Bolloré Bluecar - Any BlueSG user here? Share your experience here!

kobayashiGT

Neutral Newbie
On 5/24/2021 at 9:06 AM, kool2 said:

I've used BlueSG for more than a year now.     Using it more like a 2nd car purposes so not every day but a few times a month, always >1x and maximum about 5x per month.   It's a mixed bag of good and bads. 

The car itself is not very well maintained, with lot's of wear and tear as they have been around for many years.   So almost all the cars has scratches here and there, most have dents or bumpers moved out of positions.   It's also pretty noisy to drive even noisier than petrol cars as there's almost nil sound insulation.    Interior reflects it's usage, some stale smell but not too bad.  Aircon is sufficient but noisy at high fan speed.   In terms of booking process, it's main problem is the unavailability in housing estates in the morning as many rent from there.   Before the current "Phase 2 with heightened alert", about 50% of the time, the one near my home has no available cars, so has to walk further to get.   ~30% the 2nd nearest one (both within 5min walk) don't have cars.   So I have to go >1km away to get about say 25% of the time, I've rented SGBike to ride over there before a couple of times.   Despite all that, I've never encountered a total no nil car situation so long I'm willing to extend my radius to up to 12min walking distance.    Finding a lot to return the car hasn't been a problem.  >95% of the time, I was able to get a lot nearest my home as there's more lot's compared to # of cars in total.    So the usefulness really depends on how many rental points are there near your home within reasonable distance.  If only 1, then it will be very dicey.   I rely on 4 near my home and thus far workable but do get sweaty from walking ~1km sometimes and has to plan time very well as 15mins of time is added if I can't get from the one near my house.   

Overall, I'd recommend it as a backup/2nd car use scenario.    If you are using on a daily commute, unless there's lots of points near your place, you probably will find it rather stressful.  Nowadays, with more on WFH, more availabilities so use it now is probably better, then again there's not much place to go to since you also WFH. 

SGBike rental would have already cost you $1 upfront and BlueSG's subscription model with their cars' unavailability is making a lot of consumers pay for a secondary service which they will end up not using.

Had similar experience when I had 2 months free trial when I signed up initially. Have to stress myself out on checking and reporting existing car defects before starting the trip so that I don't get faulted for them and the availability of both cars and lots at the start and end points respectively. Can't really justify using it unless I plan to travel long distance across Singapore, for shorter trips grab may be ~30% pricier than BlueSG but it's something that I feel is worth paying to avoid the hassle.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Icetee168 said:

i m just curious

does blue sanitize their car after each use?

it was reported that covit can survive on surface for hours...

I dont think they can sanitize every car end of every user use. I guess the most they schedule to clean up the car 1-2 times per day during this covid period?

@13177 i guess blue should inform the public about their schedule or efforts in sanitizing the fleet...

at least it helps in reassuring users of their fleet in this covit period... 

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Icetee168 said:

@13177 i guess blue should inform the public about their schedule or efforts in sanitizing the fleet...

at least it helps in reassuring users of their fleet in this covit period... 

User better to sanitize those main contact point of the car themselves if worry.

• Haha! 1

(edited)

It's like asking whether the bus/taxi is sanitized after every trip. 

Captain obvious, people. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Icetee168 said:

i m just curious

does blue sanitize their car after each use?

it was reported that covit can survive on surface for hours...

that why best can afford buy  your own car.! our GRAB, Taxi also not free to sanitiize every trip, same for MRT and buses! after typing this , i think if COVID make you so oaranoid, then u better stay at home until 13 June 😂

• Haha! 2

Now there is free 1st mth subscription for new signups.

Any idea if can use and then termination subscription before 1st month?

Supersonic
On 5/26/2021 at 4:27 AM, D3badge said:

that why best can afford buy  your own car.! our GRAB, Taxi also not free to sanitiize every trip, same for MRT and buses! after typing this , i think if COVID make you so oaranoid, then u better stay at home until 13 June 😂

If covid still no go away, no matter it is before 13 Jun or after 13 Jun makes no difference la, go out still not safe de if a person is so paranoid. Lol.

4 minutes ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Saw 1 Bluesg parked in 1 Red Lot. Technically.. is allowed ... so the driver go pang sai is it haha

20211014_183950.jpg

Bluesg is the new PMD.

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

https://www.bluesg.com.sg/KeepCalmwithBlueSG

They do maintain the cleanliness of the interior but dont what is the frequency.

Now waiting to see ppl drive Bluesg for car wash.

These car sharing cars cannot be clean often, so if i use them i would use antiseptic wipes to clean the high touch point in the car before using, no matter there is covid or no covid.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Alamak now we know who is one of the culprits for propping up CAT A COE 🤬🤬. Why  add so many Opel corsa, is it too many damage or total the current blue sg cars on the road 😓😪

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2