Every Sec 1 student to get e-learning device

Lala81

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/secondary-1-students-own-device-digital-learning-12498494

Haha the vendor/apple huat ah.

Ipad obviously easiest for tablet since other tablets sure have some android or what not issue. Base laptop could be too expensive given u want something lightweight and portable for children.

Or maybe a chromebook.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
Just now, Ka_kia said:

Good lor, then just carry a notebook to sch without the heavy text book etc.

Dun tink so. Some sg schools are under the Microsoft Future Schools programme and each student carries a Microsoft Surface Pro. They still hv to lug heavy books to skool.

Maybe use it to prop up the tablet......lol

I think it's more for visual learning. It's more effective to learn thru visual aid/tools like a tablet rather than the teacher talk talk talk for 2 hours like what we had last time. We must move on with the times. 2024 consider slow already.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
17 minutes ago, Soya said:

Dun tink so. Some sg schools are under the Microsoft Future Schools programme and each student carries a Microsoft Surface Pro. They still hv to lug heavy books to skool.

Maybe use it to prop up the tablet......lol

So add more things to carry to school?

Hypersonic
(edited)

Secondary school students carry extra weight is ok. Most of them have parents drive them to school only carry for a short distances. 

Heavy books are usually in the school locker. 

Edited by Ender

Last year, my son in Sec 1 was issued a school Chromebook. 

Thought he will be super happy, but no....!!!!

The functions are heavily restricted... you can't even write comments in Youtube. LOL...

He was so happy to return the brick when time comes.

• Haha! 4

We need to pay the balance leh.  MOE only top up $200 in edusave.  But better than nothing.  My son is very careless, I hope he dun misplace it.

My girl in JC uses a laptop in school.  Sometimes she needs to bring to school.  Quite heavy for her.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, Ender said:

Secondary school students carry extra weight is ok. Most of them have parents drive them to school only carry for a short distances. 

Heavy books are usually in the school locker. 

Now students so good life, most have parents drive them to school de?! My era i need to take public bus to school even during pri school le, cause no car at home. Even school bus also no money to pay. -_-

35 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Can install game or any other educational apps?  :grin:

Educational games can la but what sort of 'educational apps' you talking about? Adult kind? :=B:

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/secondary-1-students-own-device-digital-learning-12498494

Haha the vendor/apple huat ah.

Ipad obviously easiest for tablet since other tablets sure have some android or what not issue. Base laptop could be too expensive given u want something lightweight and portable for children.

Or maybe a chromebook.

I think they are giving this only.

82a19c0e62f9.jpg

ec82abed5776.jpg

Can save on paper. use phone take photo and send to teacher homework. 🙂

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

I think it's more for visual learning. It's more effective to learn thru visual aid/tools like a tablet rather than the teacher talk talk talk for 2 hours like what we had last time. We must move on with the times. 2024 consider slow already.

It's more for e learning and also preparation for home learning in case of another virus epidemic. 

I personally like to see someone standing and talk.  I can't learn much from e learning format. 

↡ Advertisement