Bolloré Bluecar - Any BlueSG user here? Share your experience here!

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

VTEC no fight with electric la.

More vroom. It’s not electric PMD.

Aiyah. Now can afford doesn't mean forever can afford mah. hahah.

↡ Advertisement

13 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

If you live long enough, maybe by 2050.. all carparks will have charging station

thats 30 years later and with the assumptions the average age of forumers here are around 30 years old now. 

by then most of us should be glad that we can even walk, else buy electric wheel chair alr. 

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

I see the way drivers whack the bluesg car on highways like as if they are racing, just a matter of time you see some siao lang crashing these cars. 

Often i see those bluesg car drive quite fast. Lol.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Oh. Not me lah. I am not a competitive one.  I practice stoic. If I have a roof, I will appreciate it. If I have extra money, I prefer to help the needy ones.

It is like a competition, you are competing with people who don't even care about you. For what. Unless I have 3 wifes, and 8 kids. Then no choice lah, landed is a must. 😂

But of cuz, I have my vices too. I like cars. So yah. Die die will drive. hahha.

Maybe face value is important to people nowadays, esp the younger generation? If can afford, why not upgrade from hdb to private to landed?! Lol. 

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I got one question to ask... Is the aircon cold? hahahha. I think the noise and roughness of the car are inevitable. The car is so small. how to pack so many things inside.

Yup, I found the aircon to be comparable to average cars when I tried in 2018.

However the A/C mode is turn off by default when starting the car. U need to enable it by pressing A/C button (not very obvious) each time u drive, else u will only get fan mode.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe face value is important to people nowadays, esp the younger generation? If can afford, why not upgrade from hdb to private to landed?! Lol. 

You never see me in real person before right! I mor peng one! haha. My face alrd tells everyone le.

If like to compare, I prefer to compare from outside. My hong kong frens 100 years later also cannot afford their own house.

My Malaysia fren buy condo but the developer never properly manage the condo facilities.

I am staying in a HDB, the trash got ppl clear, my parcel will safely arrive at my doorsteps, my lease can be paid finish (maybe before I reach 50 - popi popi)

What is there to compare? I mind my own business. 🙂

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Yup, I found the aircon to be comparable to average cars when I tried in 2018.

However the A/C mode is turn off by default when starting the car. U need to enable it by pressing A/C button (not very obvious) each time u drive, else u will only get fan mode.

Ahhh! Thanks! The only thing I will be caring about when I drive a rental car overseas is aircon. Hahhaha.

yes always see the cars overtake quickly. I also notice that the car has only 2 doors. Ingress and egress would be hard. Rear cabin space should be minimal.

What if there is a portable fast battery charger hahahah

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/bluesg-reaches-its-one-millionth-rental

BlueSG reaches its one millionth rental

image.png.19aa02535358aa735ed0d9e61b1c5f85.png

Electric-car sharing service BlueSG has hit one million vehicle rentals since the programme started in 2017.

BlueSG now has around 80,000 subscribers paying from $8 a month to use one of its 667 Bluecars, it said yesterday.

The firm is supported by the Land Transport Authority and the Economic Development Board.

It has 345 charging stations with 1,371 charging points islandwide in public housing estates, industrial buildings, shopping malls, Changi Airport, Sentosa and the city centre.

There are 239 charging points across 60 stations open to electric-vehicle owners at a one-time fee of $20. These cost $1 an hour for the first three hours and then $2 an hour.

"With a significant number of stations located in popular and convenient locations, BlueSG has now become a credible alternative to private car ownership," said Mr Vitte.

Number of Bluecars: 667 

Number of charging stations: 345 

Number of charging points: 1,371 

Number of subscriptions since its launch in 2017: 80K 

Number of rentals since 2017: 1M  

Number of rentals a month: 100K 

Number of new subscriptions a month: 4,000 

Since I had time, I signed up as a Bluesg member. They are having promo now, 1st month is free. Subsequent months will be $8/mth for Classic plan. Rental of car is 36 cents/min, minimum 15mins charge. No binding contract.

The rental process is simple and smooth, just follow the online instructions and YouTube videos.

In the app is a map of SG and all the various rental locations with its car and parking availability shown, live. So you can see the availability near your location.

Rented the car twice so far. The car condition was ok, clean and tidy but very sparse. With my seat position, there will be zero leg room for the rear seats. Seat height is pretty high, no good for me, got to drive hunchback to look out the windscreen. Seats are firm. The accelerator pedal is pretty stiff and required to exert a certain amount of pressure to get the car going. By default, the head unit will have a GPS screen and radio is tuned to Class95. Did not bother to change it since I listen to Class95 too.

I tot that electric car, pickup will be zoom zoom. Well I was wrong. Pickup was delayed and slow. Pedal to metal, I barely hit 100km/hr on expressway according to the digital speedometer. Not sure if it is the actually speed thou. Steering was stiff and firm, not much body roll. Overtaking is painfully slow so do plan ahead. Overall, just a point A to B car.

I travelled 25km and the battery % drops about 10%. Not sure the actual power consumption figures thou. If go by this percentage, overall range would be 250km?

