Japan 2020 - Hokkaido/Tokyo

Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

nice writeup and pics. Did you guys go recently? Before Covid? 

I have a trip on late may to Japan.... not sure if should go. 

Supercharged
5 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

I just went the website... stunning. Good clean design and lots of well taken pictures.

All should go in to support.

One comment - should blank out the car plate numbers in the pics, in case you run foul of some privacy fanatic.

Wah, you skied so much there. 👍

I tried one morning, kept falling, then i realised it's futile to think i can master it...

Did you get any blister on your legs from the ski boots/gear?

• Haha! 1

25 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

I tried one morning, kept falling, then i realised it's futile to think i can master it...

No blisters but a few bruises from the falls and entire body achey.  I fell alot too, but just get up and go again, no fall no learn. 

27 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

One comment - should blank out the car plate numbers in the pics, in case you run foul of some privacy fanatic.

Car plates are public access, there is nothing wrong. 

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

nice writeup and pics. Did you guys go recently? Before Covid? 

I have a trip on late may to Japan.... not sure if should go. 

Quite recent. Just back a week+ ago. We went when Japan wasn't so bad but was watching the news and seeing it get worse, we left Hokkaido just before the news started reporting about the prefecture. But when we were there, it didn't feel so bad, mainly because there weren't that many ppl around the places we went. Only Niseko was busy, but no PRC. See PRC hold your breath lo. 

32 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Must take at least half day beginner lesson lah.... Wear thick socks (and knee guards - for those nearly able to collect CPF) should be OK.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

No blisters but a few bruises from the falls and entire body achey.  I fell alot too, but just get up and go again, no fall no learn. 

Lucky you. My wife, the kids and I all had blisters near the shins and the sides. We used that as excuse, no, reason to cancel our full-day lesson, after half a day. Only our son liked it a lot and carried on.

Initially i also got up and went again, but it was more and more difficult to even get up wearing the gear. My ski was especially tight, and it was difficult to even unlatch the boots from the ski, to be able to stand up 😅

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Must take at least half day beginner lesson lah.... Wear thick socks (and knee guards - for those nearly able to collect CPF) should be OK.

yah, we took beginner lesson... and still fell... sigh...

I fell a lot, but all were what i would call soft falls, and there was no pain or bruises anywhere since all were on the soft snow. Had worn winter socks, and i think also rented their socks... but still got the blisters. My wife had them quite bad too...

i think skiing is not for me 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

As usual, ah Mock solid travel log...love the write up and photos...

darn bias...over here often only post amdl ccb pap wan shui 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

16 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

I could never understand what’s so preciously private about a set of number plates expressly meant to uniquely identify a car by everyone who sets eyes on it.

Many of the cars Mock posts are so rare that even without the license plates they have other unique identifiers that it makes the task of blanking out number plates a total waste of time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2