Child seat major FAIL

Soya

Supercharged
13 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Yeah. My two car seats are tested by USA.

Mine was OKed by the American Pediatric Association. Lugged it (and toddler bed) all the way back from Houston! Passed on to niece and then friend's kid. 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Mine was OKed by the American Pediatric Association. Lugged it (and toddler bed) all the way back from Houston! Passed on to niece and then friend's kid. 

usually they say 5 years after manufacturing date need to discard. Cos of degradation of the materials esp if under hot sun bah like in texas.

When I'm done with mine, will just discard

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Koster said:

The impact of air bag is no joke either. Got a colleague who got the airbag deployed and he had ringing sound in his ears for days.

You're basically having the equivalent of a small bomb going off directly in your face...

But to be honest, by the time the airbags deploy, the car is doing everything in its power to save you from the Grim Reaper already.

If you manage to walk out from the car thereafter with only minor scratches, bruises and cuts, please write a letter to thank the car company for making a vehicle that just undoubtedly saved your life.

Hard to imagine really, that the sensors on the car are spending their entire lifespan just waiting for that critical moment to occur.

Supersonic
13 hours ago, Silver_blade said:

Have to buy only those models tested in the US or EU. I am sure many seats sold here are not tested at all.

Actually I tink not tested oso no diff to many buyers in Sg as many can tolerance low safety levels as long as it's wallet friendly

Otherwise how else to explain that ppl are still willing to buy new cars w just 2 front airbags n zero side curtain airbags for side impact rear protection for their kids? Or lagi best, use own arms as crash restraint system for their young ones?

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Soya said:

Actually I tink not tested oso no diff to many buyers in Sg as many can tolerance low safety levels as long as it's wallet friendly

Otherwise how else to explain that ppl are still willing to buy new cars w just 2 front airbags n zero side curtain airbags for side impact rear protection for their kids? Or lagi best, use own arms as crash restraint system for their young ones?

Sometimes I wonder what some ppl are thinking. I know someone spent some effort to buy a car with top safety features but his children are no belted up on appropriate child seats. They are free to move around in a moving car. Such practice is very common. Weird. 

16 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

With a name like that (I TRAVEL), little wonder the baby will travel on impact. 🙄

Have to be cautious of anybody that can't spell "travel" correctly.

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

usually they say 5 years after manufacturing date need to discard. Cos of degradation of the materials esp if under hot sun bah like in texas.

When I'm done with mine, will just discard

There are expiry dates stamped on the back, at least on our one......it's now used as a small chair in our living room.

• Praise 1

Just now, bsswan said:

There are expiry dates stamped on the back, at least on our one......it's now used as a small chair in our living room.

yes some people don't know. So i don't rec hand me downs for this unless just used for 1-2 yrs.

my girl's original one has expired but my son still using. Cos we don't often  park outdoors, so probably not much exposure to harsh environment

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yes some people don't know. So i don't rec hand me downs for this unless just used for 1-2 yrs.

my girl's original one has expired but my son still using. Cos we don't often  park outdoors, so probably not much exposure to harsh environment

I also think it can be used for a while after the expiry date if you know the history of the seat.

• Praise 1

On 3/5/2020 at 6:14 PM, Hamburger said:

Its no wonder some prefer to carry in their arms and right in front of the SRS airbag.

Full impact of air bag is safer in their opinion. 

Neck sure break 

↡ Advertisement