That's my overall opinion after rented it twice. Overall, rental rates, it is more expensive than a MRT or Bus ride but cheaper than a taxi or grab ride. It is in the middle. So it is a viable choice if you do not own a car.

20210423_205433.thumb.jpg.e6e36b14a9dae2c920619522f5a950e0.jpg

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 6

Supercharged

I realize bluesg car is capable of doing a bit of cross country driving too. 😁  It can go over curbs. Roll over grass patches, and park connectors. It's most powerful when travelling against flow of traffic.

• Haha! 3

Whenever i see this bluesg car on the road, they drive fast and furious. And the car looks fragile to me, i dont think i would want to drive or sit in these car. 😅

Neutral Newbie

I've used BlueSG for more than a year now.     Using it more like a 2nd car purposes so not every day but a few times a month, always >1x and maximum about 5x per month.   It's a mixed bag of good and bads. 

The car itself is not very well maintained, with lot's of wear and tear as they have been around for many years.   So almost all the cars has scratches here and there, most have dents or bumpers moved out of positions.   It's also pretty noisy to drive even noisier than petrol cars as there's almost nil sound insulation.    Interior reflects it's usage, some stale smell but not too bad.  Aircon is sufficient but noisy at high fan speed.   In terms of booking process, it's main problem is the unavailability in housing estates in the morning as many rent from there.   Before the current "Phase 2 with heightened alert", about 50% of the time, the one near my home has no available cars, so has to walk further to get.   ~30% the 2nd nearest one (both within 5min walk) don't have cars.   So I have to go >1km away to get about say 25% of the time, I've rented SGBike to ride over there before a couple of times.   Despite all that, I've never encountered a total no nil car situation so long I'm willing to extend my radius to up to 12min walking distance.    Finding a lot to return the car hasn't been a problem.  >95% of the time, I was able to get a lot nearest my home as there's more lot's compared to # of cars in total.    So the usefulness really depends on how many rental points are there near your home within reasonable distance.  If only 1, then it will be very dicey.   I rely on 4 near my home and thus far workable but do get sweaty from walking ~1km sometimes and has to plan time very well as 15mins of time is added if I can't get from the one near my house.   

Overall, I'd recommend it as a backup/2nd car use scenario.    If you are using on a daily commute, unless there's lots of points near your place, you probably will find it rather stressful.  Nowadays, with more on WFH, more availabilities so use it now is probably better, then again there's not much place to go to since you also WFH. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

36 cent per minute. No wonder they drive so fast.

And probably run red light as well, to save time. [laugh]

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
34 minutes ago, kool2 said:

I've used BlueSG for more than a year now.     Using it more like a 2nd car purposes so not every day but a few times a month, always >1x and maximum about 5x per month.   It's a mixed bag of good and bads. 

The car itself is not very well maintained, with lot's of wear and tear as they have been around for many years.   So almost all the cars has scratches here and there, most have dents or bumpers moved out of positions.   It's also pretty noisy to drive even noisier than petrol cars as there's almost nil sound insulation.    Interior reflects it's usage, some stale smell but not too bad.  Aircon is sufficient but noisy at high fan speed.   In terms of booking process, it's main problem is the unavailability in housing estates in the morning as many rent from there.   Before the current "Phase 2 with heightened alert", about 50% of the time, the one near my home has no available cars, so has to walk further to get.   ~30% the 2nd nearest one (both within 5min walk) don't have cars.   So I have to go >1km away to get about say 25% of the time, I've rented SGBike to ride over there before a couple of times.   Despite all that, I've never encountered a total no nil car situation so long I'm willing to extend my radius to up to 12min walking distance.    Finding a lot to return the car hasn't been a problem.  >95% of the time, I was able to get a lot nearest my home as there's more lot's compared to # of cars in total.    So the usefulness really depends on how many rental points are there near your home within reasonable distance.  If only 1, then it will be very dicey.   I rely on 4 near my home and thus far workable but do get sweaty from walking ~1km sometimes and has to plan time very well as 15mins of time is added if I can't get from the one near my house.   

Overall, I'd recommend it as a backup/2nd car use scenario.    If you are using on a daily commute, unless there's lots of points near your place, you probably will find it rather stressful.  Nowadays, with more on WFH, more availabilities so use it now is probably better, then again there's not much place to go to since you also WFH. 

Due to current covid, i would not want to use any car sharing, cause even they said they would disinfect the car after each user, but i still do not feel safe. Lol. Donkey years ago have tried such similar car sharing, and some of the cars indeed maintain not well and some cars even have sour and weird smell inside the car. 

• Praise 3

Maybe get a dentol spray and do a simple wipe down with a disinfectant. Eg. Steering wheel and door handles, seats etc.. 

• Praise 1

On 5/24/2021 at 9:45 AM, 13177 said:

Due to current covid, i would not want to use any car sharing, cause even they said they would disinfect the car after each user, but i still do not feel safe. Lol. Donkey years ago have tried such similar car sharing, and some of the cars indeed maintain not well and some cars even have sour and weird smell inside the car. 

sadly many (not all but a substantial number) will adopt the attitude not mine so not need to baby it ..

also they see the poor condition and think what for i pamper it, one more scratch out of the hundred there wont make an iota of difference ..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1