a price of €19,000 plus a monthly fee of €80 for the batteries.[4] As of September 2016, a total of 5,689 units had been registered in France, most of which are in service for the Autolib' program.[5][6] The Bolloré Bluecar was the top selling highway-capable electric car in that country in 2012.

BlueSG have Car Sharing Plan and Charging rental. I think it is sooner or later we will use them for charging electric car in HDB areas.

For car sharing,

image.png.5011d57f17b95ce9c6dd4e0eada274f4.png

Let's say I am staying at tampines and I am going to novena.

image.thumb.png.d119fc9c8e9fb22b3b7d126150d4fe11.png

Let's say I take about 15 min to start, park and anything else. The total time for this trip is 33mins.

$8/mth

$0.33/min x 33 = $10.89 (plus my return trip back home) = $21.78

I think the charges is quite reasonable. 🤔 Considering that if I return the car to the blueSG charging point, there is no parking fee. I think is a sweet deal.

For charging,

image.png.3f735a87193234489983f2673410af3a.png

Assuming I have a Mini Cooper SE.

1200px-Mini_E_--_2010_DC.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The total range is about 180km there about. assuming I need to charge every 5 days.

image.png.073f8fc6b85152da9382ac3c14db7c76.png

And assuming I need to charge 2 hours each time to get a full charge. per charge is only $2!

$20/mth

$2 for every 5 days (Per month is only $21)

Woah. If this calculation is correct, then electric car is very very cheap.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Now not many electric cars around, so the charging point no business, so the charging fee is consider cheap. Imagine next time when there are more electric cars need to charge, think the charges might be more ex?! Lol.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

need to take into consideration of battery replacement and the cost to install a charging point at your house too.

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Now not many electric cars around, so the charging point no business, so the charging fee is consider cheap. Imagine next time when there are more electric cars need to charge, think the charges might be more ex?! Lol.

Hmmm. I think not an issue. You charge 2 hours, you need to go down and drive the car to another car park lor. And can book the charging point at a specific timing. I thinking of saving money to buy an electric car 10 year later. hahahahhaha.

6 minutes ago, Lava said:

need to take into consideration of battery replacement and the cost to install a charging point at your house too.

Charging point is BlueSG one mah. I only pay them the membership fee monthly, and the charging point rental. 

the battery replacement is a bit pessimistic le. Maybe there will be a battery warranty programme that we can buy into? If that 's the case, I will pay it like a insurance. hahah.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually EV is dirt cheap, best if you have solar panels + batteries in your house, then the cost of running the car is almost free..

This vehicle is not designed well. Miserable 67 horsepower and top speed of 110km/h (throttling start at 105)

Cabin and battery noise is very high when cruising on highway (80-100km/h).

When booking the vehicle, drop off location is subject to availability. So if no more lots at your ideal location, need to take public transport back home.

In a nut shell, only for light users who don't wish/unable to financially support owning a car.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

This vehicle is not designed well. Miserable 67 horsepower and top speed of 110km/h (throttling start at 105)

When booking the vehicle, drop off location is subject to availability. So if no more lots at your ideal location, need to take public transport back home.

In a nut shell, only for light users who don't wish/unable to financially support owning a car.

But find this BlueSG more flexible than others car sharing, at least can have the option of returning the car at any availability location. However i find the car seems like too flimsy and not very safe le.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

(edited)

The way I see ppl park the electric car is hopeless. Such a small car and such a big lot and yet ppl can still park like idiots. It's something like those rental bicycles, things prone to being abused. The ppl who use them like never own a car before. What am I saying?😂 Obviously some have never but nevertheless parking is a skill every driver must have before getting their license.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Actually EV is dirt cheap, best if you have solar panels + batteries in your house, then the cost of running the car is almost free..

I stay HDB. hahaha. Don't think it is possible. And cannot be because of EV I move to a landed mah.

54 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

I got one question to ask... Is the aircon cold? hahahha. I think the noise and roughness of the car are inevitable. The car is so small. how to pack so many things inside.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Only in SG where more means ex..

Everything will be ex when more people buy😅😅😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I stay HDB. hahaha. Don't think it is possible. And cannot be because of EV I move to a landed mah.

I got one question to ask... Is the aircon cold? hahahha. I think the noise and roughness of the car are inevitable. The car is so small. how to pack so many things inside.

I see around like many people stay in hdb, then upgrade to EC or condo, then move up to landed. Like very easy like that le?! Lol. I mean landed is those that is not in atas district la, landed near to heartlander area.

I see the way drivers whack the bluesg car on highways like as if they are racing, just a matter of time you see some siao lang crashing these cars. 

• Shocked 1

I have faith in our gahmen. No matter what you think the savings might be now, when the tech gets much wider adoption, they'll find a way to claw it all back and then some. Just like with CNG. 

So... have faith. 😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

But find this BlueSG more flexible than others car sharing, at least can have the option of returning the car at any availability location. However i find the car seems like too flimsy and not very safe le.

Oh, I'm sure it's very safe. 

I see the way blueSG drivers drive, I'm sure they have full faith in the crashworthiness of their cars. 😂

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I see around like many people stay in hdb, then upgrade to EC or condo, then move up to landed. Like very easy like that le?! Lol. I mean landed is those that is not in atas district la, landed near to heartlander area.

Oh. Not me lah. I am not a competitive one.  I practice stoic. If I have a roof, I will appreciate it. If I have extra money, I prefer to help the needy ones.

It is like a competition, you are competing with people who don't even care about you. For what. Unless I have 3 wifes, and 8 kids. Then no choice lah, landed is a must. 😂

But of cuz, I have my vices too. I like cars. So yah. Die die will drive. hahha.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
57 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I have faith in our gahmen. No matter what you think the savings might be now, when the tech gets much wider adoption, they'll find a way to claw it all back and then some. Just like with CNG. 

So... have faith. 😂

But I am not willing to give up my VTEC for Electric now! I am thinking like 15 or 20 years ahead. hahaha. when I old liao, no need to vroom vroom liao.

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

But I am not willing to give up my VTEC for Electric now! I am thinking like 15 or 20 years ahead. hahaha. when I old liao, no need to vroom vroom liao.

VTEC no fight with electric la.

More vroom. It’s not electric PMD.

↡ Advertisement